By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Opinion: Is Nintendo being greedy with Super Mario Maker?

Tagged games:

At least Super Mario Makers will be released at 60 fps, smooth controls and physics and free of big bugs or glitches.

A friend of mine lost hours of work in LBP3 because the game decided to crash on him multiple times. And I heard the story mode in LBP3 wasn't good to begin with.

Around the Network

Will people say Sony copied Nintendo on this as well?

Four styles is more like 4 skin packs.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Does this game support online multiplayer where you can play other's people levels?. That was one of the reason I enjoyed the LBP series because I don't like to create, I like to play people's creation.

Angelv577 said:
Does this game support online multiplayer where you can play other's people levels?. That was one of the reason I enjoyed the LBP series because I don't like to create, I like to play people's creation.

Of course! :)

Not sure about online/local co-op though, haven't been following the game that closely.

DonFerrari said:
Will people say Sony copied Nintendo on this as well?

Four styles is more like 4 skin packs.

There have been Mario level editors online years before LBP existed. And seeing as the Nintendo-made levels look like rom hacks sometimes it's safe to say they were inspired by those unofficial rom hacks instead.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Angelv577 said:

Of course! :)

Not sure about online/local co-op though, haven't been following the game that closely.

nice.  IMO it should be worth it as long as the tools to create is deep enough.

100 levels designed by game designers are enough for non creators.
is more than SNES super mario world.

LittleBigPlanet 3, great example to choose the worst Game of the Franchise. How long is the Story Mode in LittleBigPlanet Games? 5 Hours? 6 Hours? It's just an excuse (like the Campaigns in Call of Duty or Battlefield) to present something and for teasing the other great things the Games has to offer. And of course, for the average Gamer it's nearly impossible to create a Level in LittleBigPlanet. You need time, skill and creativity. Aspects, you may also need in Super Mario Maker but there, it is on a whole other Level. It won't take hours for the average user to understand how to create Levels. Super Mario Maker was solely made for creating own Levels. In LittleBigPlanet, it is a feature.

And by the way, the creators give you a lot of fully playable custom Levels at the Start of Super Mario Maker. So, yes, it will be worth the full pricing because the fun of this Game will most likely be unlimited instead of a Story Mode which you finish after a few hours and with the chance of never play this mode again.

Be aware: English is not my native language. The Internetz is the only place I'm partly speaking this smooth language. And because my Signature is so boring, feel free to insert a lame Boob-Joke here: [Insert lame Boob-Joke here]

Warning: Nintendo and Übel Blatt Fangirl alert

100 levels, 4 unique game engine level set, and new gameplay mechanics seem fine at $60.

Plus it comes with a book.

you get to design your own mario game. MARIO game. your own. you get to design it! how is it NOT worth full retail price??