By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata didn't expect this massive succes for Splatoon.

And you?

Yes. 171 46.22%

No. 199 53.78%

Total:370

I was expecting it to do well from how much the Nintendo fans where getting behind it but didn't expect the level of success it ended up with.

Around the Network

Honestly, I thought LT it would only really reach 1.5m and be sort of a hidden Nintendo gem, but looking at it now, in my opinion it has potential to be a Wii U-defining game.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

I thought that it would do well, after the push in marketing. It didn't really surprise me much when I heard it sold a million in a month, though.

bet: lost

Anyone who has studied even the basics of business knows that to be CEO you have to take risks. I have no idea why Iwata is still in charge.

I didn't think it would do well, I thought it would do better than Bayo 2 and wonderful 101 though.

I honestly didn't think it would be such a fun game to play. I decided on purchasing after seeing the variety of weapons and subweapons video. But before that, I had no interest in buying the game.

I'm glad I gave the game a chance, I bought it day one and purchased 2 more copies a few days later. (for niece and nephew)

It's my favorite game this year so far! I was surprised they made the single player campaign so enjoyable.

Around the Network

They did a lot marketing and advertisement for this game.

Mystro-Sama said:
Anyone who has studied even the basics of business knows that to be CEO you have to take risks. I have no idea why Iwata is still in charge.

and sadly at the last Investors meeting his popularity has grown. I am one of those people who want a NEW, FRESH, YOUNG Nintendo, which Splatoon rappresents perfectly so I hope that at this time next year we will see someone uder the age of 60 yo as the CEO of Nintendo since sales doesn't look to be good on any Nintendo game from here except for Xenoblade and maybe Mario Maker (who knows, maybe we are underestimating Mario Maker as much as people underestimated Splatoon at the time...). I believe Zelda will arrive by the end of 2016 so no mention on that.

That said even if Iwata mantains his position I hope this is the push that will convince them to bring us new IPs constantly EVERY YEAR so that every game has the time to be well appreciated and also Let's hope they learned how marketing and making viral their games is a key factor to the sales. The Kid-Squid certanly has contributed more than how switching the Japanese and the american trailers whould have done.

Edit: Wow, I just found out that Iwata is 55, damn he looks soo much older, he should really drop the job and focus on all his deseases. How cool would it be to have Satoru Shibata, actual president of Nintendo of Europe as the next main CEO of Nintendo? certanly it would be a good message about the usually close minded Nintendo menality and it might also help the market here in Europe where Sony is dominating, since having a President near to us would make feel better the consumers. The only though thing would be Shibata to have to control both Nintendo of Eu and Nintendo of Japan at the same time since not having the CEO also in Japan might switch te parts without any effect...

surprised me as well.

Ryng_Tolu said:

Humm so, in the poll, nearly 70% of guys expect Splatoon to sell 1.1 million in less than one month?
...Strange, i don't remember those guys 1 year ago...

And that's what we call hindsight bias.

Ryng_Tolu said:

Humm so, in the poll, nearly 70% of guys expect Splatoon to sell 1.1 million in less than one month?
...Strange, i don't remember those guys 1 year ago...

I said in a month and people laugh at me. Funny