By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why BUY the Sony VITA?

Protendo said:

Funny story, I got a rep as a Sony hater on GAF because I was vocal about the PSV flopping before release. All my reasons turned out to come true, which is unfortunate.

My thoughts, get PS+, use the cell phone app to create a huge backlog of PSV games and then buy the PSV on sale. It'll pay for itself and then some that way.

This. Ill get a vita when its less than $100 and then never buy a single game for it. 

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

PS Vita is an amazing handheld because:

- great Western games (Killzone Mercenary, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, LittleBigPlanet Vita, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Minecraft, Wipeout 2048, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified, Final Fantasy X / X2 HD Remaster, Rayman games, Mortal Kombat, Borderlands 2, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time...)

- great Japanese games (Persona 4: Golden, DanganRonpa games, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, Dragon's Crown, Tales of Hearts R, J-Stars Victory VS, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Disgaea games, Neptunia games...)

- PS1 games (Crash Bandicoot games, Spyro games, MediEvil, Gran Turismo games, Final Fantasy 1-9...)

- PSP games (Monster Hunter psp games, GTA psp games, Metal Gear Solid psp games, Ratchet & Clank psp games, God of War psp games...)

- great collections (Ratchet & Clank collection, Jak & Daxter collection, Sly Cooper collection, God of War collection, Metal Gear Solid collection...)

- PS Now (all PS3 games playable on PS Vita)

- Remote play (all PS4 games playable on PS4)

Came here to say all this, but you said it much better. So yeah, all this.

And also, Metal Jesus rocks. 

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Despite my love of trolling the Vita every chance I get, I can't deny it has a pretty fantastic library of games, including...

Persona 4 Golden
Freedom Wars
Gravity Rush
Soul Sacrifice
Tearaway
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Killzone: Mercenary
Final Fantasy X/X-2
Sly 4
Ys: Memories of Celceta

Certainly a lot more to play on it than my PS4!

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

the first time it came out I was gonna buy...but the memory card thing pissed me off so much. I was like FUUUU sony.

I was so BLOWN.

later down the road I was a bit sour on sony and switched tvs to samsung over time slowly of course and sold my ps3 to a MS store for a 100 credit on x1 and im really enjoying my decision. I hope ms makes a handheld.

right now i got the zelda 3ds basically got it for the gold awesomeness and link between worlds. bravely default and poke.  oh and i have all the marios i got them used on kjiji for cheap.  Only played one tho half way.  usually only when im board on a trip i play them.

ps3-sales! said:
As a former vita owner I can tell you that the vita is an amazing piece of hardware supported by nobody and contains almost zero AAA quality games.

Literally the worst supported handheld I've ever owned. I enjoyed Hotline Miami. That's about it.

Psp was better and the Ds is many times better.

Uhhg. Hogwash. And that Hotline Miami is your pick as the only game you enjoyed? UUUUUGGGGH. I have about 150 Vita games, and that is one of the few the I don't like. Lots of great games on the Vita. If Hotline Miami is "about it" for the list of good games on the Vita, you're ignorant. And the use of that term is not an insult, just an assessment. How any gamer could look at the Vita and say "I enjoyed Hotline Miami. That's about it", regardless of my opinion of said game, is beyond reason.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
KilleyMc said:

Sorry, but I don't count PSP games as part of Vita's library, I was referring to the ones made for the Vita. But hey, I didn't know that Xseed already announced a second one, that will help improve my opinion of the handheld. Was it Sen II or Zero no Kiseki?

I do for the titles that will get no physical release and be released solely for the Vita audience. A good example would be Inazuma Eleven for 3DS. That's a 3DS game that saw no DS release was put on 3DS eShop for that userbase. I consider it part of my 3DS library.

And Sen II is what was announced. I hope they're able to get it out faster!

Well, I'll be able to play it on my PSP, so it's still a PSP game for me, but I'll join you in that wish for a fast release of Sen II (at least please be faster than Sora SC)

My main problems with Vita are the lack of exclusives that fit my taste, as most of the games I like are also available for PS3 and I prefer home consoles, and the digital-only release (hate that) of some of the games I was interested in, like Oreshika, which means that I wont buy them until the price hits the ground.

KilleyMc said:
outlawauron said:

I do for the titles that will get no physical release and be released solely for the Vita audience. A good example would be Inazuma Eleven for 3DS. That's a 3DS game that saw no DS release was put on 3DS eShop for that userbase. I consider it part of my 3DS library.

And Sen II is what was announced. I hope they're able to get it out faster!

Well, I'll be able to play it on my PSP, so it's still a PSP game for me, but I'll join you in that wish for a fast release of Sen II (at least please be faster than Sora SC)

My main problems with Vita are the lack of exclusives that fit my taste, as most of the games I like are also available for PS3 and I prefer home consoles, and the digital-only release (hate that) of some of the games I was interested in, like Oreshika, which means that I wont buy them until the price hits the ground.

I think this is the only remaining valid argument with regards to the Vita software lineup.

Guessing you're US? Oreshika is £8.00 on the EU store at the moment.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
KilleyMc said:

I think this is the only remaining valid argument with regards to the Vita software lineup.

Yeah, US region, and I'll wait for it to enter a flash sale. It's a game I'd have bought on day one if a retail version was available, when that doesn't happen I always decide to focus on something else. I think that's a valid problem with the Vita, many gamers still prefer retail versions.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm on a trip right now and don't have easy access to an internect connecton.

KilleyMc said:
MikeRox said:
KilleyMc said:

Yeah, US region, and I'll wait for it to enter a flash sale. It's a game I'd have bought on day one if a retail version was available, when that doesn't happen I always decide to focus on something else. I think that's a valid problem with the Vita, many gamers still prefer retail versions.

I certainly get that! I'm collecting English language physical Vita releases and yeah it was a massive shame Oreshika didn't get a Western physical release. If physical is a priority though, you can import an Asian version which has the full English translation on the card :) That will be how I eventually get the game along with a few others like the first Sword Art Online.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.