By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Videogamer Devil's Third Preview: " A cruel joke for Wii U owners"

Tomonobu Itagaki - a big name but we all know that one person cannot make or break a game.

Around the Network
b00moscone said:
You know you've done something wrong when your game looks like this:

when people said "it's look like PS1 games " i thought is a little bit over react or troling , but then you showed this, i believe now this games graphic so much worse then PS1 games

twintail said:
hsrob said:

If Nintendo had been involved from the outset, perhaps quality control would have been enough to keep the game on track, but quality control can only get you so far if a product is fundamentally flawed.

Nintendo may have realised this and pitched some development assistance in hopes of righting the ship, but it clearly didn't work. Anything I've read about Nintendo and their third party partnerships these days suggests that they are happy to lend technical support but tend not to get too heavily involved, leaving directorship with the outside studio. If they get eavily involved it just becomes 'another Nintendo game'.

Did Nintendo give best efforts to try and fix the game? We can't know for certain but there comes a point where you have to cut your losses. And seeing as they had a hand in development they should have good insight into whether it was worth persisting with trying to fix this game.

Nintendo has certainly dropped the ball before in terms of supporting quality releases e.g. The Wonderful 101, I just don't think this is one of those times.

If that is the case then Nintendo ase idiots for another reason altogether.

Why would they sign on the game if they could tell it was fundamentally flawed? Why only pitch some development assistance for a game you are going to get behind and publish? 

Regardless of the situation, we know was the role of their team is: to help 3rd party games. As Itagaki put it, Nintendo sounded more involved than simple some development assistance. As the game is published by them it becomes  Nintendo game whether they actively develop it themselves or not. Pokemon is a Nintendo game, but Nintendo dont develop it: GameFreak, a 3rd party dev, does.

Me saying that what I am about Nintendo and their support for the game has nothing to do with the quality of it. Its the principle of the matter. They took the game on when Itagaki needed help. Now they dont care. Its a clear lack of respect for a 3rd party partner and their own involvement in an agreement with them. 

If Nintendo does not want to publish the game then don't do so then. Don't do a half-hearted attempt at publishing. 

I don't necessarily disagree with the first bold. They must have thought it was fixable, but clearly they were wrong.

I disagree with this, quality for me is part of the equation. If this is 7/10 'bad' game, then yes I think it's unfortunate that Nintendo is not following through, but if it's 4/10 bad then I agree. The developer has taken Nintendo's money and had the responsibility to produce a decent game that meets some kind of minimum standards. They can't phone it in, then expect that the publisher is going to enthusiastically get behind distribution and marketing, unless those were specifically called out in the contract.

I don't think it's lack of respect, it's not like Nintendo hasn't sent it's own first party games to die, they are just extremely (too)tight with their distribution and marketing budgets. As for regional disparity, Nintendo has always left publishing decisions up to the regional offices, that's not new. Remember this is the same NOA that initially passed on Xenoblade Chronicles, one of last generations most critically acclaimed games.

I agree that Nintendo is, at times, too tight with money, I just don't think this instance is particularly bad. The developer was given their chance to make the game, they still got paid and people can still pay the game if they want to. 

I was really looking forward to this game. Too bad

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Was the first nintendo published wii u game I had no interest in since I got the system two years ago BEFORE it was confirmed to be trash. NoA would be wise to pass on this; sometimes games just don't work out.

Around the Network

Woah... is it that bad?

Well... I prefer to have a "wait and see" approach to that game. People said the same thing about ZombiU and, in the end, it was a quite enjoyable game, so much that Ubisoft will launch it on other platforms. 

I´m gonna wait for youtube gameplay videos before deciding to get it.  These times it´s hard for me to trust in any videogame critics.

Rogerioandrade said:

Woah... is it that bad?

Well... I prefer to have a "wait and see" approach to that game. People said the same thing about ZombiU and, in the end, it was a quite enjoyable game, so much that Ubisoft will launch it on other platforms. 

I´m gonna wait for youtube gameplay videos before deciding to get it.  These times it´s hard for me to trust in any videogame critics.

There are plenty of gameplay videos on Youtube right now bro, it doesnt help the case tho...it looks BAD.

I have heard that the multiplayer is really fun. But in all blunt honesty, there has never been a point in gaming history where Itagaki games were EVER really known for solid cameras/mechanics/story/anything. They've always been pretty iffy, even though DoA is ok. So considering I've never liked his Ninja Gaiden games, I really did not expect this to be any better, on a fundamental level, no matter what console it would have wound up on.

Annnnd folks, we have a contender of Battle of Worst Wii U Titles....

Sonic Boom vs. Devil's Third!!!

It's the kind of prejudice on display here by the majority in this thread that I cannot stand.