By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Japan: PSVita, 3DS, PS4 with + (June 22th-28st 2015)

MikeRox said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7406053

3 incorrect results remain incorrect results, even if they all concur ;)

And how you know?

Are you Famitsu or Den and you know how they have the numbers? and Amazon?

Pls

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

With people saying Nohr and Hoshido are two completely different games, why combine them at all, amirite?

Anyway, PS4 is back above the Wii U now, will probably stay that way til the holidays too, unless Yoshi gives an unexpected boost. I'll wait for FF XIV digital numbers before I call flop on it too.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7406053

Considering Nintendo chooses Media Create data for all of their financial reports, I'd hope that it would some credibility to those who follow MC the closest.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ryng_Tolu said:
MikeRox said:

3 incorrect results remain incorrect results, even if they all concur ;)

And how you know?

Pls

I never said these specific 3 results were incorrect. You have just inferred that from my purely observational comment ;)

However again, when Vita outsold 3DS in those trackers, only Media Create was accepted as the reliable source.

Amazon will be accurate, however only for their specific sales. What happens at Amazon doesn't necessarily mirror what happens at Rakuten.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Ryng_Tolu said:

And how you know?

Pls

It's not 3v1 silly.  Rakuten have PS4 higher, so 3v2.  And my mum's friend who visited Japan a few years ago but totally keeps on top of Japanese sales said PS4 is higher, so it's 3v3.

(More seriously, I can't believe that people are acutally trying to downplay trackers just because it's showing an unfavourable result.  Just pick one tracker and stick to it.  Preferrably not Dengeki.  #teammediacreate)

Ruler said:

anyways Vita is fighting back the 3DS numbers should obviously be higher with a game like FE being launched 

The Vita hasn't sold nearly enough units to have reached the level of saturation as the 3DS has.  There's no "fighting back."  Vita has more people out there without Vitas to sell to.  Most of the people who want a 3DS or would get one already has one at this point.

Around the Network

Splatoon is *still* pushing the WiiU ...

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Kresnik said:

It's not 3v1 silly.  Rakuten have PS4 higher, so 3v2.  And my mum's friend who visited Japan a few years ago but totally keeps on top of Japanese sales said PS4 is higher, so it's 3v3.

(More seriously, I can't believe that people are acutally trying to downplay trackers just because it's showing an unfavourable result.  Just pick one tracker and stick to it.  Preferrably not Dengeki.  #teammediacreate)

When i said this!?

I always said Media Create is the most accurate source.

That said, we have more source that has Wii U above PS4, so?

I said "Wii U is above PS4" ?

No. But PS4 > Wii U is not a fact.

End of the discussion.

Ryng_Tolu said:

When i said this!?

End of the discussion.

Why are you even questioning this and making such a fuss if Media Create is the most accurate tracker?

Media Create has PS4 above WiiU.

So PS4 > WiiU for the week.

End of discussion.

Ryng_Tolu said:
forethought14 said:

Persona Dancing didn't bomb all night! Vita up, PS4 up on MC, it's down on FAM, Fire Emblem ifffff doing good, Splatoon with long tentacles, everyone's a squid now.

As for whether Wii U beat PS4 or the other way around, either average them out, or just pick the one that supports your agenda and have a good day.

DIdn't Sony release the new lighter PS4 model in Japan during that reporting week? That may factor into the slight increase that Meda Create is reporting, it released on the 24th of June. 

Are you sure!?

This Media Create week is the week of the new PS4 model?

Yes, it was shipped to retailers last week on Wednesday the 24th, some stores officially selling on the 25th, the lighter non glossy CUH-1200 model, the reporting period is June 22 to the 28th, which the 24th is a part of, why wouldn't it be tracked by Media Create? 

http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps4/hardware/cuh1200ab01.html

It's been on sale at Yodobashi since the 25th

http://www.yodobashi.com/SCE-ソニー-コンピュータエンタテインメント-プレイステーション4-PlayStation-ジェット・ブラック-CUH-1200AB01/pd/100000001002773772/

Kresnik said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

When i said this!?

End of the discussion.

Why are you even questioning this and making such a fuss if Media Create is the most accurate tracker?

Media Create has PS4 above WiiU.

So PS4 > WiiU for the week.

End of discussion.

While there still likely is a double standard going on here, I think you misunderstand what Ryng is trying to say.

What he's saying is that since there are more sources, albeit less reliable, showing the Wii U above the PS4, there's reason to doubt that the PS4 is (in actual hard numbers) above the Wii U in Japan for the week.  Of course, in the end it's not saying much.