By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo:MCC still in top 20 worldwide. No PS4 2015 Exclusive is in top 50.

Normchacho said:
cpg716 said:

No.. The best selling bundle for X1 in June was the AC:Unity bundle.. (If we use Amazon)..   It was #27..   The Halo: MCC bundles werent until 53 and 54..    The STAND-ALONE Halo: MCC game was #28..  Which for PS4 and X1.. it was the ONLY exclusive in the top 40... on Amazon..  Wii U had Splatoon and Supersmash.. 

Ahh sorry, my bad. But still...I'm getting the point here, you are presenting this as some sort of evidence to prove something. What is it?

As my first post stated (Which no one seems to read beyond the headline)..   After listing the chart positions of the titles..   the point of my POST was ASKING..  "What do people think of this"..   Says it right there.. first post..     but everyone just goes on the attack.. tries to "prove me wrong".. I WASN'T PROVING ANYTHING. All I did was post the totals compared to the other titles, and said this could be good for Halo 5..    Otherwise.. as I stated.. as the post says.. it was to ask what people thought about Halo:MCC doing so well 9 months later.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network
cpg716 said:
Normchacho said:

Ahh sorry, my bad. But still...I'm getting the point here, you are presenting this as some sort of evidence to prove something. What is it?

As my first post stated (Which no one seems to read beyond the headline)..   After listing the chart positions of the titles..   the point of my POST was ASKING..  "What do people think of this"..   Says it right there.. first post..     but everyone just goes on the attack.. tries to "prove me wrong".. I WASN'T PROVING ANYTHING. All I did was post the totals compared to the other titles, and said this could be good for Halo 5..    Otherwise.. as I stated.. as the post says.. it was to ask what people thought about Halo:MCC doing so well 9 months later.

I think the issue was you chose to single out only the PS4 and it's 2015 exclusives. I mean if your intent was just to ask what people thought about Halo:MCC doings so well nine months later and to say that Halo 5 will do well then what was the point of bringing in the PS4, only it's 2015 exclusives, saying it wasn't excluisves pushing PS4 sales, and bringing up the power, price and the "headstart" of the PS4? What does any of that have to do with you wanting to say Halo:MCC is doing well and it bodes well for Halo 5?

Now I am not saying anything you said was incorrect, because it was all correct and factual. And I do not agree with any "attacks" that were made because those are always silly. But when seeing the thread it does make one curious as to why it was presented in this way if the sole purpose of the thread was to say Halo:MCC is still doing well and that it bodes well for Halo 5 this fall....it just doesn't add up.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Cool story bro.

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

cpg716 said:
Aeolus451 said:

Listing the end of a week could mean that you're talking about totals, yearly, monthly or weekly sales rankings. You didn't link any charts whatsoever and just left it open. Also, it doesn't make sense to use the weekly sales charts because The weekly sales charts don't really show how well software is selling overall or on a consisent basis. I proved by showing how well each of those games sold in this year.

You should of compared Halo MCC to another game with a similar release date or similar situation. Maybe compared it to another halo. You should of did a week by week sales comparison of Halo MCC to TLOU. The order is a new IP and bloodborne is kinda a new IP. 

I stated: According to VCHartz (1st line of post)

Then went on to list the weeks, and position for those weeks..  I am sorry. It can't be any more clear.. No one said what the weekly charts prove. I did not say what they proved. I stricktly listed the FACTS based on VGChartz. Everything I said was 100% true based on their charts. I did not give it any meaning. Everyone else did. I asked WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT ABOUT IT.   I wasn't comparing to ANYTHING except what I stated in the post. 

"I am curious what people think about this. I for one thing this is proof that Halo 5 will be huge this holiday.   An 8 month old 2014 RE-MASTER is outselling new properties like Bloodborne and Order:1886..  both 2015 titles..   This while having a smaller console base (almost half as much).  I think its also proof that its not really the PS4 exclusives that are pushing sales, but more the price , more power and headstart (in sales lead, not release date)."

No, you skewed data in a way to better fit your agenda. You made this thread to prove that halo 5 will be huge this holiday and that PS4 exclusives don't really push sales but the price, power and headstart with the sales lead does. The data you listed proves nothing. 

Halo 5 will sell well during holidays because it's a numbered halo and MS tries to push console/game sales with good deals/lots of marketing during the holidays. MS will likely bundle halo 5 to push console sales too.

The PS4 sells well for many reasons includiing it's exclusive games. All someone has to to do to counter your opinion is look at the PS4 total software sales charts and total software sales charts for this gen. PS4 exclusives are selling well. Also, the PS4 is not selling well because it sold well.

