By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Videogamer Devil's Third Preview: " A cruel joke for Wii U owners"

Judging from the preview vids I seen so far. The game does look like an early 360 game in terms of graphics and Ai. The gameplay reminds me of PS2 era shooters in that is more "run and gun" than "cover shooter". Actually, it seems very arcadey, has beat em up style too. But I'm not sure I like that the main character can take an insane amount of damage.

The framerate seems ok and is far from Blightown bad (random example, not hating DS). And while there's quite a few quirks, like bodies on the air, it doesn't seem to be on New Vegas level of broken (random example, not hating Fallout).

Overall, I like crazy arcade style stuff. While all these gameplay vids are showing how "bad" this game is, they have made me interested in the game.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Small budget and lack of management from the studio is probably the main reason for this.

Aerys said:

I'm going to question your maturity " lol indies it's not the same xD " , grow up, you'll see most of these" indies" ( none of them being indie since they are co developped and published by sony , learn what indie means ;) )  look much better than Devil Third, Starfox and even Splatoon.

Yes, indies, it's not the same. And yes, most of these games are incredibly niche and they won't reach anywhere near the popularity Splatoon has. And Splatoon is on a console with a very small userbase yet it will still outsell all those games you mentioned "look better". Since when do you decide what will be better? Have you played Splatoon? I very much doubt it. Have you played all those PS4 games you mentioned? Of course you haven't as half of them haven't even released yet. But you already know they will be better? And why are Sony fans on this site all of a sudden saying Wii U fans have been hyping Devil's Third? This game got the monnicker of Devil's Turd by Nintendo fans. Barely any Wii U owner is/was interested in this game.

The fact is these games are not less ambitious than all the games you listed ( except for X ) , so you can play bad faith and be a hater or be objective.

What does being ambitious have to do with this? Games are either good or bad & popular or unpopular.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

AEGRO said:
Areym said:
The game never looked that good to begin with, sad to say, so this comes as no surprise.

For a game that never looked that good, it sure had tons of threads hyping it up!

I've only been here for a month, so can you please show me these threads?

Alkibiádēs said:
AEGRO said:
Areym said:
The game never looked that good to begin with, sad to say, so this comes as no surprise.

For a game that never looked that good, it sure had tons of threads hyping it up!

I've only been here for a month, so can you please show me these threads?

There are a couple of links posted on this very same thread bro, you could also use the search feature on the front page.

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
Areym said:

Yeah, i saw the threads. I don't know what people saw in it but we all get a little lost in the hype from time to time, just look at Titanfall.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

This thread remind me the order 1886 Lol

AEGRO said:

There are a couple of links posted on this very same thread bro, you could also use the search feature on the front page.

You make a claim, you have to show the evidence. So link me the threads where this game is being hyped by Nintendo fans.

If you don't back up your posts with good arguments and proof then why did you bother pressing enter?

Remember when people said that a developer is as only as good as their last game ?

Well it's official, Itagaki sucks and ironically enough it was Valhalla's first game ...

I suppose Nintendo of America has their reasons, but I would still imagine people wanting the game.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay