By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japans PS3 Nightmare

a.l.e.x59 said:
If the Playstation 3 is a nightmare in Japan, than the Xbox 360 is armageddon.
Actually, no. the 360 is fine. the 360 is now selling better than the xb on a wk to wk basis at their respective period. That is MS's goal, to surpass themselves and prove that they are a viable publishing platform. With their high attach rate. Higher software sales wk to wk (without new releases) than PS3; they've demonstrated that they can be profitable to publish for. This is the main thing that publishers look at.

Around the Network
cjpierciiw said:
ramberk said:
You know what is the only solution Square has. Its UNSPEAKABLE! Its so crazy to even mention it, it would break the internet in half! But you all obviously know what Square's only solution is in regards to recovering the costs of developing FF13. And they have to do it. And it will completely kill Sony.

Yes they need to do it. If they dont they will pay for their lack of vision with their lack of profits. It would be a very smart business decision for them to do it.

They actualy have four choices:

1. Cut the developement budgett, less graphical work just keep the game somewhat good and push it out. Might still sell some millions WW.
  2. Port it too xbox360, will probarbly hurt Sony in the west but not in Japan.
  3. Scrap the whole project and put it on Wii instead.
  4. Demand money from Sony to keep it exclusive.

Of these four I think 1,2 and 4 is most likely. But I doubt if FF13 sell bad we will see FF14 on PS3.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

auroragb said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Actually, no. the 360 is fine. the 360 is now selling better than the xb on a wk to wk basis at their respective period. That is MS's goal, to surpass themselves and prove that they are a viable publishing platform. With their high attach rate. Higher software sales wk to wk (without new releases) than PS3; they've demonstrated that they can be profitable to publish for. This is the main thing that publishers look at.

I would like to say that xbox360 is armageddon on all markets because they are still loosing to much money on it.

robjoh said:
auroragb said:
a.l.e.x59 said:

I would like to say that xbox360 is armageddon on all markets because they are still loosing to much money on it.

Actually, Sony lost more on PS3 than MS did on 360 last quarter

robjoh said:
cjpierciiw said:
ramberk said:
You know what is the only solution Square has. Its UNSPEAKABLE! Its so crazy to even mention it, it would break the internet in half! But you all obviously know what Square's only solution is in regards to recovering the costs of developing FF13. And they have to do it. And it will completely kill Sony.

Yes they need to do it. If they dont they will pay for their lack of vision with their lack of profits. It would be a very smart business decision for them to do it.

1. Cut the developement budgett, less graphical work just keep the game somewhat good and push it out. Might still sell some millions WW.

Of these four I think 1,2 and 4 is most likely. But I doubt if FF13 sell bad we will see FF14 on PS3.

1. Not gonna happen. They've already shown screen shots of the game. If Square releases a game with average graphics, they will be knocked for it. They have too much pride to release an 'average' looking game.

2. I think its very likely they will port it to the 360.

3. They don't need to scrap the project, besides, its probably too far along. They just need to re-tool it for the Wii. And Square is not gonna stop making FF games cause the PS3 bombed. They'll just switch consoles.

4. Its the only way to keep it exclusive. Sony might tell Square that they don't have to pay any licensing fees for selling the game on the PS3 (if its kept exclusive).

Even if Sony offers Square a great deal for keeping it exclusive, I don't think Square can afford to keep the game a PS3 exclusive. Square has gone through hard financial times in the past-- I don't think they want to repeat that.

And a thing to further consider is that Square really has no incentive (at this point) to be loyal with Sony. If Square continues to create expensive PS3 exclusive games, they'll just be committing financial suicide. The way things look, any company that creates PS3 exclusive games is committing financial suicide.

First DQ went to the DS. What comes next?

The writing is on the wall for Sony. :/

Around the Network

It's even worse when you consider that it isn't outselling the 360 by any significant margin on a weekly basis. That's what's really pathetic.

We're talking about the XBOX brand here.....

In JAPAN....

auroragb said:
robjoh said:
auroragb said:
a.l.e.x59 said:

Actually, Sony lost more on PS3 than MS did on 360 last quarter

Doesn't mean much, they are still losing way to much money. I mean just that another company is losing more doesn't matter that much.

ramberk said:
robjoh said:

1. Not gonna happen. They've already shown screen shots of the game. If Square releases a game with average graphics, they will be knocked for it. They have too much pride to release an 'average' looking game.

2. I think its very likely they will port it to the 360.

3. They don't need to scrap the project, besides, its probably too far along. They just need to re-tool it for the Wii. And Square is not gonna stop making FF games cause the PS3 bombed. They'll just switch consoles.

4. Its the only way to keep it exclusive. Sony might tell Square that they don't have to pay any licensing fees for selling the game on the PS3 (if its kept exclusive).

Even if Sony offers Square a great deal for keeping it exclusive, I don't think Square can afford to keep the game a PS3 exclusive. Square has gone through hard financial times in the past-- I don't think they want to repeat that.

And a thing to further consider is that Square really has no incentive (at this point) to be loyal with Sony. If Square continues to create expensive PS3 exclusive games, they'll just be committing financial suicide. The way things look, any company that creates PS3 exclusive games is committing financial suicide.

First DQ went to the DS. What comes next?

The writing is on the wall for Sony. :/

1. Never said that it would happen, just said that it is a choice
  2. Agree
  3. Don't do a scale down, that is crap
  4. Yes, but I do think that license fee wont be enough.

FF13 won't sell bad, it just won't sell anywhere near what a FF game should and will probably doom Sony's relationship with Square-Enix. Not that it matters, most of everything they're making now-a-days is either a remake or crap.

ya i hope sony f*cks everything up with square...sh!t, im thinking aloud again.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY