By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo:MCC still in top 20 worldwide. No PS4 2015 Exclusive is in top 50.

cpg716 said:
method114 said:

ah ok I see what you mean now and I can agree to an extent. MS messed things up so bad at E3 that it was going to take a while to turn things around because first you have to make the changes (which to MS a while) and then you have to start providing more then your opponent to get people back. Then you have to make sure everyone knows that things aren't the same as they were during E3 or whatever their friend told them happened at E3. Then you have to hope those people didn't already get a PS4. MS just made a mess of things this gen and the best they can hope for now is to  win the US.

I also think X1 made the mistake of not beefing up the power. I mean. I know the could not know EXACTLY what PS4 was doing..  But they did know they were going to offer a $499 system. They could have worked with a GPU they knew was capable of pushing out more power, especially since they WANTED Kinect 2 to be a big part of the system (when it used up resources games could use).    Just seems like poor planning.   I am mad at the PS4 in a sense for the same thing. These consles should have been made where 1080p/60FPS was EASY to do on DAY ONE.. EVERY GAME.  Unless both Sony and Microsoft KNEW this was going to be a shorter generation..  The X2 and PS5 will be like PC upgrade mainly..    16GB of RAM/ 4k GPUs..  still able to play older games at lower rez (and better if developers tweak ) but new games will be 4k..

To be fair, they're both perfectly capable of running games at 1080/60fps. However, when devs target 30fps, they develop accordingly. The more you push the visuals the more you have to compromise in other areas.

If 60fps and 1080p resolution were the biggest priorities, the visuals on games would be adopted accordingly to meet this specification.

More power inside the system would in these cases simply lead to even more polygons/lighting effects etc going into the games.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

halo it a ok game but dont deserve a spot in top 100 but since it bundle with the console and the sheep well it were it his now and IMO

MikeRox said:
cpg716 said:

I also think X1 made the mistake of not beefing up the power. I mean. I know the could not know EXACTLY what PS4 was doing..  But they did know they were going to offer a $499 system. They could have worked with a GPU they knew was capable of pushing out more power, especially since they WANTED Kinect 2 to be a big part of the system (when it used up resources games could use).    Just seems like poor planning.   I am mad at the PS4 in a sense for the same thing. These consles should have been made where 1080p/60FPS was EASY to do on DAY ONE.. EVERY GAME.  Unless both Sony and Microsoft KNEW this was going to be a shorter generation..  The X2 and PS5 will be like PC upgrade mainly..    16GB of RAM/ 4k GPUs..  still able to play older games at lower rez (and better if developers tweak ) but new games will be 4k..

To be fair, they're both perfectly capable of running games at 1080/60fps. However, when devs target 30fps, they develop accordingly. The more you push the visuals the more you have to compromise in other areas.

If 60fps and 1080p resolution were the biggest priorities, the visuals on games would be adopted accordingly to meet this specification.

More power inside the system would in these cases simply lead to even more polygons/lighting effects etc going into the games.

No.. Games that are 720p, 900p on PS4 are 1080p and up on PC..     Games that are 1080p on PS4 are not on X1..  Point is..  If they had more powerful GPU's there would be no COMPROMISING. They have to do that now, because they have to balance resources on consoles because of the CPU/GPUs used.

More powerful CPU/GPUs would would lead to better looks games.. we know this..because PCs exist..  same goes for FPS.. Games that are capped at 30fps on console, are NOT on PC.. and those games look better..  

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Because the PC version of the game was built to console specifications.

Of course your PC will run it at 60fps if its much more powerful than the target platform of the game.

If PS4/XB1 were more powerful, they'd still use the extra resources on other areas. Why do you think The Last of Us is 1080/60 on ps4 but uncharted will be more likely 30fps?

If thevisuals didn't jump between gens, all ps4/xb1 games would be 1080/60.

Does your PC that ran all ps3 games at 1080/60 also run all 8th gen games at this speed too?

Faelco said:
cpg716 said:
Ali_16x said:
cpg716 said:

What are you talking about.. i did count .. That is why its listed. with both worldwide and NA numbers. Its not a 2015 exlusive. So my title still is exactly true and the point was more about how Halo 4 will do.. I said a 2014 PS4 game was outselling the 2015 Ps4 exclusives.. did you even read the whole post, or just the title? 

Wow so why are you only saying that for PS4? Where is Xbx One's 2015 exclusive that is in the top 50? What a truly ridiculous thread.

What does that have anything to do with what I said? How does it invalidate that Halo: MCC is outselling every 2015 PS4 exclsuive. That was the topic here. I talked about TLoU also doing better then any 2015 title, but still not better then Halo:MCC. This with less then 12 million customers, compared to 22 million. Yes. Halo:MCC is also outselling all X1 2015 titles..   doesn't invalidate what I said.

Wow.... That's just.... I don't know, you should have an award, or MS should hire you... So much PR stunts in one thread... 

So, we can do almost the exact same thread with "TLOU" instead of "Halo" and "Xbox One" instead of "PS4", you agree? You know, "TLOUR is outselling all X1 2015 titles". "A one year old remaster sell so well, how much will Uncharted 4 do? ".... What's the point of this thread? 

It looks like you just discovered what multiplatforms mean with this generation. Welcome to the new world, where CoD, Battlefront and AC PS4 bundles, DLC and marketing exclusivity matters a lot more than XOne exclusives like Tomb Raider or Forza. We've talked about that for months... 

Yes.. I just discovered multi-plats. yet.. I have been console and pc gaming since the Atari and Commodore days.. I've had about enough of condescending attitude. 

You again didnt really read what i wrote.. Since the point of what I wrote was about how Halo 5 would do this holiday..  No sequal for TLoU is coming out in 2015..  so it really wouldn't be relevent.   and again..   Halo:MCC still sold better in the weeks I was talking about..   So my title still worked..  since A) Halo:MCC outsold TLoU, and B) TLoU is not a 2015 exclusive on PS4 (its 2014).  

This had nothing to do with multi-plats.. We wll know CoD, Battlefront, MGS, etc will be HUGE this holiday..  But there are other topics of conversation that can exist besides those you approve of , and those that have already happend "for months"... 

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
Because the PC version of the game was built to console specifications.

Of course your PC will run it at 60fps if its much more powerful than the target platform of the game.

If PS4/XB1 were more powerful, they'd still use the extra resources on other areas. Why do you think The Last of Us is 1080/60 on ps4 but uncharted will be more likely 30fps?

If thevisuals didn't jump between gens, all ps4/xb1 games would be 1080/60.

Does your PC that ran all ps3 games at 1080/60 also run all 8th gen games at this speed too?

Sorry. No.  Some games are built on PC then ported to consoles also.    Developing doesnt work the way you are saying..    The PS4 and X1 absolutely struggles becuase they are not powerful enough..   They are NOT capable of 4k gaming, or even 2k gaming..     Developers wouldn't just "use' the extra resources.. They would be able to have MORE going on (more polygons) if they had better hardware.. which would give them the ability hit 1080p..    Why do you think games on X1 cant do 1080p, but can on PS4..  MORE POWERFUL GPU..   

Your PS3 era senario doesn't make sense.. Games developed today use more resocurces then those of several years ago. They use more resouces and have more powerful hardware, so they are more capabale.  Developers time after time talk about the "compromises" they have to make on console to get the games running smooth without framerate loss..  this includes knocking down resolution, and lowering FPS..  or putting LESS detail or action on the screen. This would NOT be a problem with more powerful hardware.. that is without question my friend.

cpg716 said:

Sorry. No.  Some games are built on PC then ported to consoles also.    Developing doesnt work the way you are saying..    The PS4 and X1 absolutely struggles becuase they are not powerful enough..   They are NOT capable of 4k gaming, or even 2k gaming..     Developers wouldn't just "use' the extra resources.. They would be able to have MORE going on (more polygons) if they had better hardware.. which would give them the ability hit 1080p..    Why do you think games on X1 cant do 1080p, but can on PS4..  MORE POWERFUL GPU..   

Your PS3 era senario doesn't make sense.. Games developed today use more resocurces then those of several years ago. They use more resouces and have more powerful hardware, so they are more capabale.  Developers time after time talk about the "compromises" they have to make on console to get the games running smooth without framerate loss..  this includes knocking down resolution, and lowering FPS..  or putting LESS detail or action on the screen. This would NOT be a problem with more powerful hardware.. that is without question my friend.

There is finite power to a system/PC set up, regardless of how powerful it is. If you cut back the visuals/physics/AI etc, you can boost frame rate and resolution. However there is always a limit to what you can have.

If 1080/60 was the most important target for developers, games would be running at that. However many developers choose to prioritise the visuals.

There are 60fps games on consoles with better visuals than other games which run sub-30fps on the same platform. It doesn't matter how powerful the platform is, it is what the developer chooses to do with that power that dictates.

cpg716 said:
Faelco said:

Wow.... That's just.... I don't know, you should have an award, or MS should hire you... So much PR stunts in one thread... 

So, we can do almost the exact same thread with "TLOU" instead of "Halo" and "Xbox One" instead of "PS4", you agree? You know, "TLOUR is outselling all X1 2015 titles". "A one year old remaster sell so well, how much will Uncharted 4 do? ".... What's the point of this thread? 

It looks like you just discovered what multiplatforms mean with this generation. Welcome to the new world, where CoD, Battlefront and AC PS4 bundles, DLC and marketing exclusivity matters a lot more than XOne exclusives like Tomb Raider or Forza. We've talked about that for months... 

Yes.. I just discovered multi-plats. yet.. I have been console and pc gaming since the Atari and Commodore days.. I've had about enough of condescending attitude. 

You again didnt really read what i wrote.. Since the point of what I wrote was about how Halo 5 would do this holiday..  No sequal for TLoU is coming out in 2015..  so it really wouldn't be relevent.   and again..   Halo:MCC still sold better in the weeks I was talking about..   So my title still worked..  since A) Halo:MCC outsold TLoU, and B) TLoU is not a 2015 exclusive on PS4 (its 2014).  

This had nothing to do with multi-plats.. We wll know CoD, Battlefront, MGS, etc will be HUGE this holiday..  But there are other topics of conversation that can exist besides those you approve of , and those that have already happend "for months"... 

Halo MCC is also a 2014 title, so "Halo MCC is outselling 2015 PS4 titles" = "TLOUR is outselling 2015 XOne titles". It's exactly the same comparison. 

You can think that Uncharted has nothing to do with TLOU, but I don't. Same studios, same creators, same type of cinematic game, same audience. The success of TLOU is a clue about the success of Uncharted 4. So I still don't understand the point of this thread and most of all its link to the clickbait title. If your point is "Halo MCC is selling well, so Halo 5 will sell well", it's nothing new IMO but put it in the title, no need to bring console war in this. If your point is about a 2014 remaster outselling 2015 exclusives, it also works the other way around, so still no need to bring console war in this....

And my point about multiplatforms was about their weight, more important than before with this gen. I'm not saying you just discovered multiplatforms... 

cpg716 said:
method114 said:

ah ok I see what you mean now and I can agree to an extent. MS messed things up so bad at E3 that it was going to take a while to turn things around because first you have to make the changes (which to MS a while) and then you have to start providing more then your opponent to get people back. Then you have to make sure everyone knows that things aren't the same as they were during E3 or whatever their friend told them happened at E3. Then you have to hope those people didn't already get a PS4. MS just made a mess of things this gen and the best they can hope for now is to  win the US.

Yea I know what you mean. I actually ended up selling my PS4 and building a gaming PC. Just got tired of buying new games for $60 not liking it and not having an option to sell it back/return it. On PC I can do that and I can also download any game and try it out before I buy it. I don't even think 4k will be standard next gen. 4k is pretty tough to do on PC right now while 1080p has been around for a very very long time. I can do 4k on all the old games from the 360/PS3 era but newer games can't be done on my current system.

NobleTeam360 said:
Does VGChartz track bundles? Never got an answer for this before.

Yes, they do.