By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo:MCC still in top 20 worldwide. No PS4 2015 Exclusive is in top 50.

DerNebel said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Does VGChartz track bundles? Never got an answer for this before.

Seems completely random. AC Unity in the Unity bundle seems to be counted for example, Black Flag doesn't look like it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41959/Global/

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (XOne)
Ubisoft, Action
62,213 1,022,897 52

Around the Network

This thread title lol

No PS4 2015 exclusive but MCC is a 2014 game, no?

Not just that you compared a game that had all the year (Jan to Jun) with games released in middle of 2015 with three/four months of sales max.

People call me biased for way less lol

Dadrik said:

You really expected Bloodborne or The Order to outsell Halo ? An almost 15 years old superpopular FPS franchise against a niche RPG and an average at best game ? Yup.

No XBO 2015 exclusive in the Top 50 either.

Both top selling exclusives for each platform are remasters of amazing games, released last year, and both have similar sales ratio, if I'm not calculating too wrong.

So I'd say both consoles are doing pretty much the same in terms of exclusive sales.
But yeah, nonetheless, Halo 5 will so amazing this holiday, no matter what happens. I mean, it's a MASSIVE release.

I don't really get what point you are trying to make here

@bold:

Would you kindly say that to certain members of this site? I would really appreciate it.

Edit: Well not the niche kind I'm thinking of but in a way.

Proud to be a Californian.

It's amazing how MCC perform despite its problems at launch. Halo 5 is helping it no doubt and NO this game is not bundled in every X1.

ethomaz said:

This thread title lol

No PS4 2015 exclusive but MCC is a 2014 game, no?

Not just that you compared a game that had all the year (Jan to Jun) with games released in middle of 2015 with three/four months of sales max.

People call me biased for way less lol

I think you are confused. This is talking about the amount sold in just the weeks of June 2015. A game that is from last year is outselling (weekly number, not the total since release) the ezclusive PS4 games that came out this year.  One would figure more recent games would sell better, since they have been on the market less time... Just like TLoU is also selling better then 2015 titles in June. Yes bundles are a part of it. But the standalone game outsold of Halo:MCC chartered twice as high in June then its bundle did.

Also. I own and play on PS4. I bought Bloodborne and Order:1886 and own TLoU. Also just picked up Batman. In fact I have bought more PS4 games then X1 in 2015.. Point is. No bias here. But I also think you didn't read anything more then the headline before you replied. Since your reply made absolutely no sense to what I was talking about.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network

Wow. And to think people used to try and tell me MLB is a HUUUUUUGE US system seller and software title.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Wow. And to think people used to try and tell me MLB is a HUUUUUUGE US system seller and software title.

They really said that? Wow!

cpg716 said:

I think you are confused. This is talking about the amount sold in just the weeks of June 2015. A game that is from last year is outselling (weekly number, not the total since release) the ezclusive PS4 games that came out this year.  One would figure more recent games would sell better, since they have been on the market less time... Just like TLoU is also selling better then 2015 titles in June. Yes bundles are a part of it. But the standalone game outsold of Halo:MCC chartered twice as high in June then its bundle did.

Also. I own and play on PS4. I bought Bloodborne and Order:1886 and own TLoU. Also just picked up Batman. In fact I have bought more PS4 games then X1 in 2015.. Point is. No bias here. But I also think you didn't read anything more then the headline before you replied. Since your reply made absolutely no sense to what I was talking about.

So he is looking only the last week chartz? That makes it even a worst comparision.

MCC is at #34 in 2015 with 542,945 units sold.

TLOUR is at #47 in 2015 with 452,986 units sold.

100k difference for a game 4 months old... I guess it is fine.

I don't see the point of the thread is making at all.

There's are currently 3 active SKUs in North America that are bundled with the Master Chief Collection. Those being the 500gb black and white consoles and the new 1tb console. They acount for the majority of sales in NA. The Last of Us bundle for Playstation 4 has been discontinued, although there's still a lot in retail channels, so it won't drop off just yet. Looks like the Batman bundle will the main PS4 SKU until the holidays. Master Chief Collection also had a recent price cut at retail.

Burek said:

No XOne 2015 exclusive in top 50 either.....oh wait, there's a good explanation for that.

As I don't closely follow Xb one releases I was going to ask if there had been any 2015 retail releases exclusive to Xb one. I didn't think there had been one because I couldn't think of any, but I thought maybe I'd missed one somewhere along the line.

Not to worry, very soon there will be a Xb one exclusive 2015 release, Gears of War remaster! OMG that means the 2 Xb one exclusives in the top 75 will be remasters, whereas 2 of the 3 PS4 exclusives in the top 75 are new games: Bloodborne (new-ish IP even) and MLB. I wonder why certain people have stopped calling PS4 the Replaystation, possibly something about stones and glass houses.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix