By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN 10 out of 10s by console

VGPolyglot said:
Arlo said:
Their standards and rating system have shifted a lot over the years. Last gen it felt like they were handing out 10's left and right.

On a 0-10 system in .5 increments I can better see a score of 10, but since they changed it back to .1 increments (essentially a 100 point scale), they don't usually make sense. All it takes is a single flaw to render it an imperfect score, but there are still a lot of 10's.

They gave 6 games a 10 during their .5 days, but since then they have given The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V a 10.

I was okay with Last of Us, but hearing about the glitches and problems with GTAV it made me a bit mad when they gave it a perfect score.

Around the Network

how the fuck can uncharted 3 have a 10/10 and uncharted 2 not

batgod said:

Uncharted 3 came out during the .5 era, while Uncharted 2 did during the .1 era, so it had more lenience compared to its predecessor.

This just reminds me on how dissapointed I am for these review sites for not giving a 10 to The Wonderful 101.

Just proves once again that revievv scores means very little.

I enjoyed PS1 and PS2 games in general more then PS3 games. And I enjoyed Gamecube and N64, SNes games more then vvii. And lastly I enjoyed XBOX games more then 360 games.

The perfect scores suggest othervvise. But I am sure overall aggregate scores for all games vvould look fine.

Around the Network

I didn't even know Metal Gear Solid was on the Gameboy Color.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Ka-pi96 said:
How the fuck did Pacman get a 10/10 on PS360? It was alright, but it was just Pacman, ya know a game that was released like 60 years ago with nothing new. It hasn't aged particularly well either...

"Pac-Man: Chamionship Edition" baby! God, Ioved that game. Literally played it for 16 hours straight to 100% the achievements and beat all of my friends high-scores.

EDIT: Did you only play the arcade port?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Oh, so Mario Golf gets a 10/10, but Mario Tennis GBC -- one of the greatest tennis games of all time -- doesn't? Where is the justice!?

I find it hilarous how OoT: 3D didn't score the same as the original... when in the review they explicitly said "best version of the game"

No 10's for Wii U or 3DS? Interesting.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

batgod said:

Some people prefer Uncharted 3 to 2 dude. Both are amazing games anyway.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3