By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - With how amazing the PS4 is doing, can it best the DS total sales in America?

BraLoD said:
Hardly, 'cause the XBO also sell well there.
The most surprusing sales thr PS2 has is in RoW, it doubles anything else at least and I would love to see PS4 growing there to be the global beast the PS2 was.

PS4 + XBO < DS lifetime in the US

Around the Network

Nah brah.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

BraLoD said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

PS4 + XBO < DS lifetime in the US

Hahaha, just no.

Hohoho, Just yes.

PS4 will sell under 35 million.

XBO will sell under 22 million.

You guys overtestimate the legs of those console. ( expecially XBO )

BraLoD said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Hohoho, Just yes.

Lol yeah, the XBO will do less than te PS3.

It's already around 7.5, and close to the PS4.

I'm sorry, but it simply won't happen.

Surprise: The Nintendo 64 has sold more than the XBO in the US.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=199594

And what is the 64 lifetime sales? above 18 million... for not even talk about WW, the gap is around +2 million.

that's what gonna to happen for the Bone, the 360 legs are just a dream.

Kyuu said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
BraLoD said:

Hahaha, just no.

Hohoho, Just yes.

Aren't you the same Tolu who predicted 170mil PS4 lifetime sales? :P

Yes, and i learned the lesson. ;D

Around the Network

From a price perspective, the comparison is kinda flawed tbh. At the DS price, it would have a chance though.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

DS is not a home console. It's a completely different product. So it wouldn't matter.

The real question is, can it beat the PS2.

Ryng_Tolu said:

...Did you really predict 170m for PS4?

Ryng, wtf?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

BraLoD said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Surprise: The Nintendo 64 has sold more than the XBO in the US.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=199594

And what is the 64 lifetime sales? above 18 million... for not even talk about WW, the gap is around +2 million.

that's what gonna to happen for the Bone, the 360 legs are just a dream.

I don't know what does the 64 has to do with it, but a dream, right now, is your expectations of the XBO dropping like a rock in it's best region, with no signs of that happening, right now, and if does happen it'll mist likely be because of the PS4 huge suddenly sucess ther storming it, what would throw it around the 50M.

In any case, if no major outside force drastically chance the envyronment there, as another system appearing and esting a llot of their sales, or a econimic crisis or some other kind of tragedy happens, there is no way the DS will outsell both combined there.

You said "lol yeah, XBO will sell less than PS3. It's already around 7.5, and close to the PS4. "

And i cited the N64 because EVEN the N64 was above PS3. By a huge margin. A bigger margin than XBO. But the N64 sales are dropped like a rock, and then, with the amazing 7gen legs, PS3 has sold more lifeftime.

I don't say the XBO dropped will be hardly like the N64, because if will, then XBO will sell less than 18m lifetime, but i believe One will be at 20-22 million.

Any way, yes, not as N64, but i expect a huge dropped for XBO in the nexts years, and the 2015, the peak year, will be nearly equal to the 2014.

2013: 1,800,000
2014: 4,400,000
2015: 4,800,000
2016: 4,000,000
2017: 3,000,000
2018: 1,500,000 XBT year
2019-2020: another 1 million

Now, why i expect this huge dropped?

FIRST REASON

Easy, is just the generation. What i mean? This generation the legs of the console are not strong like the other console. And is fact.

Example:

DS: what sold DS first year? around 2.6 million... and the second year? OVER 5 MILLION. That's a huge nearly 100% increase. and is continued to increase, and increase, and increase in 2007, then 2008, then 2009... and at the end DS was selling for 500-700k all NPD and over 5 million in Nov+Dec.

Wii: how much sold first year? 6.3 million. and in the second year? 10.2 million. that's another huge 60% increase.

Now, see:

3DS: First year 4.1 million, second year 3.65 million, third year 3.85 million, fourth year 2.5 million.

PEACK IN THE FIRST YEAR? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

Wii U: first year: 1.23 million, second year 1.57 million. 27% increase YOY, with Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros... when the Wii for a comparation was increase by 60%...

In short, this gen is difference compared to last gen. The first year is way, WAY more important. Is not always peak year, but is a very important year, one of the bigger, and usually is hard did MUCH better.

SECOND (THE MOST IMPORTANT)

XBOX ONE. is costing 350$. Last year was selling for 500$. AND ACTUALLY THE INCREASE IS JUST 9%!!!!!!!!!!!!

2014: 902,000

2015: 987,000

A 150$ pricedrop just moved 9% more console? and if XBO was selling at 400$ (still 100$ pricedrop) was even DOWN YOY!!!!! But not only.

We have in 2015 some promotion like:

Amazon promotion: XBO + 3 games + 2 controller at 350$

GameStop promot: Buy your PS3/360 for buy a XBO at 175$

And even with this promotion, and the official 150$ pricedrop, the sales are barely over than last year... that's why i expect a huge dropped, because the XBO hype is seriusly gone if in 2015 with this price and promotion is selling only 9% better than last year, which was selling for 500$...

Many people think that another pricedrop will be huge. How? How if a 150$ is nearly nothing?

The XBO is going to saturate the market very soon with this trend... also, 2014 holidays was insane. I think this holidays will do just a but better or even worse.

This time XBO has Halo, ok. But has not Call of Duty. has not Assassin's Creed bundle. And Sony this time is more aggressive than last year.

Hope you understand why i believe XBO will have a hardly dropped in the nexts years, not at the N64 level, but still, XBO is not going to sell 30 million in the US.

For the PS4 the situation is difference, even the PS4 has some good promotion, but the official price is still 400$ and Sony console has usually better legs.

I also think PS5 will release one year after XB2, so, PS4 will have one year of vantage.

That's why i think the gap will be around 1.5:1 lifetime, by the last year of this gen, PS4 will increase the gap with the XBO by a lot.

Hope you understand what i think. Well, is my prediction, i can be wrong. But i'm curius, and you already know what is my next answer.

What is you YOY prediction for both PS4 and XBO?

Skullwaker said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

...Did you really predict 170m for PS4?

Ryng, wtf?

Not really, i predicted 140-160 million, but i hoped for 170m.

Anyway, this was 2014. My first year of prediction, the thing are reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally change.