By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monolith Soft wants to help Eiji Aonuma finish Zelda U

I think this thread was made already. Anyways I think its great. They should help.

Around the Network

I would have assumed something like this was already happening. They need as much manpower as they can get to finish it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Given how well they seem to have done filling the world of Xenoblade Chronicles X with enemies, missions and stuff to do/explore, they honestly should be helping.

I don't want the new Zelda to be a Xenoblade X clone but their experience in creating such a open world game should help in perfecting that feel.

Is this a joke thread?

Paatar said:

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/55989/20150701/xenoblade-chronicles-x-studio-legend-of-zelda-wii-u-nintendo.htm

This would actually be pretty benficial I think. Monolith did a great job with Xeno X. The textures... everthing. They really pushed the game to look amazing and it does. They could most definitely help speed up the process developing of Zelda U.

I mean, the story is already done in Zelda U*, so now they are basically just developing and fixing and polishing to the max. *This is just speculation and a guess. There was no official confirmation. However, I think it is a safe bet. 

What do you think? Should Monlith assist the team? I think they should. 

Dear God, no. The textures of XCX were pretty average at best. Zelda U already showed much better visuals (well, except for ugly-washed rocks, but it's pre-alpha stuff anyway). But I agree that overall Monolith could help them a lot speeding up the process.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Paatar said:

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/55989/20150701/xenoblade-chronicles-x-studio-legend-of-zelda-wii-u-nintendo.htm

This would actually be pretty benficial I think. Monolith did a great job with Xeno X. The textures... everthing. They really pushed the game to look amazing and it does. They could most definitely help speed up the process developing of Zelda U.

I mean, the story is already done in Zelda U*, so now they are basically just developing and fixing and polishing to the max. *This is just speculation and a guess. There was no official confirmation. However, I think it is a safe bet. 

What do you think? Should Monlith assist the team? I think they should. 

Dear God, no. The textures of XCX were pretty average at best. Zelda U already showed much better visuals (well, except for ugly-washed rocks, but it's pre-alpha stuff anyway). But I agree that overall Monolith could help them a lot speeding up the process.

These textures are comparable to some of Zelda's that we have seen. That tree looks like it has real bark, the rocks look very good... they did a VERY good job with textures...

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
LipeJJ said:

These textures are comparable to some of Zelda's that we have seen. That tree looks like it has real bark, the rocks look very good... they did a VERY good job with textures...

Have you seen any of the character or models in the city? They cut a lot of corners. Shouldn't be praised ahead of Zelda titles, imo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Accept the help

The less Aonuma the better.

outlawauron said:

Have you seen any of the character or models in the city? They cut a lot of corners. Shouldn't be praised ahead of Zelda titles, imo.

The character models are as ugly as they are because of the customizable characters. Every game with this option has some pretty ugly characters, excepting a few. 

I mean the characters are no worse than Skyrim's (unmodded.) 

I don't think Zelda will have too many cities like Neo Los Angeles.