Aeolus451 said:
cpg716 said:

I stated: According to VCHartz (1st line of post)

Then went on to list the weeks, and position for those weeks..  I am sorry. It can't be any more clear.. No one said what the weekly charts prove. I did not say what they proved. I stricktly listed the FACTS based on VGChartz. Everything I said was 100% true based on their charts. I did not give it any meaning. Everyone else did. I asked WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT ABOUT IT.   I wasn't comparing to ANYTHING except what I stated in the post. 

"I am curious what people think about this. I for one thing this is proof that Halo 5 will be huge this holiday.   An 8 month old 2014 RE-MASTER is outselling new properties like Bloodborne and Order:1886..  both 2015 titles..   This while having a smaller console base (almost half as much).  I think its also proof that its not really the PS4 exclusives that are pushing sales, but more the price , more power and headstart (in sales lead, not release date)."

No, you skewed data in a way to better fit your agenda. You made this thread to prove that halo 5 will be huge this holiday and that PS4 exclusives don't really push sales but the price, power and headstart with the sales lead does. The data you listed proves nothing. 

Halo 5 will sell well during holidays because it's a numbered halo and MS tries to push console/game sales with good deals/lots of marketing during the holidays. MS will likely bundle halo 5 to push console sales too.

The PS4 sells well for many reasons includiing it's exclusive games. All someone has to to do to counter your opinion is look at the PS4 total software sales charts and total software sales charts for this gen. PS4 exclusives are selling well. Also, the PS4 is not selling well because it sold well.

I didn't skew anything . I listed that DATA exactly as its reported on VGChartz.... I asked what people thought of it.. then gave a few thoughts of mine..  I could care less if Halo 5 is big..  I am not even a Halo fan.. and while i did pick of Halo:MCC i have played it maybe 5 minutes..   While Destiny on my PS4 has gotten many hours.  I have never even played Halo 4. But i do think how well Halo:MCC has sold (which now seems to have sold 5 million copies, since Halo series is now at 65 million and it was at 60 right before release as VGChartz reported today)..  made me thought Halo 5 will be huge and be the biggest title for X1 yet..  How is that not logical? 

I also pointed out that the power, price and sales lead is better at helping the PS4 then the EXCLUSIVES that came out in 2015..  Since none of them sold huge.. I think my point is pretty much proven. PS4 exclusives for 2015 are NOT selling big. Again the proof is in the FACTS.. The multi-plats are outselling exclusives by a big margin on the PS4. There has yet to be a HUGE exclusive on either console..  2014 games are selling just as good in 2015 total sales as many Bloodborne and Order.. COD: AW has outsold Order in 2015.. and thats with already selling 5 million in 2014..  GTA5 has outsold Bloodbone in 2015.. with already selling 6 million in 2014..     Yes.. Bloodborne and Order have sold ok.. being at about 1 million or over(1.3 and 950k)..   but not HUGE or BIG by any sense of the words..   Not when other titles on PS4 are selling 4, 5, and 6 million units in their first months..  I know they are new properties.. But if you don't build buzz then.. no reason for making more of them.. Even TLoU has been outsold HUGE by GTA 5, FIFA 15, Battlefield..   I mean.. even the Witcher 3.. WHICH WASNT ON THE PS3 has outsold Bloodborne and Order:1886.     For systems that don't have a huge catalog yet..  you would just think we would see some bigger sales on the new properties.. especially Bloodborne as it reviewed so well.  I mean.. Batman: AK likely outsold Order:1886 YTD in its first week of release alone..   Sorry.. You can't spin this any other way..  

Everyone just needs to STOP assuming everyone is a fanboi and can't have discussions without attacking. Most people read nothing buy my headline and called me a liar, or that I was dreaming.. When I listed the facts as they are told on VGChartz. I am sorry. I don't consider people who are fanboi's as gamers. As true gamers own and play on multiple systems and ENJOY THEM ALL..  (X1, PS4, X360, PS4, Wii, PS Vita, PC)..  I own and play all of these.  Why do we need to pick sides always? I just don't get it. And whenever I stick up for one or the other.. I am called a fanboi.. which is such a joke. People say I am lying that i own and play the other consoles..    really? I don't have better things to do in life..   such a joke.   SMH

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network

How do the mods allow this thread to stay open? A clear, terrible attempt to spin cherry picked weeks into some kind of console war silliness, this thread has no point other then a sad attempt to make something from one side of the console war look better then the other.

