By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US July monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Madword said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, seem that now all XBO ( all SKUs ) combinet are above PS4 (all SKus ) in the hourly!!!!!

#25 PS4 | Batman
#28 XBO | MCC
#57 WU
#64 XBO | 1TB
#68 PS4
#77 XBO | 500gb
#92 N3DS

August is going to be interesting...

I dont think it will. I think this is just making it cloudy, when actually PS4 has been on the whole selling more on amazon. If we extrapolate that into what's happening on the high street, then all today is doing is making it look closer than it is?

Last year, XBO and PS4 was really close:

[PS4] 190,000
[XB1] 160,000

That's because Madden.

As we know, PS4 is down YOY, and this is not going to change since a pricedrop (expect June because Batman), and the pricedrop in August is too soon. ( honestly, i not even think will happen this year ).

Meanwhile, XBO is selling better than last year, barely, but still up YOY.

Now, if last year the PS4-XBO gap was so close, yes, i seriusly think this August will be very interesting all considering. Also, August is the month of Gears Ultimate Edition ( not a big release considering we talk about a remastered, but still one thing that can help) and of course, like last year, Madden.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Madword said:

I dont think it will. I think this is just making it cloudy, when actually PS4 has been on the whole selling more on amazon. If we extrapolate that into what's happening on the high street, then all today is doing is making it look closer than it is?

[PS4] 190,000
[XB1] 160,000

That's because Madden.

As we know, PS4 is down YOY, and this is not going to change since a pricedrop (expect June because Batman), and the pricedrop in August is too soon. ( honestly, i not even think will happen this year ).

Now, if last year the PS4-XBO gap was so close, yes, i seriusly think this August will be very interesting all considering. Also, August is the month of Gears Ultimate Edition ( not a big release considering we talk about a remastered, but still one thing that can help) and of course, like last year, Madden.

I wasnt actually commenting about August but more about the hourly's for XBO for July... sorry should have made it more clear :). But August has a few PS4 titles.. so expecting that to keep it going a little.

Was Madden a XBO packaged deal? If it's not the same this year (or is it?)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

[PS4] 190,000
[XB1] 160,000

That's because Madden.

I wasnt actually commenting about August but more about the hourly's for XBO for July... sorry should have made it more clear :). But August has a few PS4 titles.. so expecting that to keep it going a little.

I thought even this year XBO should have the Madden bundle... it haven't? :-/

Ryng_Tolu said:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, seem that now all XBO ( all SKUs ) combinet are above PS4 (all SKus ) in the hourly!!!!!

#25 PS4 | Batman
#28 XBO | MCC
#57 WU
#64 XBO | 1TB
#68 PS4
#77 XBO | 500gb
#92 N3DS

August is going to be interesting...

I think they are (combined) at roughly the same now, with a slight edge to the XBO.

August will indeed be interesting considering last year's august.  It'll be Until Dawn vs GoW remaster+Madden marketing.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Madword said:

I thought even this year XBO should have the Madden bundle... it haven't? :-/

Dunno that's why I was asking :)

I guess though, the second year of any deal will certainly have less impact. It's like Assassins Creed, Sony were smart and went with Ps4/Black Flag and then dropped AC for when Unity came out, and though it would have boosted it somewhat, it was certainly lesser effect the 2nd year. So I guess what I am saying is, those that wanted XBO/Madden 1st year have already got it, and the boost will not be so big,

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

I think they are (combined) at roughly the same now, with a slight edge to the XBO.

August will indeed be interesting considering last year's august.  It'll be Until Dawn vs GoW remaster+Madden marketing.

I don't know the power sales of Until down. Do you think will make a decent PS4 boost?

I just know that Madden for XBOX is big, and Gears Remake will help even more.

Madword said:

Dunno that's why I was asking :)

I guess though, the second year of any deal will certainly have less impact. It's like Assassins Creed, Sony were smart and went with Ps4/Black Flag and then dropped AC for when Unity came out, and though it would have boosted it somewhat, it was certainly lesser effect the 2nd year. So I guess what I am saying is, those that wanted XBO/Madden 1st year have already got it, and the boost will not be so big,

You right about this, but last year the XBO boost was pretty nice. (not much for the month, because is increase by 22% compared to July 2014, but MS confirmed the weekly sales of XBO was double during madden week), so, i believe even this year XBO is going to have a good 70/75 % boost that week.

1 TB X1 just shot up to #33 with the MCC dropping to #37 now that the hourly charts have updated so the 1TB X1 must of sold well considering the batman Bundle that was 100% claimed hasn't gone anywhere and is still at #28.

Hourlies during sales like this are gonna be pretty useless, the number disparity becomes too great to make comparisons with the usual rankings. It's basically an haywire chart

Roronaa_chan said:
Hourlies during sales like this are gonna be pretty useless, the number disparity becomes too great to make comparisons with the usual rankings. It's basically an haywire chart

I agree, but it gives us something to talk about :)

WoodenPints said:
1 TB X1 just shot up to #33 with the MCC dropping to #37 now that the hourly charts have updated so the 1TB X1 must of sold well considering the batman Bundle that was 100% claimed hasn't gone anywhere and is still at #28.

The PS4 Batman bundle was pulled at 50%.

Neogaf is still having a fit about it.