By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioware: Mass Effect 2 will probably stay Microsoft Exclusive

starcraft said:

At this point your thinking

At this point your slightly confused

And at this point your realising

"You're," not "your."

And no, a lot of people are not.  I'd kinda like to play Bioshock 1&2, though. 

Not on the HotBox, tho. 

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
starcraft said:

At this point your thinking

At this point your slightly confused

And at this point your realising

"You're," not "your."

And no, a lot of people are not. I'd kinda like to play Bioshock 1&2, though.

Not on the HotBox, tho.

Lol, thanks for the grammar lesson.

Why don't you play the Bioshock's on the Xbox 360 instead?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

My bad, everybody. I was so relaxed on my vacation when I posted it, I was on cruise control. Forgiven, please? Mucho gracias!!!!!

Aj_habfan said:
I am pretty suprised, considering the EA buyout and the fact that the first in the series had kind of underwhelming sales.
  What charts are you looking at for this info? Thanks for my daily laugh out loud session.

MS has two platforms both Windows based PC's and XBox 360. 100% guaranteed you will see a PC port of Mass Effect 2. Say 6 months after its been released on XBox 360 expect a PC version to come out. They did it with Gears of War and Mass Effect. The trend will continue. Expect Halo 3 to be out on PC in 2010, every Halo game gets ported from Xbox console to PC within 3 years.

Around the Network
libellule said:

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
360=2.4 mil
PS3=650,000

Fight Night Round 3
360=1.66 mil
PS3=520,000

Grand Theft Auto 3/Grand Theft Auto Vice City
PS2=Over 26 mil
Xbox=2.2 mil for GTA Double Pack

and RE4 or KILLER7

==> ALL these multiplateform delayed release depend of 1 thing u failed to see (even if u mentionned it for some games):

USERBASE !!

The "primary release plateform" is a secondary parameter here (as RE4/KIller7 underline it)

all is said ...

Whatever, about ME2, I dont see why it will come to the PS3 ...

Interesting analysis. As stated earlier, it may come to the PS3, but I think the being on the 360 for a little while is talking about the PC version, not the PS3 version. Has there been one story about the PS3 version of the game to start off with? I have yet to see one story even mentioning this. If someone can provide a source for ME2 hitting the PS3 - which I am sure the writers asked them at some point - I would appreciate it a lot.

My guess is EA traded MS 6 month exclusivity on ME2 for full PC rights and the ability to release on any system at a later date (maybe we will see an ME1,2 package for the PS3).

flagship said:
My guess is EA traded MS 6 month exclusivity on ME2 for full PC rights and the ability to release on any system at a later date (maybe we will see an ME1,2 package for the PS3).

MS has the publishing rights to ME1 so it's doubtful that game will ever appear on PS3.

Aj_habfan said:
I am pretty suprised, considering the EA buyout and the fact that the first in the series had kind of underwhelming sales.

Good one.  Lol.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

The first game was so-so, an average product that sold well, but not phenomenally. But now that its established itself as a big name franchise, the sequel will automatically do much better and most likely be a far more refined game. It's in Microsoft's best interest to keep the franchise exclusive to reap the fruits of its labor.

If this would go PS3, I'd expect a later release that wouldn't sell a fourth of the 360's version. But who knows.