By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN 10 out of 10s by console

Here ya go VG you can add this to OP if you have room. Kapi there aren't that many but their standards have definitely dropped over the years. Chrono Trigger/Cross, FF6/7/8/9/10, Xenogears etc were not given 40s. I mean it's arguable but ignoring those gems and giving Nintendogs a 40 is definitely blasphemy by anyone's definition XD

As of 2014, twenty two games have received perfect scores from Famitsu.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
ReimTime said:

On a different note it would be interesting to see Gamespot's and Famitsu's perfect scores as well if you ever get a chance to update this thread

And Famitsu's:

Nintendo 64 (1):

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Dreamcast (1):

SoulCalibur

PlayStation (1):

Vagrant Story

GameCube (1):

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Nintendo DS (3):

Nintendogs

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Pokémon Black/White

PlayStation 2 (1):

Final Fantasy XII

Wii (5):

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

428: Fūsa Sareta Shibuya de

Monster Hunter Tri

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

PS3 (6):

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Yakuza 5

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle

Grand Theft Auto V

XBox 360 (4):

Bayonetta

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Grand Theft Auto V

PSP (1):

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

3DS (1):

Kid Icarus: Uprising

ArchangelMadzz said:
Gamespot and IGN gave no 10's to 360 exclusives? You learn something new everyday.

IGN UK gave Halo: Reach a 10, but the original IGN didn't so I didn't include it in the list.

If there is one positive thing I can take away from these score choices, it is that I am glad there is such diversity in terms of what each gaming individual defines as perfection. It is also that reviewers have definitely become more lax in their ratings. I made a thread about review scores being undeservedly high in modern times months ago; now here is the very subjective proof.

Perhaps if I'm feeling ambitious I'll dig through all of Angry Joe's reviews to add his 10s to the list. I respect him very much as a reviewer.

Now the question is: Are these questionable choices of 10s justification enough to abolish the review scoring system, or simply overhaul it? Now I'm just getting out of hand

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:

If there is one positive thing I can take away from these score choices, it is that I am glad there is such diversity in terms of what each gaming individual defines as perfection. It is also that reviewers have definitely become more lax in their ratings. I made a thread about review scores being undeservedly high in modern times months ago; now here is the very subjective proof.

Yes, but one reason I believe is that IGN had a .5 scale for a few years before going back to the .1 scale, GameSpot switched to a .5 scale and Famitsu...I guess they have just lowered their standards

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
ReimTime said:

Yes, but one reason I believe is that IGN had a .5 scale for a few years before going back to the .1 scale, GameSpot switched to a .5 scale and Famitsu...I guess they have just lowered their standards

Which is why I tend to trust Metacritic and Gamerankings above all else when it comes to reviews. The average of many different review scores has a better chance of accurately informing me about my purchase. It's like getting a 90th opinion from a Doctor. I guess the only question then is how many of those Doctors are quacks haha.

Other than that this site has some very respectable reviewers, TotalBiscuit is informative, and Angry Joe isn't afraid to criticise; so I would recommend them.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

All the ones on the 360 are multiplats. lol

Mystro-Sama said:
All the ones on the 360 are multiplats. lol

Yep, even when including GameSpot and Famitsu (though Famitsu only gave the 360 version of Bayonetta a perfect score).

No 10/10s for 360 exclusives? No 10/10s for any Halo game? Wow. :o

Yeah the problem with IGN scores is they have 100 increments so it's even harder to get a 10.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One