By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo of America has dropped Plans For US Release of Devil's Third

Kresnik said:
Skullwaker said:

That's a bit of a stretch.

You reckon?  I don't remember SCEA actively skipping any games which released in Europe so far.

They have absolutely 0 interest in the thing, but they're not purposefully holding anything back either.

It' not like Sony is publishing all the third party stuff they get on the Vita.

Around the Network

Wow this is like NOE before the Wii, EU had to put up with 2 and a half decades of this crap, feel bad for NA players.

Roronaa_chan said:
Was it ever confirmed FFV was indeed going to be digital-only (rumour back then?) release? It's like Nintendo likes taking a deuce on the few Wii U games I actually want to play. It's like they're getting on their knees begging me to not buy their next console

Hasn't been confirmed, but they did make a comment not too long ago that they want to provide a retail option for their games. I don't imagine they'll make a 16GB game digital-only, but who knows.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I honestly never saw the appeal. I always thought this was going to be a train wreck.

Then again, NOA did give us Sonic Boom....

Kresnik said:

Rofl.  That's hilariously awful.

That aside, I'm sure quality isn't the reason.  Wonder what the real reason is.

It's pretty amusing that NoA seem to sabotage the WiiU as much as SCEA do the Vita.

FloatingWaffles said:
It's not like people were going to buy it anyway. Every other third party game on the Wii U didn't sell well, why would this one be any different.

Well, it's about as third party as Wonderful 101, which was a complete sales disaster but not as much as a disaster as it would have been were it WiiU exclusive but not published by Nintendo (I'm convinced that logo on the box alone pushes quite a few extra sales).

Well yeah that is true. I forgot Nitnendo picked up this game and is publishing it when I wrote that comment. It sucks that the game might not get a US release whatsoever, but at the same time I don't see it selling well even if it has the Nintendo logo on the box or not. 

Around the Network

That's too bad.

So many promising concepts that appear to have stuttered.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Protendo said:
I honestly never saw the appeal. I always thought this was going to be a train wreck.

No, they didn't. Why does everyone keep saying this?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I guess we'll see how good or bad the game is but if it's a decent game, couldn't sony or ms pay for a port or is it exclusive?

I wish I could support the call for Reggie's head, but this game indeed looks uninteresting and... "not good."

But still, screw NoA. For several reasons!

Protendo said:

that was Sega though that is like blaming Sony or Microsoft for Ride to Hell just because they let a third party publisher released on their platform.