By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: David Wise working on an unannounced Nintendo Project! DKR2?

FunFan said:
ExplodingBlock said:
If it is Diddy Kong Racing 2, I'll have to drive over to Austin and give the people at Retro Studios a good spanking

The punishing kind or the kinky kind?

Both ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Around the Network

Diddy Kong Racing had a very interesting adventure mode. I think is still unique among racers? It was very similar to same era platforms like Banjo, so...

Why not just make a DK64 sequel starring Diddy? *runs away*

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I wish! I'm not with the general opinion here, I will actually prefer them to do DKR than MP4. It's been a looong time since we last have that franchise (18 years!), so I will be very pleased if they revive it. And it's waay too different to MK. It had a nice adventure mode, planes, hovercraft, boss races... They are in the same genre, but, obviously, they have a lot of differences. I know a lot of people want Metroid Prime 4, but stop making everything that "should" be Metroid Prime sounds bad. I'm growing tired of it...

spemanig said:
Nem said:
I dont understand. Who in the world is asking for Diddy kong racing 2? Its the same game as Mario Karto 8. It already exists!

I am. No it isn't. Stop.

You got donkey kong, you got donkey kong tracks, you got the same gameplay. What else do you need? Its going to crossover alot. Maybe it would make sense as an expansion pack for MK8.

But its written all over that people will just say Nintendo is getting lazy repacking the same game and selling it for full price. Oh well...

Nem said:

You got donkey kong, you got donkey kong tracks, you got the same gameplay. What else do you need? Its going to crossover alot. Maybe it would make sense as an expansion pack for MK8.

But its written all over that people will just say Nintendo is getting lazy repacking the same game and selling it for full price. Oh well...

No offense, but that's an incredebly simple-minded way of looking at two vastly different games of the same subgenre. That's like saying Super Metroid and SotN have the "same gameplay" just because they are both Metroidvanias.

DKR had a single player campaign, an explorable overworld, three different vehicle types, boss battles, a different "stacked" item system, etc. It was a completely different beast than Mario Kart. And a new one would be even more different than the original