By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why BUY the Sony VITA?

ExplodingBlock said:
JRPGs

This, and visual novels. 

Same for the 3DS actually.

Around the Network

The Vita is an incredibly niche handheld for a very specific audience. Frankly, buying a Vita for anime-RPGs and indies, at least to me, is like buying a console that primarily only has racing sims... And indies.

If you're not super crazy into anime-RPGs, there is frankly zero reason to own one.

Aerys said:

Thé post hé quoted said " supported by nobody " , hé was wrong

Don't worry. You're not the only person on the internet who doesn't understand hyperbole.

I cringe hearing "Sony Vita" instead of "PlayStation Vita."

because you can have Miku with you anywhere, anytime

+ JRPGs and anime games of course. This year is just as crowded as last year, from just in the summertime there are 8-9 games I want to import (but sadly not enough time & money for all)

Around the Network

all the great consoles with gems on them sell like shit that is a good enough reason why to own a vita.

spemanig said:

The Vita is an incredibly niche handheld for a very specific audience. Frankly, buying a Vita for anime-RPGs and indies, at least to me, is like buying a console that primarily only has racing sims... And indies.

If you're not super crazy into anime-RPGs, there is frankly zero reason to own one.

resell as brand new on eBay in 15 years perhaps at an inflated price.

ThatDanishGamer said:
Burek said:
If you like Japanese games, you must buy a Vita.
If you don't like Japanese games, you're better off not buying it.

The western (i hate that word) games are very cheap. You can get many big games for almost nothing.

Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Wipeout and Uncharted just to mention a few.

They might be cheap, but if you factor in the cost of buying a Vita and a memory card, and the fact that there are no new western games coming (even FIFA quit on them), it's a fairly steep price for a few decent games. Games that are good, but not unmissable.

I have it, and other than serving for my daughter to start understanding more complex games (like Minecraft), and me playing some match3 games like Sparkle, it just sits in the drawer unused. 

Not a waste of 100€ (with a 8GB card and Uncharted), but in the rank of a bread making machine or a portable grill - fun for a little while, then put away and forgotten.

walsufnir said:
no sd-card, no cfw, no homebrew. no buy.

basicly you mention the gateway to piracy so what is good abou that?

Ruler said:
walsufnir said:
no sd-card, no cfw, no homebrew. no buy.

basicly you mention the gateway to piracy so what is good abou that?

Nope, not piracy. I would use it as an emulation machine. Like an NVidia shield which is also a very good emulation machine but Vita is cheaper.