By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - By its 1 year anniversary, Destiny will have $80~$100 worth of DLC. Is this ok?

I wasn't paying attention and only realized that when the "Taken King" controversy came up.

That is an awful lot, even by today's standards. I searched for other games from well-know "DLC publishers" to compare, and even them fall short of bungie/activision shooter.

Dragon Age Inquisition: $20
Far Cry 4: $30
Watch Dogs: $45
AC Unity: $9
Evolve: $40
CoD AW: $50

Is this ok?

Around the Network

Definitely not but if there are people willing to pay for it, we cant do anything about it.

No it's not. I hope other publishers don't follow Bungie/Activision and start doing this. :/

Destiny
The Dark Below
House of Wolves
The Taken King

=

$60

Destiny is akin to an MMO and it has no monthly fee so I am okay with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Destiny is akin to an MMO and it has no monthly fee so I am okay with it.

When people see that a single item in WoW costs $20-$30 they will know what is to be overpriced.

Shocking really. Bungie have tarnished their reputation with Destiny. Even though the game itself was very average, these tactics have made them look even worse in my eyes.

Doesn't Destiny gets expansions though? Added content that could very well fill a full-fledged sequel? If that's the case, I see no problem. Something like FFXIV will also have people spend a lot of money on "DLC" throughout the years, for example.

its a fantastic way to make people dislike the game. as someone who bought and played destiny from launch i can assure you i consider my self a fan of the game no more. dont get me wrong, the base game is good and fun, and i can see the new 60$ collectors edition with all the DLC to be very much worth it, but i bought the game at 60$, and i really dont want to spend another 80$~ or so just to get the "full experience". thanks but no thanks.

Next time i will wait a year or so for the same thing to happen, then by the game with all the DLC and shit, if i am still interested that is.

And in that base game plus $80-100 of DLC, you probably still don't get the full game.