By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry: Can Halo 5 deliver on its 60fps promise?

FIT_Gamer said:
daredevil.shark said:
Makes me wonder how come people expect 4k in next gen.

The only time i've ever heard any one mention 4k gaming on current gen its a few deluded Xbox players. Most of us know that isn't going to happen on either console. As far as the article goes, i don't think they'll have issues getting the MP to a solid 60fps, SP they might just end up dropping to 30fps if it's too much of a hassle. Also are they saying the E3 demo ran below 720p at certain points?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=205462 it's not even close to just being Xbox players. 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:
No one rustled my jimmies just pointing out an observation. Classy or not for those that think they will get 4k gaming on these consoles on any games that aren't Atari quality are deluded.

Perhaps they believe in the power of the cloud ;)

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

FIT_Gamer said:
The only time i've ever heard any one mention 4k gaming on current gen its a few deluded Xbox players. Most of us know that isn't going to happen on either console. As far as the article goes, i don't think they'll have issues getting the MP to a solid 60fps, SP they might just end up dropping to 30fps if it's too much of a hassle. Also are they saying the E3 demo ran below 720p at certain points?

Wasn't there a thread on here like a week ago by a PS fan predicting the PS5 would run 4k?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Wasn't there a thread on here like a week ago by a PS fan predicting the PS5 would run 4k?

The PS5 isn't current gen :p On that note though, I don't personally think 4k will be the standard next-gen. I can see it being supported, and some games making use of it, but nothing much passed that. It would result in the graphical/tech jump being relatively small, while only benefiting those who actually own a 4k TV.

Zekkyou said:
The PS5 isn't current gen :p

Right. Misread the post.

In that case, I think I saw someone asking if a revised PS4 that could do 4k was possible, but aside from that I haven't seen anyone mention it.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
kinisking said:
FIT_Gamer said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=205462 it's not even close to just being Xbox players. 

FIT_Gamer was talking about this gen

Skullwaker said:
Zekkyou said:
The PS5 isn't current gen :p

Right. Misread the post.

In that case, I think I saw someone asking if a revised PS4 that could do 4k was possible, but aside from that I haven't seen anyone mention it.

That would depend on how 'revised' we're talking. A bridge version (power between the PS4 and PS5) would likely be able to handle 4k with many of the PS4's present 1080p titles, but that's a pretty significant upgrade.

It's funny since Halo 5 isn't even that good looking of a game.

All I care about is if the game is good... and that goes for all three systems. Is it good? Yes? No? That's all that matters to me.

Miguel_Zorro said:
MikeRox said:

is it possible to have a TV not run at 60fps now?

I bought it 6 years ago, it's 1080p, but 60FPS was more of a higher end option at the time.  I actually prefer the viewing experience with the lower framerate.  60 is ok for me, but if I watch 120FPS it just looks weird to me.

Oh you are referring to hz, rather than fps. Your TV will be able to run 60fps. The only ones that can't are European sets that are only 50hz rather than 60hz (their maximum is 50fps which was the PAL standard). Even CRT TVs could handle 60fps :)

NES/SNES games etc were generally 60fps. It was when we went 3D that the frame rates took a hammering on home consoles.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.