By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will You Be Angry If NX Is Only Moderately More Powerful Than Wii U?

No not really, the power of a console doesn't matter so much to me as the features and Nintendo's ability to put out software at a consistent rate. If Nintendo is still slow at releasing games and continues its backward stance on online connectivity and social features (party making, voice chat, achievements, account-bound purchases, etc.) then I'll be pretty upset.

Around the Network

most didnt care about wii being a little more powerfull than GC.

Only if it is a console. If it is a handheld I'm perfectly fine with it

If its cheap and has great and diversief games no
Please ninti make great launch games that are interesting not the same mario games again
Make a great looking 3d mario please for launch and dont forget 3rd parties this time

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

If the NX is a handheld/fusion, I'd be positively surprised really. I'm actually expecting it to be on par with PS Vita.

If it's just a home console then i'd be upset but expected since it's Nintendo.

Around the Network

Depends on how expensive it is.

Anyway, i wont be angry since i have no more Wii U, i'll jsut think it's disgusting for those who still have one, give up like that to make an other console and forget your other buyers...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Wyrdness said:

A lot of people here are looking at it as solely a console if it was like what the OP suggests a handheld/console hybrid that jump may not be big for a console but is huge for a portable.

But if NX replaces the WiiU, it is fair to compare it to WiiU. And as someone who doesn't play on handhelds, that's the kind of comparison I'm going to make.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

It would have to have some groundbreaking features and allow for a huge software lineup of big titles. One gen behind was hard enough, but two gens behind would have to actually be for something. (I'm sorry, but I don't want another system filled with 2D platformers.)

JEMC said:

But if NX replaces the WiiU, it is fair to compare it to WiiU. And as someone who doesn't play on handhelds, that's the kind of comparison I'm going to make.

Not really because under the scenario the OP has put forward the new platform will have access to games you'd never get on console or Wii U for a matter, for a start a HD pokemon game which would be a massive jump over the previous games in the series, it's not just a jump for a single sector of the market it's a jump for multiple sides of it. Simply comparing it only to the Wii U solely would be a flawed way to look at the platform if it was a hybrid system as it's covering multiple angles, the competition in the console sector may be hot but as a portable the's only Vita standing in their way.

3DS for example gets games like Kingdom Hearts, Bravely Default, DQVII Remake,  MH Series, SMT IV etc... from third parties, these are games that would only ever hit a portable Nintendo platform for most part as they dominate that side of the market so a HD platform for follow ups to these is still very significant as I doubt anyone here would skip such games just because the platform is only marginally more powerful then the Wii U, all first party games would be on one platform as well.