By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Citizen's First-Person Shooter Module Delayed but you can buy 400 dolars ships

Tagged games:

Munkeh111 said:
DerNebel said:

I'll be brutally honest here: In my opinion the Star Citizen devs (or te be more clear, the guy that's leading the whole operation) are complete pieces of shit.

They are still happily letting people blow cash up their ass even though they are $20 million above their last stretch goal. They say the game will release in late 2016 (I'm pretty sure it has been delayed a couple times already) but does anyone actually believe that? And they(he) have(has) the gall to say something like they are never going to "dumb down Star Citizen for lesser platforms" acting as if they are some sort shining example for other devs and what they should do, when in reality they simply don't have to give a shit about where they release the freaking game on aside from PC because they still have people throwing millions of dollars at them every month, people that only want one thing in return at some point: the game.

So they should just stop letting people buy the game and buy the ships? Why?

How much does an MMO cost? Cloud Imperium Games have at least 300 employees (I can't remember if that included outsourcers). That's a lot of people to have making a game for 3-4 years. More money mean more employees which generally means a better experience

They can keep letting people buy the game (though early access is another practice that I find utterly broken but that's neither here nor there) but they should stop selling those ridiculously overpriced ships when they, according to themselves, do not need the money for the development of the game anymore. I highly doubt that they are constantly hiring more devs, if at all all this extra money gives them the possibility to just take even more time releasing the game.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Munkeh111 said:
DerNebel said:

I'll be brutally honest here: In my opinion the Star Citizen devs (or te be more clear, the guy that's leading the whole operation) are complete pieces of shit.

They are still happily letting people blow cash up their ass even though they are $20 million above their last stretch goal. They say the game will release in late 2016 (I'm pretty sure it has been delayed a couple times already) but does anyone actually believe that? And they(he) have(has) the gall to say something like they are never going to "dumb down Star Citizen for lesser platforms" acting as if they are some sort shining example for other devs and what they should do, when in reality they simply don't have to give a shit about where they release the freaking game on aside from PC because they still have people throwing millions of dollars at them every month, people that only want one thing in return at some point: the game.

How much does an MMO cost? Cloud Imperium Games have at least 300 employees (I can't remember if that included outsourcers). That's a lot of people to have making a game for 3-4 years. More money mean more employees which generally means a better experience

They can keep letting people buy the game (though early access is another practice that I find utterly broken but that's neither here nor there) but they should stop selling those ridiculously overpriced ships when they, according to themselves, do not need the money for the development of the game anymore. I highly doubt that they are constantly hiring more devs, if at all all this extra money gives them the possibility to just take even more time releasing the game.

Why not let people buy the ships?

They don't let people buy alien or military ships, but there is no justification to stop people from buying these ships that open new gameplay possibilities.

When did they say they don't need more money?

Munkeh111 said:
DerNebel said:
Munkeh111 said:

They don't let people buy alien or military ships, but there is no justification to stop people from buying these ships that open new gameplay possibilities.

The moment they reached their final stretch goal, that's what a final goal of a crowdfunding campaign is supposed to signal right?

There is justification and it all comes back to them not needing the money anymore. Imagine for a second what would happen if a big AAA publisher would start selling ingame items prior to release for comparably horrendous prices, people would be outraged because it would be taken as something the publisher doesn't have to do to make the game happen. The same situation is true for Star Citizen, they don't need to sell $400 ships to make the game happen, they are just doing it because people have somehow come to accept the practice with this game.

Tell people that the ships will all be attainable in the final game without an extra purchase, that the possibility to purchase the ships was a special deal to incentivice early backers when the game still needed the funding and then take the ships from their site, that's what they should do imo.

Yea I hate shit like this. and this games just seems like it's going to disappoint a lot of backers.

DerNebel said:
Munkeh111 said:

The moment they reached their final stretch goal, that's what a final goal of a crowdfunding campaign is supposed to signal right?

There is justification and it all comes back to them not needing the money anymore. Imagine for a second what would happen if a big AAA publisher would start selling ingame items prior to release for comparably horrendous prices, people would be outraged because it would be taken as something the publisher doesn't have to do to make the game happen. The same situation is true for Star Citizen, they don't need to sell $400 ships to make the game happen, they are just doing it because people have somehow come to accept the practice with this game.

Tell people that the ships will all be attainable in the final game without an extra purchase, that the possibility to purchase the ships was a special deal to incentivice early backers when the game still needed the funding and then take the ships from their site, that's what they should do imo.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14354-Letter-From-The-Chairman-Multi-Crew-Ship-Systems

Chris Roberts does not say "we don't need more money" he says we want to give you more design documents (they have) and not just give more rewards

Again, how much does it cost to make this game? Who knows, but clearly quite a lot of money. There are a lot of employees! There's no reason to stop people from giving them money if they want to. I just don't see any justification for it