By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will You Be Angry If NX Is Only Moderately More Powerful Than Wii U?

I will be angry only because I know what it'll mean for them... which is again, no third party support. I want Nintendo to hang around for awhile and I don't think they can survive another console without third party support.

Around the Network

id be angry because it would mean end of Nintendo and of to join Sega.

Depends in what the NX is. If it's a handheld, then fine. If it's their next home console and it's not even Ps4 level, like the rumos suggest it better be cheap for my nintendo fix.
If it's both.....well, it better be cheap...

I won't be angry, but I'll be a little dissappointed.

I would be fine with it because I don't believe it to be a successor I think it is just a Nintendo system that can play both wii u and 3ds games wherever you want.

why do they need to release a console if it is still weak. and gamers would complain and compare the port versions if NX has those 3rd party games. and it won't sell that much either due to being ported on a weak console.

i won't be angry, but it won't buy NX in its 2-3 years cycle. wait for price drops and good game library to interest me.

Around the Network
SuperNova said:

Depends in what the NX is. If it's a handheld, then fine. If it's their next home console and it's not even Ps4 level, like the rumos suggest it better be cheap for my nintendo fix.
If it's both.....well, it better be cheap...

I won't be angry, but I'll be a little dissappointed.

From OP:

"Would you be angry if NX is basically about as powerful as a Wii U, but has the functionality of a portable while also being able to stream to the TV and act as a porta-console?"

Maybe mildly disappointed, but not necessarily. I want to see the features first and more importantly, the launch games and support. I don't mind the Wii U being underpowered as long as its maximized for the best gaming experience, which Nintendo has done. I want NX to simply be powerful enough that 3rd parties want to make games for it.

Now if it's released and there are severe game droughts, nonexistent third party support, and lack of marketing, THEN I'll be disappointed and downright pissed.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

I would be not angry but disappointment if device like that would have price $300 or more, but if would have price around $250 or even $200 I think it would be interesting.

About power of hardware, we all know that CPU is weakest part of Wii U hardware, so more capable and simpler CPU is very likely, probably ARM 4-6 core CPU. Ram is pretty cheap, so we can easily get 4GB instead 2GB on Wii U. And probably more modern a some more capable Wii U GPU. I think hardware like that would be enough for Nintendo games in 1080p, we already have some Nintendo games in 1080p on Wii U.

Of course I would be upset if NX wasn't significantly more powerful than Wii U.

In the event that the games released lack creativity and memorable gameplay, it is imperative that we are given something to remember them by. And although graphics may look dated in the future, they do serve as one the most convenient distractors (along with achievements and unreasonably high amounts of unlockable- and downloadable content) from an otherwise plain and unimpressive gaming experience.

Sony and Microsoft realizes this. They know what video game developers and consumers alike want, yet Nintendo for some reason does not seem to understand or care. Because of this I shall remain skeptic and keep my expectations low until Nintendo has proven that they have learned from their mistakes.

Let's say that Sony would be quite happy...