By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo thinks Sony and Microsoft will steal their next console idea.

Nintendo became thé most arrogant among thé big 3

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Vor said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Well I think every single company out there wants to keep whatever they're doing with a next gen console a secret, not just Nintendo. So it could just mean that after Nintendo blabbed about the NX, they are now saying that they still want to keep it a secret so as to make it seem that the NX will still be in development for a long time.

My point is why they thing their competitor will steal their idea. Does Nintendo have some bad experience with this?

Wii: Kinect / Playstation move

/thread

This thread is more nonsense then what Iwata said. Why WOULDN'T they be scared of someone stealing their idea if they reveal it too early? Oh and by the way, competition doesn't only include Sony and Microsoft, it includes any company who could potentitally steal their idea. Jesus christ, I can't believe we actually have a thread arguing about this. It's basic knowledge that any global tech company uses.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

mornelithe said:
Johnw1104 said:

Dangit you beat my edit. But yeah, Sony and Microsoft very much tried to capitalize on the motion controls fad that wii had going for it.

People are only picking on Nintendo for saying this because they are, indeed, nintendo. Companies ALWAYS keep the details of their future products secret, and of the three only Nintendo has really been attempting to do something innovative and escape the conventional (possible exception of Microsoft this past gen which blew up in their first)... main problem for them is most favor visuals and familiarity over said "innovations".

I'll respond to your edit here, and just point out that I specifically said Wii, not Nintendo, or that Sony was first to the motion control game. 

I would honestly pick on any company for saying this, since it's the nature of all industry to innovate on other people's work.  Nintendo's done it, Sony's done it, Microsoft's done it, Apple's done it, Samsung's done it etc...  basically every company ever.

They do all say it, though. Everyone shoots down questions about their future hardware for that reason. Sure they essentially steal ideas from one another and build upon them, but generally you get a few years to run with your idea solo.

I happen to be one of the people that does generally prefer the conventional approach and am skeptical that they're on to something great here, but I don't know why everyone is completely ruling it out... For all we know they may indeed have some interesting ideas.

Johnw1104 said:
mornelithe said:

I'll respond to your edit here, and just point out that I specifically said Wii, not Nintendo, or that Sony was first to the motion control game. 

I would honestly pick on any company for saying this, since it's the nature of all industry to innovate on other people's work.  Nintendo's done it, Sony's done it, Microsoft's done it, Apple's done it, Samsung's done it etc...  basically every company ever.

They do all say it, though. Everyone shoots down questions about their future hardware for that reason. Sure they essentially steal ideas from one another and build upon them, but generally you get a few years to run with your idea solo.

I happen to be one of the people that does generally prefer the conventional approach and am skeptical that they're on to something great here, but I don't know why everyone is completely ruling it out... For all we know they may indeed have some interesting ideas.

I think there's great application for motion control, but, it takes time for those technologies to develop, and become affordable.  I personally loved Trials of Topoq on PS3.  It was really simple, yet super fun (like Marble Madness).  But, that's just rudimentary stuff.  I think Kinect could have some awesome application as well.  Yoga or Martial Arts, for example.  The Kinect should be able to tell the positioning of your limbs/joints etc... at all moments, and award points for posture/accuracy etc...  I'd actually get a Kinect if they got that concept running.

Morpheus appears to be an additional layer for the Move, and I think it's got some great potential (just like HoloLens, but for different reasons).  Now, will they be amazing successes and transform gaming as we know it?  Who knows...but watching how these companies play around with them will be fascinating as time goes on.

Vor said:
V-r0cK said:
97alexk said:

after the NX fusion console reveal, 3-4 years later, sony announces Playstation fusion xD im calling it right now

Nintendo NX Fusion will be a copy of Sony if true rumors of it are true.

Because it'll be like Sony's PSP/PSP Go.  You can bring your PSP/PSP Go anywhere then place it on a dock at home that's connected to your big screen TV and play using a Dualshock 3 controller.

Did we all forget that Sony PS2 had a motion controller (third party) before the Wii came out?

Everybody copies everybody that's how the industry works yet seems like alot of people like to turn a blind eye at Sony specifically.

They experimenting for Cross Play first with GC/GBA connectivity. Though it isn't the same with PSP/PS3.

So if nintendo partnered up with microsoft to make a nintendo PC console, would that destroy the internet?

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

What a clickbait title, mother of God.

A company don´t want to talk about a new product that is not going to be here until 2017 because competition could copy them and people won´t be surprissed.

WHAT A CRAZY WORLD UH?

Let´s all hate Nintendo for doing the most fucking logical thing. LOL

Getting everyday more and more tired of VGC tbh.

same here, after E3, everyone is getting really whiny about everything. Hating on this, and hating on that. getting really tiering :(

"may" =/= "will"

mornelithe said:
Johnw1104 said:

I think there's great application for motion control, but, it takes time for those technologies to develop, and become affordable.  I personally loved Trials of Topoq on PS3.  It was really simple, yet super fun (like Marble Madness).  But, that's just rudimentary stuff.  I think Kinect could have some awesome application as well.  Yoga or Martial Arts, for example.  The Kinect should be able to tell the positioning of your limbs/joints etc... at all moments, and award points for posture/accuracy etc...  I'd actually get a Kinect if they got that concept running.

Morpheus appears to be an additional layer for the Move, and I think it's got some great potential (just like HoloLens, but for different reasons).  Now, will they be amazing successes and transform gaming as we know it?  Who knows...but watching how these companies play around with them will be fascinating as time goes on.

I'm excited for the hololens and VR in general... Seeing people play Alien: isolation with VR was just too cool.

The biggest surprise to me is that nintendo has decided not to jump on the VR bandwagon... They're usually always pursuing any new means of playing video games. I suspect that the hardware is just too expensive to meet their usual "don't lose money on hardware" business model.

I keep saying it, the cool guy mentality and the need to do everything before everybody is one of the things that is going to kill Nintendo.

Does that confirm they will be going for a gimmick again?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.