By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia Lied To Its Customers. Arkham Knight PC Port Done By 12 People

Written by TheArabGamer 23-06-2015 

Nvidia Lied To Its Customers. Arkham Knight PC Port Done By 12 People 

*Update*

The studio it was outsourced to is called Iron Galaxy Studios and was done by 12 people. Unbelievable! 

Original story

The plot thickens. Earlier today, people on Steam raged at the poorly optimized PC port of Batman Arkham Knight. Of course it didn't take long until Rocksteady issued a statement that it's looking into the issues. 

"Hi all

We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.

We'll update this thread when we've got more info to share.

Thanks

CODA"

From Nvdia's side things also sound a bit fishy. All the reported problems include normal or muddy textures, video and audio stuttering, and worst of all a 30 FPS lock. However, Nvidia's Batman Arkham video is showcased the game running at 60 FPS with ultra textures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=zsjmLNZtvxk

So what gives? Personally I feel the version that was released on Steam is unfinished. Rocksteady probably didn't want to announce a PC delay so opted to release a bad port and patch it later, which is sadly a standard we're seeing a lot in today's AAA industry world. It's also clear that they give more attention to the console port and outsourced the PC to external developers who couldn't do a decent job. That or the version we're playing is unfinished. 

In the end though the fault lies in Rocksteady as they were responsible for QA'ing their own product before releasing it. I really wanted to enjoy this game on PC but this news was so heart wrenching that I'm willing to ignore the game all together (unless I get a review copy). Thank god for Steam refunds though. 

http://www.vgstations.com/en/news/item/4012-batman-arkham-knight-pc-port-outsourced-to-external-developer.html

Around the Network

Shame because the game itself actually quite good.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Swear Nvidia lied about something else.

Random_Matt said:
Swear Nvidia lied about something else.

There was also the GTX 970 memory thing more recently too.

Thank goodness for Steam refunds. Hopefully Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, EA and other digital services change their attitude soon too.

Around the Network

I can't play this game and I have a computer that is legit.

Man, this is one of the worst PC releases I've ever seen.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I got AK for free when I bought my new PC, redeemed the code on launch day and haven't been able to play with a decent frame rate since. Too bad I can't get a refund but alas it was a free code. lol

Didn't they do the Borderlands 2 port for the vita?

Hiku said:

Wow, it was Iron Galaxy...?
Some of the people on that team are very new to gaming development, and rather inexperienced, with Killer Instinct Season 2 for XBO being their first real project.

No, they developed some other games before working on KI.

I'm guessing WB is to blame for not investing enough resources or rushing the PC port. Iron Galaxy has a pretty good history with ports, they even did Batman Arkham Origins for PC.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)