What other exclusives has MS releasedd since MCC? X1 owners have nothing else to buy...

cpg716 said:

I didn't skew anything . I listed that DATA exactly as its reported on VGChartz.... I asked what people thought of it.. then gave a few thoughts of mine..  I could care less if Halo 5 is big..  I am not even a Halo fan.. and while i did pick of Halo:MCC i have played it maybe 5 minutes..   While Destiny on my PS4 has gotten many hours.  I have never even played Halo 4. But i do think how well Halo:MCC has sold (which now seems to have sold 5 million copies, since Halo series is now at 65 million and it was at 60 right before release as VGChartz reported today)..  made me thought Halo 5 will be huge and be the biggest title for X1 yet..  How is that not logical? 

I also pointed out that the power, price and sales lead is better at helping the PS4 then the EXCLUSIVES that came out in 2015..  Since none of them sold huge.. I think my point is pretty much proven. PS4 exclusives for 2015 are NOT selling big. Again the proof is in the FACTS.. The multi-plats are outselling exclusives by a big margin on the PS4. There has yet to be a HUGE exclusive on either console..  2014 games are selling just as good in 2015 total sales as many Bloodborne and Order.. COD: AW has outsold Order in 2015.. and thats with already selling 5 million in 2014..  GTA5 has outsold Bloodbone in 2015.. with already selling 6 million in 2014..     Yes.. Bloodborne and Order have sold ok.. being at about 1 million or over(1.3 and 950k)..   but not HUGE or BIG by any sense of the words..   Not when other titles on PS4 are selling 4, 5, and 6 million units in their first months..  I know they are new properties.. But if you don't build buzz then.. no reason for making more of them.. Even TLoU has been outsold HUGE by GTA 5, FIFA 15, Battlefield..   I mean.. even the Witcher 3.. WHICH WASNT ON THE PS3 has outsold Bloodborne and Order:1886.     For systems that don't have a huge catalog yet..  you would just think we would see some bigger sales on the new properties.. especially Bloodborne as it reviewed so well.  I mean.. Batman: AK likely outsold Order:1886 YTD in its first week of release alone..   Sorry.. You can't spin this any other way..  

you're now makeing a very different argument here than your OP.

first it was just about the longevity of sales of PS4s exclusives vs Hale: MCC now you're comparing it to COD and GTA? dude almost no games compete with the sales of those games.

BLoddborn the Order MLB 15 none of those were going to be selling 5 million this year. Bloodborn is niche no matter how loved and well reviewed. The Order might have had a chance if it had been a better game and reviewed as such with some compelling multiplayer as it is it's a rental for most at best, it's short it reviewed poorly and has no real replay value. MLB 15 only ever apealed to the baseball game fans.

Halo:MCC will continue to sell millions over the life of the xbox one. Even after Halo 5.

cpg716 said:

Everyone just needs to STOP assuming everyone is a fanboi and can't have discussions without attacking. Most people read nothing buy my headline and called me a liar, or that I was dreaming.. When I listed the facts as they are told on VGChartz. I am sorry. I don't consider people who are fanboi's as gamers. As true gamers own and play on multiple systems and ENJOY THEM ALL..  (X1, PS4, X360, PS4, Wii, PS Vita, PC)..  I own and play all of these.  Why do we need to pick sides always? I just don't get it. And whenever I stick up for one or the other.. I am called a fanboi.. which is such a joke. People say I am lying that i own and play the other consoles..    really? I don't have better things to do in life..   such a joke.   SMH

Again man I think it was your presentation that was the issue. Nothing you said was incorrect or wrong. It is all in the presentation, not about picking sides and I don't think anyone in here called you a fanboy. Well I know I didn't anyway.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

cpg716 said:
Aeolus451 said:

I don't care what side you're a part of and I read your entire post before I posted the first time. No one called you a fanboy. None of that really matters in this. Big multiplatform games from popular series typically outsell the majority of exclusives on any xbox or playstation console. That's a fact but doesn't prove exclusives don't persaude people to buy certain consoles. The PS4 exclusives that were released this year pushed console sales 

Bloodborne itself pushed the sales of PS4s in the weeks after it's release. You can easily find that yourself. Exclusives of all kinds push console sales. 

I think that your thread was put together very poorly and you were being lazy about sourcing anything or showing more relevant data to your point. 

ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

No it isn't. And the fact that you won't look it up shows that I shouldn't take you seriously.

I don't know how reliable is VGC but if you will use it...

1. inFAMOUS: Second Son 2.28m
2. Killzone: Shadow Fall 2.26m
3. Forza Motorsport 5 1.99m
4. DriveClub 1.69m
5. Knack 1.38m
6. Bloodborne 1.35m
7. The Order: 1886 0.98m
8. Sunset Overdrive 0.83m
9. Kinect Sports Rivals 0.42m

Killzone is MASSIVE undertracked. it sold over 2.1 million by end of 2013...