By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XBO: Official Exclusives Thread

Who has the better line-up in 2015

Playstation 4 653 71.92%

Xbox One 255 28.08%

Total:908
Azzanation said:
Normchacho said:

But there is a difference between a remastered version of a game, and just being able to play an old game on new hardware. I'll explain.

If Halo 3 had launched on the Xbox One instead of the 360, but still looked like it did on the 360, it would have been panned for looking like garbage for a $60 game. The same goes for games like TLOU. Take Mario 64, that game got great reviews when it came out on the N64. But if it had launched on the Wii U, it would have been murdered. Games are reviewed relative to their time.

Remastered games actually do have to stand on their own merit aswell. Take GOWIIIR. On the PS3, it reviewed really well (92 on meta), but the remastered version didn't get significant enough changes to justify it, and so it's score dropped to 81. Rare Replay is another good example. It's score is lower than the score of several of the games included and that's because times have changed and the industry has moved on.

P.S. Halo 2 may be a remake, but it's still a 360 game and it's still certainly not made to the level of  8th gen games.

I am sorry but Halo 2 is a remake. Just because its bundled in with 4 other Halo games doesnt mean there all just upscaled versions. Halo 2 looks better then most next gen FPS games. Those screen shots above are very misleading as Killzone single player mode averages 30 to 45 frames where as Halo 2 is a flat 60. Very poor comparison.

Framerate Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkQxzPVzweU (Killzone Shadowfall)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=20&v=4R6nB6YU8gk (Halo 2 Anniversary)

Quote *P.S. Halo 2 may be a remake, but it's still a 360 game and it's still certainly not made to the level of  8th gen games.* Lol really?

I can argue that i think Halo 2 Anniversary looks just as good as Killzone SF.

Still these lists are just bia fanboy nonsense trying to justify there purchase. If i wanted to, i can make a list for PC and show the world how many exclusives PC gamers have, but to me thats not what makes a great machine.

1. KZ is also full 1080p, where Halo isn't.

2. hahaha which 8th gen fps games look worse than Halo 2: A? Not Battlefield 4 or Hardline, not CoD: AW, or Battlefront, or Destiny, or Wolfenstein, or Farcry 4...

Bold: I guess that's true, you could argue that. Just like I could argue that Halo 3 looks better than Halo 5. I mean, we'd both be demostratably wrong...but we could argue those points.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

Still the same game just uprez and better fps. Technically speaking, that would make all pc games exclusives. The only reason we are listing 360 games as part of the xbox one library is because ps fans are listing a bunch of old ps3 games for the ps4 that has been ported with little to no changes. 

You say this a lot, and people explain to you that this isn't true pretty much every time...

Please, sony porting games to ps4 and charging near full price without much difference is sad. Hell, the uncharted collection doesn't even have online. At least when Microsoft make game from 360 gen to xbox one they actually REMAKE the game and adds more value to it by adding other games and content as a bonus. It would be so simple for Microsoft to go "here is alan awake you played already, now we up the rez and fps, enjoy", but they actually remake the game from the ground up.

Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:

You say this a lot, and people explain to you that this isn't true pretty much every time...

Please, sony porting games to ps4 and charging near full price without much difference is sad. Hell, the uncharted collection doesn't even have online. At least when Microsoft make game from 360 gen to xbox one they actually REMAKE the game and adds more value to it by adding other games and content as a bonus. It would be so simple for Microsoft to go "here is alan awake you played already, now we up the rez and fps, enjoy", but they actually remake the game from the ground up.

I...what? Did you not read what I post? I said that you are incorrect in your assersion that Sony only just ups the res and fps and call it a day. As has been pointed out to you several times.

Also...I'd like a source saying Halo 2 was remade from the ground up. I know Gears is being remade, but all I can find for Halo is that 6 of the maps were remade, and they changed the textures on the rest of the game. They did change the cut-scenes to CGI aswell, but I'm not finding anything that says the totally remade the game (new models, redid the motion capture, ect.)

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

I...what? Did you not read what I post? I said that you are incorrect in your assersion that Sony only just ups the res and fps and call it a day. As has been pointed out to you several times.

Also...I'd like a source saying Halo 2 was remade from the ground up. I know Gears is being remade, but all I can find for Halo is that 6 of the maps were remade, and they changed the textures on the rest of the game. They did change the cut-scenes to CGI aswell, but I'm not finding anything that says the totally remade the game (new models, redid the motion capture, ect.)

Not to butt n but Halo 2 was an original Xbox game.  It was remade for the Xbox One and it has a feature where you just push a button to flip back to the old school 2004 graphics.  I mean, it's pretty obvious.  It's like taking Killzone 1 from the PS2 and giving it PS4 graphics.

The other games in the MCC are just HD upres and better fps but Halo 2 had a lot of work out into it.  I literally just Google searched "Halo 2 remade from the ground up" and got confirmation!

d21lewis said:
Normchacho said:

Not to butt n but Halo 2 was an original Xbox game.  It was remade for the Xbox One and it has a feature where you just push a button to flip back to the old school 2004 graphics.  I mean, it's pretty obvious.  It's like taking Killzone 1 from the PS2 and giving it PS4 graphics.

The other games in the MCC are just HD upres and better fps but Halo 2 had a lot of work out into it.  I literally just Google searched "Halo 2 remade from the ground up" and got confirmation!

Could I bother you for a link? All I was able to find was some forum posts, nothing official.

Either way though, the end result doesn't measure up to modern standards. Not to say it doesn't look good, but it wouldn't pass as an 8th gen game on its own.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

Could I bother you for a link? All I was able to find was some forum posts, nothing official.

Either way though, the end result doesn't measure up to modern standards. Not to say it doesn't look good, but it wouldn't pass as an 8th gen game on its own.

Maybe not eighth gen but maybe cross gen? I dunno. I never got around to buying it.

I guess I was wrong about the "remade from the ground up" comment. I clicked on the ones that popped up and, as you said, all I get are forum posts.

If we don't count remasters/ ports/ indies (collections like UNDC & MCC are eligible) from the previous generation, PS4 still has more first/ third party games, with higher Meta's (80+) as well. What are XOne gamers smoking?

BloodBorne = 92
Infamous Second Son = 80
Guilty Gear Xrd = 84
MLB 14 The Show = 83
MLB 15 The Show = 80

UNDC, Persona 5, Tearaway can all score good (80 - 90) & DQ Heroes, Until Dawn should be solid (bit lower).

TitanFall (TF2 confirmed PS4 so the original might even be ported over) = 86
MCC = 85
Forza Horizon 2 = 86
Rare Replay = 85

Halo 5 will score great (85 - 90ish), Fable is F2P (hard to predict), Forza 6 will do good, RoTR is timed.

2016 is looking even stronger for the PS4.

PotentHerbs said:
If we don't count remasters/ ports/ indies (collections like UNDC & MCC are eligible) from the previous generation, PS4 still has more first/ third party games, with higher Meta's (80+) as well. What are XOne gamers smoking?

BloodBorne = 92
Infamous Second Son = 80
Guilty Gear Xrd = 84
MLB 14 The Show = 83
MLB 15 The Show = 80

UNDC, Persona 5, Tearaway can all score good (80 - 90) & DQ Heroes, Until Dawn should be solid (bit lower).

TitanFall (TF2 confirmed PS4 so the original might even be ported over) = 86
MCC = 85
Forza Horizon 2 = 86
Rare Replay = 85

Halo 5 will score great (85 - 90ish), Fable is F2P (hard to predict), Forza 6 will do good, RoTR is timed.

2016 is looking even stronger for the PS4.

None of any of that matters when the Xbox One owns fourth quarter. Pretty much anyone who denies this at this point is in true denial. Sure, the PS4 might have a lot of good AA and mid ranged titles but MS took the year for sure. Halo, Gears, Tomb Raider and Forza settled the score for the rest of the year. Almost all of my loyal Nintendo friends opted for an Xbox One this year. Thats saying a lot because they only play PC and Nintendo.

this is nowhere near as close as I thought it would be

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

d21lewis said:
Normchacho said:

Maybe not eighth gen but maybe cross gen? I dunno. I never got around to buying it.

I guess I was wrong about the "remade from the ground up" comment. I clicked on the ones that popped up and, as you said, all I get are forum posts.

Yeah, from what I can tell they ported the game over to a new engine, redid the cut-scenes, and the audio, and then upped the textures and such. Plus they redid a handful of the multiplayer maps. So, it's a pretty thorough remaster, but still not a remake.

Not really, I mean...it still doesn't look at good as Halo 4 even. Though Halo 4 is a really beautiful game. Still a great improvement for a two gen old game, but some on here want us to think that it is on the same level as some of the best looking 8th gen games.

Bet with Adamblaziken: