By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios works on ReCore for Microsoft, according to Xbox FR

Azzanation said:
Aerys said:

But people forget that Armature only made few games, all being port, and the only game they created by themselves is very bad : http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/batman-arkham-origins-blackgate

So i'm not sure people should use their name as a promise of quality, at the opposite in fact, it proves that 3 people of Retro studio dont make an other Retro Studio

The fact those 3 employees worked on Metroid Prime is why ReCore sounds good. I dont think it really matters anyway because ReCore sounds awesome on paper. Looking forward to seeing more of it. Definitly a unique title and a welcome addition to MS's AAA lineup.

But the fact that should matter is not what they worked on when they were at Retro since they are not at Retro anymore but what they worked on after Retro Studio with their own studio since it's their studio alone that is making Recore, not Retro Studio.

So no one should hype the game based on " armature studio" , it would be more logical to use the name of Inafune to hype enough the game, since him, he made good games with his own studio like Soul Sacrifice

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

You can't blame Microsoft for advertising their game with the "Makers of Metroid Prime" intro during E3. It sounds a lot better than the "Makers of Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate".

I see it as a compliment to Nintendo really.

As for this video, stupid mistake, on purpose, on accident or pure ignorance? I don't know.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Azzanation said:
Aerys said:

But people forget that Armature only made few games, all being port, and the only game they created by themselves is very bad : http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/batman-arkham-origins-blackgate

So i'm not sure people should use their name as a promise of quality, at the opposite in fact, it proves that 3 people of Retro studio dont make an other Retro Studio

The fact those 3 employees worked on Metroid Prime is why ReCore sounds good. I dont think it really matters anyway because ReCore sounds awesome on paper. Looking forward to seeing more of it. Definitly a unique title and a welcome addition to MS's AAA lineup.

There is a lot of stuff that sounds great on paper that end up being a terrible mess in execution.

Alkibiádēs said:
You can't blame Microsoft for advertising their game with the "Makers of Metroid Prime" intro during E3. It sounds a lot better than the "Makers of Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate".

I see it as a compliment to Nintendo really.

As for this video, stupid mistake, on purpose, on accident or pure ignorance? I don't know.

Im surprises rétro studio allowed such lie

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Mystro-Sama said:

They're going to scoop up Retro leaving Nintendo with their dick in their hand like they did with Rare back in the day.

Nintendo, Y U SO DAFT!?

Rare was dying from inside because of internal mismanagement. The blame for that can't be on Nintendo, because Rare was not first party (their own responsibility).

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
Stellar_Fungk said:
Mystro-Sama said:

They're going to scoop up Retro leaving Nintendo with their dick in their hand like they did with Rare back in the day.

Nintendo, Y U SO DAFT!?

Rare was dying from inside because of internal mismanagement. The blame for that can't be on Nintendo, because Rare was not first party (their own responsibility).

This is what people seem to forget at the time Rare was not worth buying. Most of it's developers left during and after Starfox Adverntures and even the Stamper Brothers who started the studio wanted out. And their stable of IP was not worth what it would cost to restructure the entire developer.

Aerys said:
Seriously, i'm surprised such people get paid to spread bullshit day after day

Especially when there are so many willing to do it for free

Aerys said:
Azzanation said:
Aerys said:

But the fact that should matter is not what they worked on when they were at Retro since they are not at Retro anymore but what they worked on after Retro Studio with their own studio since it's their studio alone that is making Recore, not Retro Studio.

So no one should hype the game based on " armature studio" , it would be more logical to use the name of Inafune to hype enough the game, since him, he made good games with his own studio like Soul Sacrifice

If i was a developer and i had a resume of one of the greatest games ever made, even though i work for an average company, i still want people to know what iv done. These 3 developers worked on Metoid Prime, one of the highest criticly acclaim games of all time (97 meta, up there with Halo). Give them the benefit of the doubt. ReCore looks set to be another amazing game and should be promoted. It has a Metroid feel to it and gamers should start reconsizing the devs more, not just the brand they work for.

Loss is nothing to worry. It would end developing 2D platformers on Xbone.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile