By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - With how amazing the PS4 is doing, can it best the DS total sales in America?

Ryng_Tolu said:
Not really, i predicted 140-160 million, but i hoped for 170m.

Anyway, this was 2014. My first year of prediction, the thing are reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally change.

Ah, okay. 

I'm sure your prediction for the Wii was massive as well.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Not really, i predicted 140-160 million, but i hoped for 170m.

Anyway, this was 2014. My first year of prediction, the thing are reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally change.

Ah, okay. 

I'm sure your prediction for the Wii was massive as well.

I never predicted Wii sales because i starting to enjoy prediction by end of 2013. :D

Ryng_Tolu said:
I never predicted Wii sales because i starting to enjoy prediction by end of 2013. :D

That's probably for the best, wouldn't you say?

Otherwise I imagine we would've gotten 200m Wii and 250m DS predictions out of you. ;) Just kidding, of course

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Highly unlikely

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

BraLoD said:

I think consistence is the word, not worse legs (legs actually only happen after the console cycle ends, and this gen we had amazing launches, record breaking numbers, it's just natural it won't increase as much in the run, as it's already high to begin with.

I won't go for a yoy, as I don't know how will manage their games in which year, but the XBO will be selling around 30/ 30M+ and the PS4 around 40/ 40M+ plus, depending on how their effect each other, but combined it should be going over 70M when everything is done.

That's wrong. For make a good prediction, the YOY sales are really important.

Extrame example: I can predict Wii U at 50 million lifetime. Is easy withouth the YOY sales. But if we write the YOY sales, only a insane can believe Wii U at 50 million.

The same for all console.

I don't see XBO to break 30 million just because i believe XBO will peak the year in 2015, and will saturate the market in 2017 or so... i already write the reason. The hype for XBO is dropped, and by a lot, if with those promotion and this price is barery above last year. I mean...

Seriusly, if XBO was still at 500$ and withouth the GameStop and Amazon promotion, what the hell was selling now!? Wii U level in the US? PSVita level globally?

:-|

Also, about the PS4, is currently down YOY. not only, it is selling less than PS3 in the same period:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=202511&page=1#

But as i said, the PS4 is more reasonable, because is still at 400$ and bla bla bla ecc...

40 million for PS4 is still too much for me. Those are the 360 and Wii level... and in both case, i don't see happening.

Wii: because the strong firsts yearly sales, 500k all NPD in 2008.

360: because the massive legs, and 300k all NPD in 2011.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
VGPolyglot said:
It's still amazing to me that the Wii and DS couldn't surpass the PS2.

Well the DS did surpass it in America and Japan. The disc format really helped it in other areas and it seems, in Europe barely. Nintendo dropped support and did and still does not push hard into "other" areas. That is also why the title is only asking about America.

It's not a good comparison though since it's a handheld. I now a lot of households who hade multiple DS systems because of the kids.

No but you already knew that.

spurgeonryan said:
Platina said:
Highly unlikely

Are you saying this as a Nintendo supporter or without bias?

Erm, I will have bias when it comes to predictions.. Just saying, most of my guesses are, well, guesses so I could be wrong

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Not gonna happen

Not a chance in hell.
I think matching the PlayStation 1's numbers in the North America is a more likely goal.