By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo thinks Sony and Microsoft will steal their next console idea.

This is a legitimate concern that ALL companies face when releasing a product. Nintendo should be extra concerned if differentiating qualities are what they are banking on. It's not like they haven't been copied in the past....

Around the Network

This statement shows who Nintendo is.

Let's show nothing and dis our competitors while we are at it.

This is not the Nintendo I know and love.

Goodnightmoon said:
mornelithe said:

Yeah that's just smart, honestly.  But trying to throw a shot at Microsoft/Sony, for something you're equally guilty of is hilarious.  They kinda need a better PR team.

There is no shot in there! They are stating the most logical truth! Jesus

No company should show it´s product so early because it loses the surprise factor and the competition can take some idea, that´s PURE LOGIC

Some of you are sooo ofended by that lol Can you think a bit? and read the oroginal text by the way, because that title is pure bullshit.

Yeah, ok...not sure why you think I'm offended.  Why would I really, deep down care?  And what the fuck is there to be offended about?  I'm actually more offended at your misuse of a word than anything Nintendo's done in the past...ever.   It's clearly phrased as a shot, as they could've delivered the exact same message, without including anything about copying.  And yes, every company innovates on other companies ideas.  That's how progress is made.  The 'hilarious' part, is them making that comment in light of their own innovations.

Again, not angry, not at all.  I may be one of the few people who really doesn't think the Wii U's situation will stop Nintendo as they have a history of bouncing back brilliantly and they provide unique experiences that focus on different areas than Sony and Microsoft.  My only issue is that I enjoy a much more diverse selection of games now, than I have in the past.

Platina said:
mornelithe said:

Yeah that's just smart, honestly.  But trying to throw a shot at Microsoft/Sony, for something you're equally guilty of is hilarious.  They kinda need a better PR team.

Not speaking for Nintendo of course, but I never intended to throw shots at MS/Sony, but I honestly don't see how my message is viewed like that :/

I do agree that their PR team is saying some questionable things though.. especially with all that damage control.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean for it to read that way.  I was both responding to you and the quoted comment in the OP.

mornelithe said:
Platina said:

Not speaking for Nintendo of course, but I never intended to throw shots at MS/Sony, but I honestly don't see how my message is viewed like that :/

I do agree that their PR team is saying some questionable things though.. especially with all that damage control.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean for it to read that way.  I was both responding to you and the quoted comment in the OP.

Oh okay, misunderstanding cleared!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Kyuu said:
Sony entered the console market quite late so of course they're going to copy many of the same ideas of the market leader while introducing new ideas. Like Nintendo was affected by Atari and others before them to an extent, but it's nonsense to claim that Nintendo can influence Sony and the opposite can't be true.

Wii's motion gaming clearly took inspiration from Ps2's Eyetoy
, (As did Kinect which was more of a direct copy) Sony also influenced Nintendo to eventually use the proper concept of Analog Stick (Dual) and ditch their incomplete single analog idea (which nobody will deny that it by itself is a great innovation) Copying and polishing ideas can help technology move forward. Being original for the sake of it is not beneficial for the industry.

And there is the second screen thing, wasn't that first implemented with PSP-PS3? why do people claim Sony copied the Wii U? Second screen is the natural and expected evolution. Nobody's copying anything from anybody people!

I gotta admit though, I'm not a fan of some of Sony's more blatant software rip-offs like the embarrassing Playstation Allstars, or "Pets" for the Vita. Not to mention Crash Team Racing but at least that game was excellent.

I seriously doubt this, Eyetoy wasn't even released by the time the Wii was in planning phase. R & D takes a lot of time you know. They're not even remotely the same.

so what about the r&d for the eyetoy?

or did it just magically pop into existance with the wave of a wand

How would Nintendo know about the R & D phase of the eyetoy unless they have spies working at Sony?
Eyetoy and Wii Motion controller aren't even remotely the same thing. PS Move, that thing is obviously inspired by the Wii motion controller.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Goodnightmoon said:

What a clickbait title, mother of God.

A company don´t want to talk about a new product that is not going to be here until 2017 because competition could copy them and people won´t be surprissed.

WHAT A CRAZY WORLD UH?

Let´s all hate Nintendo for doing the most fucking logical thing. LOL

Getting everyday more and more tired of VGC tbh.

Totally agree. I don't understand. It makes perfect sense for EVERY company to hold their cards close to their chest. The amount of ridiculousness in this thread is astounding.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Yeah no reason for Nintendo to be afraid at all

They want to have the same success of WiiU (Sony and Ms) so they 'll copy Nintendo. Sure

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Aerys said:
Nintendo became thé most arrogant among thé big 3

How does this make them arrogant? Most companies like to keep their ideas to themselves until the last possible moment. Nothing wrong with that. Everybody does it. Why does stating it all of the sudden make them arrogant?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.