By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioware: Mass Effect 2 will probably stay Microsoft Exclusive

"I believe we'll be Xbox 360 exclusive for at least a short period of time," BioWare senior manager Matt Atwood revealed."

At this point your thinking it's timed exclusive and coming to the PS3 right? Wrong.

"We're still working out the details on that, but we've had a great relationship with Microsoft and done very well."

At this point your slightly confused, but still confident in your original assertion that Mass Effect 2 will make it to the PS3.

And after the exclusivity deal ends on 360, it looks like it's (expectedly) onward to PC for Mass Effect 2: "I think you'll see a PC version not too far away," said Atwood, confirming that the sequel will also be making its way to mouse and keyboard users.

"We haven't solidified the plans yet but we're headed in the direction where we want to be as close as possible [on PC]," he said.

And at this point your realising that it is highly likely that Microsoft have paid (or bargained with Mass Effect PC publishing rights) for Mass Effect 2 exclusivity.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184788

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I don't know...

EA isn't known for their exclusivity to a console.

But if so, still doesn't matter, I'll get to enjoy it.

EA is known for loving money. IF Microsoft simply said "cut us a deal on ME2 or your not publishing ME on PC," I suspect EA would have listened.

@DMeisterJ
I just got back from the hospital by the way. I had triple by-pass surgery. I don't remember much, but the doctors say my horrendous heart-attack was probably brought on by shock. Something about you not actually owning a PS3........

Yeah, EA does love money, if MS paid them off, I'm sure that Mass Effect will stay exclusive.

@ starcraft

ZOMG! Why does no one know that? I own the Microsoft XBOX 360. I'm always defending Sony because I feel that people are overly harsh on them, but yeah, I own and love my Microsoft XBOX 360, and thoroughly enjoyed ME 1.

I hope they can work the kinks out this time :x The technical issues seem a bit severe considering they'll probably want to make this game bigger than the last one xD Maybe they'll buckle down on two discs. Either way it should be good :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

I wouldn't mind two disks if they could find a way to do it. That said, it would be difficult for Mass Effect unless there was a logical point in the story to lock out some of the planets behind you.

But I reckon they'll get rid of the technical issues. Recent UE3 games have gotten rid of a lot of frame rate issues and texture pop-in problems and they are the only problems ME had. They'll get the latest UE3 version from Epic and ask for a little help with it and it'll be all good.

The Huge story would also be a big problem if this title was ported to the Ps3, I think they took that under consideration.

Αll I care about is that ME2 IS COMING pounding on lunar soil, and it will be better than its awesome predecessor. Anyway, PS3 audience is phenomenally hostile
against such ports (anyone remember Orange Box, anyone? Nope... thats what i thought...)

SleepWaking said:
The Huge story would also be a big problem if this title was ported to the Ps3, I think they took that under consideration.

Thats an excellent point.  IT would be hard to get into ME2 for a PS3 owner unless they did a lot of back-storytelling, but that would bore the crap out of PC and 360 gamers.  And that fact bodes well for ME3 exclusivity as well lol.