By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monolith Soft wants to help Eiji Aonuma finish Zelda U

Paatar said:
LipeJJ said:

Dear God, no. The textures of XCX were pretty average at best. Zelda U already showed much better visuals (well, except for ugly-washed rocks, but it's pre-alpha stuff anyway). But I agree that overall Monolith could help them a lot speeding up the process.

These textures are comparable to some of Zelda's that we have seen. That tree looks like it has real bark, the rocks look very good... they did a VERY good job with textures...

I respect your opinion, but honestly this pic does not look much better than a 2005, 2006 or 2007 game... it's not good at all.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Paatar said:

These textures are comparable to some of Zelda's that we have seen. That tree looks like it has real bark, the rocks look very good... they did a VERY good job with textures...

I respect your opinion, but honestly this pic does not look much better than a 2005, 2006 or 2007 game... it's not good at all.

Do you have something in mind? This is what open world games looked like in that period (excluding Crysis, for obvious reasons.) 

Far less geometry and lower-res textures than Xenoblade X. 

sc94597 said:
LipeJJ said:

Do you have something in mind? This is what open world games looked like in that period (excluding Crysis, for obvious reasons.) 

I honestly don't think those 2 pics are looking much worse than XCX... and then we have this.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
sc94597 said:

I honestly don't think those 2 pics are looking much worse than XCX... and then we have this.

GTA 4 released in 2008, not 2007 (or earlier.) GTA 4 is not very comparable anyway. Apples to oranges really. Even still for a game that doesn't focus on the city as much, Xenoblade's isn't that bad. As far as textures go it matches GTA IV quite fine. 

How much better do you expect a Wii U game to look? Xenoblade X looks as much better than Oblivion than Skyrim does (and I'd argue more), and Skyrim was a significant improvement over Oblivion. XBX fits well with the end of the 7th generation as far as graphics go, that's 2008-2012 visuals. 

I just want Zelda U

any one can help as long as it is perfect!

Switch!!!

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Paatar said:

Have you seen any of the character or models in the city? They cut a lot of corners. Shouldn't be praised ahead of Zelda titles, imo.

Yes, there are a lot of rough textures here and there. But just about all of the overworld has amazing textures. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]