By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo thinks Sony and Microsoft will steal their next console idea.

generic-user-1 said:
V-r0cK said:
97alexk said:

after the NX fusion console reveal, 3-4 years later, sony announces Playstation fusion xD im calling it right now

Nintendo NX Fusion will be a copy of Sony if true rumors of it are true.

Because it'll be like Sony's PSP/PSP Go.  You can bring your PSP/PSP Go anywhere then place it on a dock at home that's connected to your big screen TV and play using a Dualshock 3 controller.

Did we all forget that Sony PS2 had a motion controller (third party) before the Wii came out?

Everybody copies everybody that's how the industry works yet seems like alot of people like to turn a blind eye at Sony specifically.

Personally I don't care who steals what as long as who can do it better.  Like I find PS1's dual analog to be way more effective then Nintendo's N64 analong stick requiring your left hand to be in two different places to use the D-pad or analong.  And Sony's built-rumble  (that's now it every controller built-in) rather than some heavy add-on to your controller for the N64.

you are wrong about the psp, they just copyed the sega nomad.  allmost 10 years to late for beeing the first...

oh  and nintendo had motion controlls for the nes...    I love the powerglove...

the build in rumblepack isnt an innovation and who invente the analog stick is a good question, but it was before the ps.

(and sega did it best anyway)

I've always wanted a Nomad as a kid but didn't know it could hook up to the TV so that's neat.

What I was referring to from the PS2 was their motion control stick that's similarly like the Wiimote, where you can swing it like a sword and has buttons on it.  But it didn't have any sort of nunchuck attachment.  Nintendo did have motion controls before ie. powerglove but motion control was done ever before the powerglove as well.

Like i said everybody copies everybody, it's only a matter of who can use it best.  Clearly Nintendo won the motion control war last gen and well deserved of that.  But regardless if Nintendo thinks Sony and MS will steal their next console idea it's going to happen.  Any form or technology or business.

However, many talk like Nintendo is the 'almightly innovator' and that nothing they do was every copied, one form or another.

Side thought: Alot of people are saying Sony copied Wii U tablet with using the Vita, but the Vita came out before the Wii U and is able to play (limited) games from the PS3.  I've always thought that was one of the Vita's launch feature.  So who really came first for that?

Around the Network

Of course companies ''copy'' each others ideas and of course does Nintendo have the right to want to keep their ideas a secret. It's just that the way they say it makes them seem to be way too self-confident, as if they know that the NXs innovation will have the same impact on the market as the Wiis motion controls had (and even that wasn't there own idea).

People saying that Sony copied everything from Nintendo make me sad.
Pretty much everything Sony ''stole'' has already been done by other companies before Nintendo did them, or Sony evolved these innovations and made them better.

Trying to make Sony look like the villain in these kinds of threads mostly backfires.

bigtakilla said:
o_O.Q said:

"You were able to share pics on miiverse"

a concept which they took from the ps vita

" The only thing you couldn't do was capture video"

you can capture gameplay on the wii u? i didn't know that i also didn't know that you could broadcast gameplay, allow friends to play your games over the internet and play multiplayer games with only one person owning the game

imo these are far better features than something like offscreen play that instantly becomes irrelevent if you own your own tv

Yep, did it all the time on my xbone. Just got done playing zombies with my brother in Advanced Warfare, and over the weekend played Elder Scrolls Online, and I never paid a cent. On 360, I had Castlvania Harmony Of Dispair and Batman Arkham Imposter (with dlc) I played online completely free. As long as the VC has been around you could share games.

Also, 3ds and Wii also had the function to post pics to the Mii Plaza (before Vita) before their was miiverse.

i'm not talking about game sharing i was talking about game streaming i can have a friend allow me to stream his game temporarily without downloading or buying it before hand

"On 360, I had Castlvania Harmony Of Dispair and Batman Arkham Imposter (with dlc) I played online completely free."

was that a feature exclusive to those games? or was it a system wide feature as it is on the ps4? do you understand that there's a difference?

" 3ds and Wii also had the function to post pics to the Mii Plaza"

can you show me how that works?

the_dengle said:
KLAMarine said:
A company trying to keep a business secret a secret? Insane!

Nintendo must be the first company in the history of business to do this.

They shouldn't have explained what they were doing. Now other companies will steal their idea of keeping their ideas secret.

With all the leaks in the industry, some publishers need to steal that idea. 

look at the ps4 and ones controllers.
analog sticks, d-pad, diamont shaped bottons, shoulder buttons, wireless controller, etc.
nintendo started to making these things trends in the console industry, then they copied.

Is just history repeating.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

As many have pointed out, this was also possible during the GameCube days.

I've heard about this before but can you elaborate? was it possible to play a Gamecube game on GBA/DS? or is it the other way around? If it's the latter, then this is entirely different from the 2nd screen option we're talking about.

You could get a GBA adapter for GC to play GBA games on a TV screen.

Wind Waker featured the 'Tingle Tuner' in which you could use your GBA as a second screen map.

I think 4 swords had some GBA connectivity too.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Kyuu said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

As many have pointed out, this was also possible during the GameCube days.

I've heard about this before but can you elaborate? was it possible to play a Gamecube game on GBA/DS? or is it the other way around? If it's the latter, then this is entirely different from the 2nd screen option we're talking about.

In general, the GBA adaptor allowed the user to unlock content or use the GBA as a controller for the GameCube. In some cases, however, the GBA was a secondary screen, much like we see with the DS, 3DS, or Wii U (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_GameCube_–_Game_Boy_Advance_link_cable). In 4 Swords Adventures, it seems that if a GBA was connected to the GameCube, you could indeed play 4 Swords Adventures on your GBA, which is the example I believe you are looking for (http://youtu.be/ur8F1wgJqhQ). Around the 10 minute mark is when they start to show this. Even without this example, dual screen play was around before the PS3, which is what's important.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Rarely we see só many baddly informed posts, acusations and offense in the same thread.

If Nintendo just wanted to be secretive they could just not start talking about qol and nx so long before release you know.

And a lot of spin and rewriting history to defend or attack a company.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The true is both Sony & Microsoft took idea from Nintendo last gen & this gen.

Playstation Move & Playstation Vita. Note: I know Sony had Playstation Eye before Wii, but that's another story. xD

Kinect & Smartglass. Note: Microsoft had Vision camera device before Kinect.

archer9234 said:
Ruler said:
baloofarsan said:

This infographics tries to prove that Sony steal from everyone:

EDIT: "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Sorry about the trolling but there is copying between all competitors.

- sony steals but they make it often times better like building rumble pack inside the controller, there are literary games on the N64 which require you to put in the memory card to load and save your game and then switching back the rumble expansion if you want to have it (Quake 2). Not to mention that you need battries which is even more stupid.

The PS1 Dualshock came also with two analog sticks instead one.

- the triggers were invented by sega not microsoft

- the home button was invented by Sony with the PSP

The Rumble pack when modded can run with no batteries. You just can't have 4 controllers with the modded rumble packs, at the same time. That's why the battteries where done. Sony was lucky they didn't have 4 controller ports lol.

Its nothing offcial by nintendo