By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo thinks Sony and Microsoft will steal their next console idea.

RealGamingExpert said:
It's funny how 90% of the replies here would be completely different if the Wii U was a success.
Nintendo being afraid of someone stealing their next big idea is understandable.
Will it be a huge success? Probably not, but it could be.
I'm pretty sure Sony and Microsoft think about this in the same way...

I'm pretty sure whether the ideas are successful or not is the prime reason why anyone copies or innovates on existing ideas.

People take things from the market leaders and try to make their version of it. That's just how things work in every industry.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
Vor said:

My point is why they thing their competitor will steal their idea. Does Nintendo have some bad experience with this?

No, I don't think so. Maybe during the Sega vs Nintendo days. No one has stolen their ideas in recent times though.

Motion controls?

baloofarsan said:

This infographics tries to prove that Sony steal from everyone:

EDIT: "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Sorry about the trolling but there is copying between all competitors.

Interesting...  But the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale or whatever it's called could have been something huge.

guiduc said:
baloofarsan said:

Interesting...  But the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale or whatever it's called could have been something huge.

For me in order to be succesfull it needed to be like Marvel vs. Capcom instead of SSB.

Heavenly_King said:
guiduc said:
baloofarsan said:

For me in order to be succesfull it needed to be like Marvel vs. Capcom instead of SSB.

It's no easy task to create such a particular kind of fighting game without copying at least MvsC or Smash. Therefore, not easy to have its own personnality.

Around the Network
hentai_11 said:
Heavenly_King said:
If they are going to copy them, they will eventually copy them; they are just delaying the inevitable.

Of course. But a delay can already make a difference. Just imagine if Sony had the Move ready at PS3-Launch. Last Gen would have been a different story.

There are 2 possibilities. Either PS Move will become PS3's Kinect 2.0 or PS Move will surpass Wiimote's popularity (with proper marketing).

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Dr.Vita said:
Nintendo is really arrogant imo.
Nobody want to steal anything from them...

ehm playstation move, playstation all stars, little big planet racing, vita cross function with playstation yeahh totally not stealing :)

generic-user-1 said:
archer9234 said:

The bigger question is: How would this ultimately work out. The NX is gonna launch before the next sony and MS system. Unless they want to wait that long. Their ideas will be stolen anyway. I call BS.

sony did this many times... they updated the psone controller after they saw that analog worked, they made move after the saw motion controlls working on the wii,  rumble, etc, all stolen and implemented without a new generation.

sony is stealing from nintendo all the time... ms atleast try to innovate(mostly by making consoles more like PCs), since sega is death and they cant steal from sega anymore.

joke of the year!!! lol

today reality:

nintendo failing big time (that a fact) maybe nintendo should steal sony the pattern how they launch the ps4 (so NX could have 21 million sold in 1 year)

sony prevail and dominate (that a fact)

i own a wii U but not playing with it since lack of game for now!!

quisuis said:
generic-user-1 said:
archer9234 said:

The bigger question is: How would this ultimately work out. The NX is gonna launch before the next sony and MS system. Unless they want to wait that long. Their ideas will be stolen anyway. I call BS.

sony did this many times... they updated the psone controller after they saw that analog worked, they made move after the saw motion controlls working on the wii,  rumble, etc, all stolen and implemented without a new generation.

sony is stealing from nintendo all the time... ms atleast try to innovate(mostly by making consoles more like PCs), since sega is death and they cant steal from sega anymore.

joke of the year!!! lol

okay, steal is the wrong word, ms worked with remainings of sega after sega died. 

So it begins, the fanboy war

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213