By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo thinks Sony and Microsoft will steal their next console idea.

I reaaaally hope, for the sake of my precious hobby which is gaming, that Sony stays as far as they can from the Nintendo innovations from recent years. Move controllers, tablet controllers and God knows what are they planning with the NX! I just want a console, a regular controller and the games that we would expect from Sony. They should focus instead on new innovatives IPs like they are doing on the Ps4.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
archer9234 said:
Ruler said:
baloofarsan said:

This infographics tries to prove that Sony steal from everyone:

EDIT: "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Sorry about the trolling but there is copying between all competitors.

- sony steals but they make it often times better like building rumble pack inside the controller, there are literary games on the N64 which require you to put in the memory card to load and save your game and then switching back the rumble expansion if you want to have it (Quake 2). Not to mention that you need battries which is even more stupid.

The PS1 Dualshock came also with two analog sticks instead one.

- the triggers were invented by sega not microsoft

- the home button was invented by Sony with the PSP

The Rumble pack when modded can run with no batteries. You just can't have 4 controllers with the modded rumble packs, at the same time. That's why the battteries where done. Sony was lucky they didn't have 4 controller ports lol.

Its nothing offcial by nintendo

No. But it was a actual technical limitation. Not them being stupid in design. And the mod is just bridging two points on the board. Reconnecting the power pin. The Rumble Pak was designed to recieve power from the controller.

Kuksenkov said:
NX's launch title will be a weightlifting game featuring Captain Falcon, and then Sony will announce the equivalent with Kratos as the main character. I can already see it.

lol xD imagine

BMaker11 said:
hsrob said:
People can joke all they like about the WiiU but Nintendo would be foolish to let out any information about NX's unique selling point any sooner than they have to.

How long between iPhone announcement and release? Samsung announcement and release? Part of this is so as not kill momentum of the current product line but the other is the hope of one-upping the competition's features or tech.

They need to stop thinking of "unique selling points" and get their video game consoles sold on what they're used most for: video games.

Them taking a shot in the dark and targeting the "blue ocean" may have worked with the Wii, but even that only worked for 4 years (then Wii sales fell off a cliff). Otherwise, since the NES, Nintendo home console have been on the decline in units sold (in a time where console gaming keeps getting larger and larger). It's time to invest in new franchises instead of touting Mario and Zelda, and start rebuilding relationships with 3rd parties.

Sony has sold over 80M consoles with every console release, and they did it without some sort of "gimmick". Just straight up having the best games on their platforms. Whereas Nintendo has been alienating 3rd parties and sticking to the same franchises since forever, and the sales keep waning for them.

Unless their strategy, moving forward, is "find a successful gimmick that will fade into obscurity in a few years, but we'll have sold 100M units in that amount of time". I mean, I guess that works, since their consoles are always profitable from the jump, so they're always just sitting on cash, but there's gotta be a cost they have to pay that sitting on billions can't fix. Case in point: some of the big developers like Ubisoft and EA (as shitty as we think they are) straight up said they won't develop any more games for the WiiU. Nintendo may have money, but that situation means they could have more money, but they're missing out on it.

I concede that the unique selling point doesn't need to define the console but I would argue that Nintendo is in a position where it needs to have a differentiator of some sort. If they just release a carbon copy of the other two, they will end up in a three-way head butting contest against opponents with much bigger heads.

Thread has descended into a pissing contest, locking.