By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square has become a Sony 2nd Party this generation

Bristow9091 said:

Thoughts? I like what they're doing, bringing everything to my console of choice, and announcing games I actually want... keep it up Square, you're doing a bloody good job this gen!

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Must be nice to get bailed out in Japan like that. Nintendo usually has to do all the work themselves.

like all the work they put into ps3 is nothing. Ps3 gave them a strong reputation. 

all the work they put into R&D building the most powerful console this gen is nothing. 

Anfebious said:
Square always sucked Sony's dick.

Hah!

OT: Seriously, what I quoted is the only relevant thing.

Namiirei said:
bunchanumbers said:
I really don't think this will revive consoles in Japan. They need to do something crazy and unexpected like Nintendo did with Splatoon. Something like that gets attention and sells consoles.

FF7 remake ?

I just can't see a remake of a decades old game reviving the home console in Japan. Besides it will be 2018 or 2019 by the time that game comes out. By then the grip of mobile will be too powerful and it will end up as a niche game. I don't think it will sell more than 100k in Japan.

NintendoPie said:
Anfebious said:
Square always sucked Sony's dick.

Hah!

OT: Seriously, what I quoted is the only relevant thing.

Not last gen :/

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

PS2 era all over again.

Craziest thing is to know Square Enix will make 80% of PS4 sales in Japan with FF, KH and DQ, they are saving it , there is no doubt it can reach PS3 numbers now with many more system sellers than PS3

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Fusioncode said:

Nintendo has no one but themselves to blame for losing Dragon Quest. 

How so?

NintendoPie said:
Fusioncode said:

Nintendo has no one but themselves to blame for losing Dragon Quest. 

How so?

Pretty much every JRPG they released was multiplat. And Dragon Quest moved from PS2 to DS exclusively. Sony lost their best friend that gen. Now they have them back. 

Fusioncode said:

Pretty much every JRPG they released was multiplat. And Dragon Quest moved from PS2 to DS exclusively. Sony lost their best friend that gen. Now they have them back. 

I wouldn't count that as an answer. You said Nintendo is to blame for losing DQ, how are they to blame? I know the history.

NintendoPie said:
Fusioncode said:

I wouldn't count that as an answer. You said Nintendo is to blame for losing DQ, how are they to blame? I know the history.

Sony was to blame for losing Dragon Quest last gen.

Nintendo is to blame for losing Dragon Quest this gen.

Hey wait a minute, I think you're fucking with me. I refuse to take your bait good sir. I'm off to go stare at my Vita and wish I had something to play on it.