By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, you don't like MP: Federation Force? Blame Zelda fans

We Zelda fans are

terrible, stop buying everything 16 23.19%

bad people, we should ask for real games 8 11.59%

weak spirits, we get exci... 23 33.33%

deku scrubs, deku scrubs 22 31.88%

Total:69

Yes. We Zelda fans are the only ones to blame. We are the evil ones the send the wrong message. I, admit, am part of the problem.

These are all the Zelda games released this gen for both 3DS and Wii U:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - June 2011
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U) - September 2013
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - November 2013
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) - August 2014
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS) - February 2015
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (3DS) - Fall 2015
Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS) - 2016
New The Legend of Zelda game (Wii U?) - 2016?

And let's see every one of them:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - June 2011 - SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH AND POST LAUNCH SALES, HIGHLY RATED (Bought)

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U) - September 2013 - 1.5M ON WII U. ON WII U! THE GAME WAS NOT ONLY A PORT, BUT NOT A COMPLETE REMAKE. IT WAS MADE IN 6 MONTHS. WASTED TIME. HARDWARE SALES BUMP BECAUSE THE LIMITED EDITION, THE SAME CONSOLE WITH ONLY A RANDOM SMALL DRAW (Bought, but only the game)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - November 2013 - 2.0M, NOT VERY GOOD, BUT HIGHLY RATED AROUND THE FANS, ALTHOUGHT IT IS A CLEAR COPY TO A LINK TO THE PAST FORMULA, OVERWORLD AND MECHANICS (Bought)

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) - August 2014 - A SPIN OFF THAT FANS SWEAR NINTENDO DIDN'T DEVELOPED, BUT AONUMA ALREADY ADMITED THEY INVESTED TIME ON IT HELPING TECMO (Bought)

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS) - February 2015 - ANOTHER REMAKE THAT TOOK 4 YEARS TO DEVELOP MAKING BOOSS BATTLES LESS FUN AND ADDING A USELESS FISHING POUND. WOO! (Bought)

The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (3DS) - Fall 2015 - ANOTHER SPIN-OFF REUSING ASSETS FROM A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS. SOME FANS ARE EXCITED. AS LONG AS THEY KEEP BUYING, THIS IS THE ONLY THING WE ARE GETTING. NOT PLANNING ON BUYING. I DON'T WANT TO SEND THE WRONG MESSAGE ANYMORE.

Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS) - 2016 - A PORT OF THE 2014 SPIN-OFF ON WII U WITH NEW CONTENT.

New The Legend of Zelda game (Wii U?) - 2016? - ZERO INFO. ZERO SUBTITLE. ZERO RELEASE DATE. ONLY A 40 SECODS TEASER AND A 3 MINUTES OFF SCREEN FOOTAGE OF AN EMPTY WORLD. YET, THIS GAME IS STILL HIGHLY ANTICIPATED BY MANY FANS.

As you can see, we suck everything about Zelda, including me. There's nothing wrong with Nintendo because we are the problem.

If we Zelda fans are happy with an overload of remakes and spin-offs, Metroid fans should be grateful with Federation Force.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Didn't read the OP, but assuming that your point is that Zelda fans literally buy anything as soon as it has a Zelda paintcoat I'd say that I agree.

DerNebel said:
Didn't read the OP, but assuming that your point is that Zelda fans literally buy anything as soon as it has a Zelda paintcoat I'd say that I agree.

Yes, that's my main point.

Except the reason people are mad about Federation Force is that it's a spinoff when we haven't had any mainline game in 5 years, while Zelda we just got one less than 2 years ago along with remakes/spinoffs to fill the gaps leading up to Zelda U.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Except the reason people are mad about Federation Force is that it's a spinoff when we haven't had any mainline game in 5 years, while Zelda we just got one less than 2 years ago along with remakes/spinoffs to fill the gaps leading up to Zelda U.

Except the last real new Zelda game was released in 2011 as ALBW shared a lot of content from ALTTP, starting with the formula.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

If we Zelda fans are happy with an overload of remakes and spin-offs, Metroid fans should be grateful with Federation Force.

I'm certainly not happy with Zelda remakes and spin-offs, not sure why some fans love the idea of spending 250 dollars in Zelda content for two years. 

And as Skullwaker says, at least Zelda enjoys main releases in the short span, whereas Metroid has struggled to offer something amazing since Corruption. Not saying that Other M is mediocre, is decent, but since its story sucks and the gameplay doesn't match with Metroid, I don't like it much. 

As for Federation Force, I think it's going to be a sub-par FPS. If I wanted to play one, I'd rather play Destiny, seriously. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Pavolink said:
Except the last real new Zelda game was released in 2011 as ALBW shared a lot of content from ALTTP, starting with the formula.

A Link Between Worlds is a new game, whether you like it or not.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Pavolink said:
Skullwaker said:

Does it really matter? The game also uses totally new assests, a new cast, new gameplay features and a new story. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Skullwaker said:
Pavolink said:

A Link Between Worlds is a new game, whether you like it or not.

And it shared a lot of content from a game 20 years released ago. AS much as the fanbase gets mad, this games is nothing original.

Skullwaker said:

Yeah, pretty much this.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."