By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon explained

walsufnir said:
SvennoJ said:

I wonder if this game got any inspiration from Drakan. I always wanted a spiritual successor of that

The memories...

Yeah Drakan was great . It was one of my first PC games , ah the nostalgia .

Around the Network
vivster said:
Aeolus451 said:

Huh? How so?

Witcher: Big fantasy open world RPG on PC. No archery.

Horizon: Big fantasy open world RPG with archery. No PC.

Seriously, this is cyber mobbing.

Witcher has a crossbow...

FizzoFox said:
i really can't wait

what i do wonder is does this game have a story with a main character or do you make one yourself?

god i hope it has a main character.  Stories tend to be much more organic that way.  A good character and story, plus all the other stuff they just mentionted, and i'm prepared to be blown away by this game.

Scoobes said:
vivster said:

Witcher: Big fantasy open world RPG on PC. No archery.

Horizon: Big fantasy open world RPG with archery. No PC.

Seriously, this is cyber mobbing.

Witcher has a crossbow...

A crossbow is as much archery as a gun is a frisbee.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sounds sweat. My main gripe with the Witcher 3 is that you're pretty much forced to play a warrior in the begining and maybe warrior+ as you get deeper into the game. I prefer stealth and I love archery.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Sounds like Zelda

This game gets more and more interesting the more I read about it!
The similarities to games like The Witcher and Shadow of Mordor or even Fallout: New Vegas are probably because John Gonzalez, the narrative designer and general writer for all of those titles has been working at Guerrilla Games since September 2013 as the lead Writer, so he joined the studio around when the big Team of developers.

Apparently in a behind closed doors session reporters were shown a market area, with dog like machines being kept as pets.
I'm hoping there are horse machine, so that you can tame them and use them to traverse the fields a bit faster.
I imagine there's a tonne of scope for different machine life, maybe with Mammoths, Bears and even Sabertooth Tigers.
I think the kind of beast will depend on the needs of the machines and each one's purpose within the ecosystem.

I don't think The Machines should be seen as an enemy, more like they're just another life form, like any bird, fish.
Mostly they're probably quite skittish and will run away if they see a person.
Of course something like a Lion will attack you as it would prey, if it was hungry, otherwise it would probably try to avoid you, which is why I think Aloy approaches the herd the way she does in the demo, because she's trying to make sure they don't get away.

This game should have a very deep move set, with evolving options for players.
I can't wait to see more.

Guerrilla seem to be going into force on the marketing of this game already, I think it will come in the 1st half of 2016, their last 2 games were announced only 9 months before they came out, so I wouldn't be shocked if this actually released in May and Uncharted got brought forward to Feb.
Both games are running really well and much better than Bloodborne was when shown behind closed doors and also better than The Order 1886 was at this point last year.

This is actually shaping up to be a potentially massive title if they do things right. Let's just hope they do things right...

SvennoJ said:

I wonder if this game got any inspiration from Drakan. I always wanted a spiritual successor of that

Damnit why do you bring up Draken? Now you just make me miss it all over again! It's not a spiritual successor we need, it's an actual sequel. Or dare I say it, a remake. I'd buy it again. Damn I loved beating up monster with the Chicken.

But holy hell! I thought the graphics for Draken were quite good, back in the day.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

HollyGamer said:
Headshot said:

Well that plus the character movement and the way she fires her bow with a similar aiming mechanic to that in SOM and the world seems similar in aesthetic to the second area in SOM. I wonder if you'll be able to ride any of the robodinos

I hope so, from the early art pic it shows some npc mounted the dino, i guess we can

Lol! I bet people thought they'd be playing as the hooded dude riding the dino, not the redhead girl shooting the bow and arrow.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix