By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry: Can Halo 5 deliver on its 60fps promise?

Dark_Feanor said:

Ok, what is your point?

I supose is similar to that far way 2013 when likes of Thuway  words were considered gospel. Thus the XOne were to be a technical and enginer disaster with games running poorly and lots of bugs.

Is your point that Halo 5 developent is a mess and the game is in an unplayable state and would be until release?  Just because a feature that few people use nowerdays was cutted.

However when I show you some evidence that not everthing works perfectly with other developers you simplely ignore. Why?

This situation happens with every develorper. Halo 2 had the entire last quarte of the campain reworked a few months before launch. They cutted a entire level at the Moon and  veicles were removed.

See this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_y3cbIV-Xg

There is nothing of this level in the final game.

You don't have any evidence... that is why.

And where I said what you are claiming in bold? lol lol lol

What Halo 2 have to do with that? Or Uncharted? Or Destiny?

And Xbone launch was a technical disaster... did you forget? Games ran poorly and keys features of OS were buggy and a mess... just look at the change log to see how MS needed to works in everything (even remade features like Party Chat for example).

That is your problema you try to counter facts with especulatiosn or things created on your mind... you don't have a point to start to discuss anything here.

Around the Network

If Microsoft gives it dedicated servers and its connected to the cloud, they can do it.

ethomaz said:

Halo waypoint has the same threads talking how they dropped the feature confirmed before...

So no... I'm just spreading facts from the own devs... they confirmed, they dropped and they explained why... if you don't believe them it is your problem, not mine... they were clear about the performance compromissing the feature.

You blantantly have lied about them "promising and confirming a lot of times splitscreen in halo 5" and all you have is two tweets from one dev to show for it and I'm still waiting for the proof that it was confirmed at E3 2014 or was that a lie too? Then you blatantly lied about why people are angry that splitscreen has been axed when it isn't over those tweets which are basically the only sort of suggestion it would have been in the game and i'll reiterate my point that these were before the beta and he changed the wording to "plan" two weeks later. This is hardly confirmation and promise that split screen will definitely be in the game. The devs have not confessed to lying about splitscreen being confirmed to be in the game and Frankie argued against them lying in a post you linked me at the start so what are you talking about? I'm too believe Frankie that it was never confirmed and promised multiple times as you state and they never lied which backs up my point? Also why are you talking about performance? We aren't arguing about that and I'm well aware that the performance would suffer.

Halo waypoint doesn't have the same threads. It has one massive thread regarding splitscreen which even achknowledges Holmes tweets from back in December and from the pages I looked through not one person was angered that they had lied about it being promised and confirmed from those tweets so no, everyone isn't upset about being lied to. Everyone is angered because they play splitscreen with their buddies and its a huge loss. I'm at a loss at how you believe this massive outrage regarding splitscreen is only about how people have been lied to and if you honestly believe that.

ethomaz said:

Dark_Feanor said:

Ok, what is your point?

I supose is similar to that far way 2013 when likes of Thuway  words were considered gospel. Thus the XOne were to be a technical and enginer disaster with games running poorly and lots of bugs.

Is your point that Halo 5 developent is a mess and the game is in an unplayable state and would be until release?  Just because a feature that few people use nowerdays was cutted.

However when I show you some evidence that not everthing works perfectly with other developers you simplely ignore. Why?

This situation happens with every develorper. Halo 2 had the entire last quarte of the campain reworked a few months before launch. They cutted a entire level at the Moon and  veicles were removed.

See this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_y3cbIV-Xg

There is nothing of this level in the final game.

And Xbone launch was a technical disaster... did you forget? Games ran poorly and keys features of OS were buggy and a mess... just look at the change log to see how MS needed to works in everything (even remade features like Party Chat for example).

well that is a massive over-exageration. 

Of course Halo will be 60fps.  The devs know now that console gamers prefer it over 1080p.  Xbox gamers, at least. 

Sharpryno said:

well that is a massive over-exageration.

Is it is?

Edge posted a article that was removed after because MS asked but the title was:

Xbox why the baffling incompetence of the Xbox One interface
http://www.edge-online.com/features/xbox-why-the-baffling-incompetence-of-the-xbox-one-interface/

Some quotes:

“Xbox One’s debut user experience is stuttering, clunky, and a serious challenge to Xbox Live’s long-held status as the premier console service. Bluntly, they take too long to load, don’t offer the functionality that Xbox Live was built on, and are, inexplicably, badly handled by the OS.

This shambling, zomboid clunkiness permeates the entire interface. You have to go into the Games & Apps list to view downloads. Missed game invitations aren’t stored, but lost forever. You can’t view or manage storage, a spectacularly poor decision given that the 500GB hard drive will be approaching capacity by March. The overall sense is of a design handed over to the team behind the similarly unloved Windows 8 interface, rather than anybody who has used an Xbox 360 regularly or had any familiarity with its strengths.”

Major Nelson about the article...

“I had a meeting today about much of this and I can say that things will get better. I can’t offer a timeline of a list of what till be addressed first, but we are aware of the issue and things will get better,”

Official PR from MS... even them used the work Broken (the Party Chat feature was completely remade internally because it was broken at launch)

"The feedback we've gotten is pretty valid; some of the social stuff is hidden or harder to use than it was on the Xbox 360. So you're gonna see us come out with an update where, well, we're going to fix those things. As a person who's been pretty involved in building Xbox Live for the last decade, I take it pretty seriously when people say it's harder to get into a party, and the defaults aren't right, and I don't like the model. So what I'm trying to do with the team is kind of theme some stuff up. Let's take an update and really go through a big list of what we're hearing from customers, what we know is broken with the architecture, areas that we want to improve or complete. I think that's a theme you'll really see us push on -- that Live experience."

I apreciate the MS attitude to fix a lot of things thought the first year of Xbox One but they are not ready do launch and yes it was a tecnical disaster.

I'm not get into the SDK and how devs have tons of issues to work with it at launch... I'm going way offtopic here but that didn't make it a over-exageration.. that happened.

Around the Network

This thread has already led to a few users being banned. Il make a final warning to give you guys a chance to not get yourselves banned again. Keep your posts on topic, and do not flame other users. If you break these rules even slightly you will be moderated.

Please keep this in mind when making your next post.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Why would you guys wasting your time to discuss about Halo 5 with ethomaz.

It's not like Halo 5 going to release tomorrow, and it's not like ethomaz ever think about to buy this game, he can even bring a off-topic things so he can still find a way to blame Xbox in a thread.(don't tell me that's offensive since he exactly doing what i said, and i did not use any bad-word.)

User was moderated for this post - Zekkyou

D-Joe said:

Why would you guys wasting your time to discuss about Halo 5 with ethomaz.

It's not like Halo 5 going to release tomorrow, and it's not like ethomaz ever think about to buy this game, he can even bring a off-topic things so he can still find a way to blame Xbox in a thread.(don't tell me that's offensive since he exactly doing what i said, and i did not use any bad-word.)

This. Hes going to find everything to hate about it, and use it against you, even if its false. 

User was moderated for this post - Zekkyou

This is the third mod warning in this thread, so i'm going to be clear. Any posts that are directed at a user rather than the topic, and i mean any, will be moderated. If you have an issue with a post, report it. If you have an issue with a user's general behavior, talk to a mod. Anything else won't be tolerated.