By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - ! ! ! Batman V Superman - New trailer from Comic-Con

JWeinCom said:
As far as the people know, he didn't save the kids, or do anything on the oil rig. Lois knows he saves her, but noone else does. Zod wouldn't have been there if not for Superman, so the public is not going to give him a whole lot of credit for.

If Superman hadn't been there, millions more people would be alive, even accounting for the few people he saved. So I get the hatred. The problem was it's stupid to make a Superman movie where everyone hates Superman.

Not sure if I would call it stupid.  Actually I think its more grown up.  Having Superman be the default hero without having to work for it seems a little to easy and not realistic.  I do like my plots to be a little more complex then the 60's comic book plotlines. I like to see a Superman who is more than the big boyscout but someone who would trully question why am I doing what I do.

When all is said and done its just a difference of opinion.  I am fine with people hating Superman and him rising above the hate to be that hero.  Makes for a better setting then people just loving him because he is Superman.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Machiavellian said:

Not sure why it takes tremendous leaps of logic to believe that Batman would have a chance against Superman if they were both going head to head.  Both characters are well developed throughout DC universe so how they would act in such a situation would go along those lines.  Superman with this superior body and capabilities would easily just walk into traps because there is very little that can harm him.  Batman on the other hand would especially plan on every contigency he could to trap Superman and use his ego to lure him where he wants.

Superman can move faster than Batman can perceive. You can't beat someone in head to head fight if they can move faster than you can react. It's stupid. It's one of the reasons I like MoS. They put Superman up against foes that can actually beat him in a head to head fight.

Yes, Superman could turn Batman to ash without ever getting eve close to him but what has always been Superman's weakness.  This is what I am talking about.  Superman weakness is that he can do all of those things so he is easily trapped because he cannot think outside of his own strength.  No one is crazy enough to believe that Batman could ever beat Superman head to head but its not like Superman is omnipresent.  Superman has fallacy’s just like any Characters and he does have serious weaknesses once known can be exploited.

Machiavellian said:
JWeinCom said:
As far as the people know, he didn't save the kids, or do anything on the oil rig. Lois knows he saves her, but noone else does. Zod wouldn't have been there if not for Superman, so the public is not going to give him a whole lot of credit for.

If Superman hadn't been there, millions more people would be alive, even accounting for the few people he saved. So I get the hatred. The problem was it's stupid to make a Superman movie where everyone hates Superman.

Not sure if I would call it stupid.  Actually I think its more grown up.  Having Superman be the default hero without having to work for it seems a little to easy and not realistic.  I do like my plots to be a little more complex then the 60's comic book plotlines. I like to see a Superman who is more than the big boyscout but someone who would trully question why am I doing what I do.

When all is said and done its just a difference of opinion.  I am fine with people hating Superman and him rising above the hate to be that hero.  Makes for a better setting then people just loving him because he is Superman.

I agree, there has to be a reason, a build up really, for people to love him. Saving the planet from Zod is the first step. But I'm glad they address the colateral damage it caused in some ways. Considering he comes from a race that basically attempted to wipe out all of humanity, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be cautious about Superman.

People may love Superman but you would still fear him until he becomes the hero all the time. Right now, you cannot say that Superman did not just take out the competition. If you were going to take over the world yourself, it would probably be best to take out the competition so you have complete reign. No government would see Superman as a hero since there is nothing they can do to stop him. Just trusting Superman to be good when no one really knows him is a bigger leap of faith then Batman knocking Superman out.

Nuvendil said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Judging by what I just saw it appears Lex Luthor sort of takes Superman under his wing (the scene where he's bowing to him) and gives him command of the Super task force we see (the guys with the symbol on their shoulders) basically putting him to work for Lexcorp or the US's benefit and tricking Supes into thinking that's the right thing to do. Lex sends him to take down the vigilante in Gotham as he doesn't like an unknown quantity like that. Batman has already seen the destruction and doesn't trust the govt./Lexcorp so he decides to build a super suit to fight the alien and his men. The only thing I can't figure out is how Wonder Woman figures into this.

I think the exact opposite.  Lex stirs up the Senator (he tells her Supes is dangerous) and Batman to go after Supes, no doubt using the Supes-worshipping zealots to "prove" he's a threat.  All the dialogue in the trailer from Batman and Alfred point to Batman being the aggressor, not Superman.  Lex even makes a reference to Superman and his forces as the "red capes," a play on redcoats, implying he is "warning" Bruce and the gov about the "dangerous" Superman.  As for that one scene with Lex, he does not at all look like he is friends with Lex; he looks super pissed.  We see a scene with kryptonite, he is likely feeling the effects of that.  As for Wonder Woman, I'm not sure either.

Either way I think Lex is playing both sides.  I think he puts Superman in a position that almost forces Batman's hand (my scenario).  I think everyone is naturally mad at Supes for Metropolis (Affleck looks pissed in the beginning) and the people are mad that their biggest city was demolished.  Superman may be open to coercion and Batman doesn't see what's going on with Lex so he thinks Supes just wants power.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

Batman suit is hideous as hell

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

This doesn't look great.

Heavenly_King said:

What?! This is the best costume we've had so far.

Lawlight said:
Heavenly_King said:

the helmet is horrible.

Heavenly_King said:
Lawlight said:

the helmet is horrible.

In the powersuit one?