By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioware: Mass Effect 2 will probably stay Microsoft Exclusive

starcraft said:
SleepWaking said:
The Huge story would also be a big problem if this title was ported to the Ps3, I think they took that under consideration.

Thats an excellent point.  IT would be hard to get into ME2 for a PS3 owner unless they did a lot of back-storytelling, but that would bore the crap out of PC and 360 gamers.  And that fact bodes well for ME3 exclusivity as well lol.

Hmm... not really. 

DMC4 has done exactly that, and it's sold pretty well on the 360 as well.  [DMC 1,2, and 3 were PS exclusive]

The big thing about ME's exclusivity will be how much money either Sony or MS will pay to keep it that way.  Since this is EA we're talking about. If EA believes they will make money on a PS3 version, and MS doesn't pony up any money, then expect a PS3 version.

Around the Network

Hmmm, but DMC isn't as story-driven as Mass Effect. Imagine if some of the personal relationships carry over to ME2, all the dialogs people will have missed. I can't see Sony actually PAYING for the second (or third) installment on a game with great but not fantastic sales. But your right in saying it will all come down to whether Microsoft pays EA (or gives them royalty deals) well enough for it to outweigh their expected PS3 earnings.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Spoilers removed. ~DKII

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 - Not very likely, but they could be thinking about it

Mass Effect 2 on PC - Probably 99% likely

Essentially what I've read is that I would win no matter what.

Jeez madskillz

You could have at least said *SPOILER ALERT*

I haven't beaten the game yet.

Around the Network

i like the play on words. i still didnt see a definant NO in there. on a PS3 version.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139

SKILLZ!!!! I HAVENT PLAYED THE DLC YET!!!!!!

BULLDOGG said:
i like the play on words. i still didnt see a definant NO in there. on a PS3 version.

The thread title didn't say there was one.  I still haven't seen a definite NO on God of War 3 coming to the Xbox 360, but that doesn't mean im hanging out for it;)

It's EA. If MS rolls up a wheelbarrow full of money, it will stay exclusive. If they don't, it will be multi-plat. It's that simple.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

THe key words here seems to be " at least for a short time " .

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184788