By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon explained

fatslob-:O said:
HoloDust said:

Of course there is:

“In Japan, the giant monster hunting action genre seems to be popular, so if people ask us whether we’ve been influenced by a particular title, I tell them frankly that we’ve gotten inspiration from Monster Hunter.”

And crossbow is, of course, Katniss.

He sees that as a negative and I would too ...

Personally speaking though I'm not feeling this game the same way you are and much like it, I'd prefer the protagonist to be silent ... 

Yeah, as I said in some other thread, I see this game as mishmash of various things, and none of those things is something I really like.

Which is completely fine, and I wouldn't care at all, nor post anything about it (like I don't for gazillion other games), if I wasn't under the impression that Sony is waisting money, about the same impression I had when Order was first revealed.

Well, maybe not that bad, this will have some success, but I honestly think they should've picked something else for better ROI.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
fatslob-:O said:

He sees that as a negative and I would too ...

Personally speaking though I'm not feeling this game the same way you are and much like it, I'd prefer the protagonist to be silent ... 

Yeah, as I said in some other thread, I see this game as mishmash of various things, and none of those things is something I really like.

Which is completely fine, and I wouldn't care at all, nor post anything about it (like I don't for gazillion other games), if I wasn't under the impression that Sony is waisting money, about the same impression I had when Order was first revealed.

Well, maybe not that bad, this will have some success, but I honestly think they should've picked something else for better ROI.

As long as they don't fuck the game up this will have a very, very healthy ROI.

Namiirei said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
So they live in a world with robo dinos, and they're most advanced weapons are explosive arrows? How did they survive?

they didn't survive. Most of humans were killed, and others probably hide into caverns.

I'm pretty sure caverns wouldn't hide you from Robo Dino with thermal vision.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Teeqoz said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Yes, but these are Robo Dinos. They probably have thermal vision and stuff!

If you hide in caves, or you use materials cleverly you can hide from thermal vision.

What basic materials can block thermal vision?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Teeqoz said:

If you hide in caves, or you use materials cleverly you can hide from thermal vision.

Depends on what you mean buy basic. Glass can block thermal imaging sensors for example. But if you have a thinck enough shield of anything your termal signature wouldn't be visible. If I'm hiding behind 3 feet thick stone walls, you can't see me using thermal vision, not to mention if you live deep in a cave with dozens of feet of stone between you and the outside. Thermal imaging also wouldn't be too effective in warm places.

So to answer your question, stone can easily block thermal imaging sensors. You're also forgetting that these big dinos (I assume they are the dangerous predators? The antilopes didn't seem keen on fighting....) are big, so you can hide in places where they can't get.

And once again, a cave would be more than sufficient to block thermal vision.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Aeolus451 said:

Huh? How so?

Witcher: Big fantasy open world RPG on PC. No archery.

Horizon: Big fantasy open world RPG with archery. No PC.

Seriously, this is cyber mobbing.

I take it that you really like archery in RPGs and playing on PC? Hmmm. I liked the archery in Dragon's dogma even if some of the skills were very unrealistic.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Teeqoz said:

Water, snow, rocks, trees, mud or just about any solid material can block it. 

Perk system sounds 3 tiered and kind of generic but that doesn't mean it can't be good. Hopefully I'll be finishing up Fallout 4 around the time this comes out.

What could those "social features" be? Sharing of customized items or just some high scores and ranking?

Don't copy random editorials.

Fighting styles roughly break down into three types:

"There’s one that’s very much focused on stealth, one that’s focused on firepower, one that’s focused on setting traps and hunting.

Rogue, Tank and Support. I know the game will focus on single player, but wouldn't that make and awesome multiplayer setup?