By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo:MCC still in top 20 worldwide. No PS4 2015 Exclusive is in top 50.

Ali_16x said:
cpg716 said:

What are you talking about.. i did count .. That is why its listed. with both worldwide and NA numbers. Its not a 2015 exlusive. So my title still is exactly true and the point was more about how Halo 4 will do.. I said a 2014 PS4 game was outselling the 2015 Ps4 exclusives.. did you even read the whole post, or just the title? 

Wow so why are you only saying that for PS4? Where is Xbx One's 2015 exclusive that is in the top 50? What a truly ridiculous thread.

What does that have anything to do with what I said? How does it invalidate that Halo: MCC is outselling every 2015 PS4 exclsuive. That was the topic here. I talked about TLoU also doing better then any 2015 title, but still not better then Halo:MCC. This with less then 12 million customers, compared to 22 million. Yes. Halo:MCC is also outselling all X1 2015 titles..   doesn't invalidate what I said.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network

for the year though, there are 2 ps4 2015 exclusives in the top 10 with a few more in the top 100, and no xbox one exclusives until MCC at 34 and no others until Foroza Horizon 2 at 90.

cpg716 said:
method114 said:
Are we seriously pretending a one week head start is the reason for the PS4 being ahead? It's the price, power, history of these companies. I personally think the RROD situation affected MS's future sales but it's hard to prove something like that.

No.. Headstart in being the sales leader is what I meant..       Not release..    as many of said.. First to 10 million often wins the generation.. and PS4 was the FIRST to 10 million..   I agree history could have been another reason..    With PlayStation having a better global brand, and Microsoft screwing up the debut of X1... 

ah ok I see what you mean now and I can agree to an extent. MS messed things up so bad at E3 that it was going to take a while to turn things around because first you have to make the changes (which to MS a while) and then you have to start providing more then your opponent to get people back. Then you have to make sure everyone knows that things aren't the same as they were during E3 or whatever their friend told them happened at E3. Then you have to hope those people didn't already get a PS4. MS just made a mess of things this gen and the best they can hope for now is to  win the US.

Maybe it's because it's the only big" exclusive" bundled with every console since christmas ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

BMaker11 said:

MCC is bundled with every XBOne. Your argument is invalid. If TLOU was a disc instead of digital with every PS4, this thread wouldn't even exist.

It is not bundled with every X1 if it was it would have sold 50K more units in the latest charts.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Maybe it's because it's the only big" exclusive" bundled with every console since christmas ?

It's not bundled with every X1 or else it would have sold slighly more copies then X1 consoles in the latest charts.

NobleTeam360 said:
Does VGChartz track bundles? Never got an answer for this before.

Seems completely random. AC Unity in the Unity bundle seems to be counted for example, Black Flag doesn't look like it.

method114 said:
cpg716 said:

No.. Headstart in being the sales leader is what I meant..       Not release..    as many of said.. First to 10 million often wins the generation.. and PS4 was the FIRST to 10 million..   I agree history could have been another reason..    With PlayStation having a better global brand, and Microsoft screwing up the debut of X1... 

ah ok I see what you mean now and I can agree to an extent. MS messed things up so bad at E3 that it was going to take a while to turn things around because first you have to make the changes (which to MS a while) and then you have to start providing more then your opponent to get people back. Then you have to make sure everyone knows that things aren't the same as they were during E3 or whatever their friend told them happened at E3. Then you have to hope those people didn't already get a PS4. MS just made a mess of things this gen and the best they can hope for now is to  win the US.

I also think X1 made the mistake of not beefing up the power. I mean. I know the could not know EXACTLY what PS4 was doing..  But they did know they were going to offer a $499 system. They could have worked with a GPU they knew was capable of pushing out more power, especially since they WANTED Kinect 2 to be a big part of the system (when it used up resources games could use).    Just seems like poor planning.   I am mad at the PS4 in a sense for the same thing. These consles should have been made where 1080p/60FPS was EASY to do on DAY ONE.. EVERY GAME.  Unless both Sony and Microsoft KNEW this was going to be a shorter generation..  The X2 and PS5 will be like PC upgrade mainly..    16GB of RAM/ 4k GPUs..  still able to play older games at lower rez (and better if developers tweak ) but new games will be 4k..

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

cpg716 said:
Ali_16x said:
cpg716 said:

What are you talking about.. i did count .. That is why its listed. with both worldwide and NA numbers. Its not a 2015 exlusive. So my title still is exactly true and the point was more about how Halo 4 will do.. I said a 2014 PS4 game was outselling the 2015 Ps4 exclusives.. did you even read the whole post, or just the title? 

Wow so why are you only saying that for PS4? Where is Xbx One's 2015 exclusive that is in the top 50? What a truly ridiculous thread.

What does that have anything to do with what I said? How does it invalidate that Halo: MCC is outselling every 2015 PS4 exclsuive. That was the topic here. I talked about TLoU also doing better then any 2015 title, but still not better then Halo:MCC. This with less then 12 million customers, compared to 22 million. Yes. Halo:MCC is also outselling all X1 2015 titles..   doesn't invalidate what I said.

Wow.... That's just.... I don't know, you should have an award, or MS should hire you... So much PR stunts in one thread... 

So, we can do almost the exact same thread with "TLOU" instead of "Halo" and "Xbox One" instead of "PS4", you agree? You know, "TLOUR is outselling all X1 2015 titles". "A one year old remaster sell so well, how much will Uncharted 4 do? ".... What's the point of this thread? 

It looks like you just discovered what multiplatforms mean with this generation. Welcome to the new world, where CoD, Battlefront and AC PS4 bundles, DLC and marketing exclusivity matters a lot more than XOne exclusives like Tomb Raider or Forza. We've talked about that for months... 

Cannot say I am surprised personally. Those bundles really did help out the Master Chief Collection sell well.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay