By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Opinion: Is Nintendo being greedy with Super Mario Maker?

Tagged games:

Mario Maker seeems like a very fleshed out level creator, and all the features just make it amazing.

Wth that said, I wouldn't be willing to pay full price for a game like this.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I hope is not full priced or they are really greedy. Although, the comparision with LBP is nothing worth.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Why would I want to have a story mode if the idea of the game is to create my own stories?

What I think Super Mario Maker need is a way to create your own story. A couple of bubble messages that you can edit and an overworld map (like in SMB3).

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

As ruler said, as long as it isn't broken (Last year Christmas), I am perfectly fine with the package.

A good old "This is a Nintendo game and I feel like it is only worth half a "non-Nintendo"-game"-thread.

Could we at least wait until the game is out, so we know what we are paying and exactly what we are getting?

Around the Network

No, I don't think Nintendo is being lazy with Mario Maker. Mario Maker just has much more to offer than little big planet as a level editor. It has four very different unique artstyles which all play very different and it looks like it will have much more stuff to do than one can even imagine doing with little big planet.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

They said the same thing about Splatoon and it's always annoying.

itsFizz said:
From what I´ve read/seen I´d say they should simply price it accordingly. $20-20.99 with long term support of free dlc seems to be fair.
About the LBP comparison: LBP is a full game with an extensive creation mode (yes LBP is more than a simple lvl editor) whereas SMM, again as far as I know, is simply a level editor with reused assets. I really don´t know if there is a single new asset in that game. However SMM will sell boatloads (I predict 5m).

There are a lot of new asserts in the game.  A lot of modern elements have a new 8-bit version which didnt exist before. I am sure this is true for all the styles.

I am a nintendo fan, not a nintendo fanboy

luiaots said:
itsFizz said:
From what I´ve read/seen I´d say they should simply price it accordingly. $20-20.99 with long term support of free dlc seems to be fair.
About the LBP comparison: LBP is a full game with an extensive creation mode (yes LBP is more than a simple lvl editor) whereas SMM, again as far as I know, is simply a level editor with reused assets. I really don´t know if there is a single new asset in that game. However SMM will sell boatloads (I predict 5m).

There are a lot of new asserts in the game.  A lot of modern elements have a new 8-bit version which didnt exist before. I am sure this is true for all the styles.

Surprising you were the first person to correct him.  I was almost thinking about doing it myself.  

The difference is LBP has a very flashy and more extensive editor, but has a very weak foundation.
Mario Maker on the opposite has a simplier and less extensive editor but its foundation are great.
Hence I'm willing to pay much more for a Mario Maker than for a LBP.