By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata didn't expect this massive succes for Splatoon.

And you?

Yes. 171 46.22%

No. 199 53.78%

Total:370
DolPhanTendo said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Humm so, in the poll, nearly 70% of guys expect Splatoon to sell 1.1 million in less than one month?
...Strange, i don't remember those guys 1 year ago...

I said in a month and people laugh at me. Funny

True. You was right. I didn't expect honestly. ^^

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Darwinianevolution said:

More than a million copies sold in less than a month from a new IP on the smallest userbase of this gen? People thought it would do great, but those numbers are surprisingly good.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=162650029&postcount=489

He said "people."

DolPhanTendo said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Humm so, in the poll, nearly 70% of guys expect Splatoon to sell 1.1 million in less than one month?
...Strange, i don't remember those guys 1 year ago...

To be fair, are you sure one had anything to do with the other?

Hopefully that encourages them to try out more new IPs.

Maybe now Nintendo will slowly begin to understand the correlation between marketing and higher sales.

Surprised me as well, lol.

Hopefully, this means that Nintendo is willing to experiment more with new IPs.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

And i'm suprised that Iwata didn't expect this massive succes for Splatoon.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Yes, have played Splatoon and I find it a fun-filled and charming take on the shooter genre. Happy to know it's been received well.

small44 said:

Okay seriously? No one really expected splatoon to be this big so quick. Everything changed after the first testfire. That was when pre orders shot up and splatoon accumulated the majority of its hype leading up to launch. So yes, it makes sense to not expect that kind of success no one expected it before the test fire and a lot doubted even after it.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
small44 said:

Okay seriously? No one really expected splatoon to be this big so quick. Everything changed after the first testfire. That was when pre orders shot up and splatoon accumulated the majority of its hype leading up to launch. So yes, it makes sense to not expect that kind of success no one expected it before the test fire and a lot doubted even after it.

I know most people expected low sales but i was in the minority who though Splatoon would sell well.It had everything to success the game was well advertised it's a good and fun games and like Mario it's attract both children and adult.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Ryng_Tolu said:
DolPhanTendo said:

True. You was right. I didn't expect honestly. ^^

Not trying to brag. All I know I wasn't using my biases towards NINTENDO on my thread I posted was using a reaction of a person who showed the trailer to. By seeing his reaction I all this game needs is some marketing and word of mouth. Then Nintendo did that with test fires and the MESSFEST. so I knew it would sell well after that. 

A lot people can't see pass their biases sometimes, I do at times, but people should think before posting.