By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XBO: Official Exclusives Thread

Who has the better line-up in 2015

Playstation 4 653 71.92%

Xbox One 255 28.08%

Total:908

The Xbox One certainly has more "big" games this year than the PS4 does. But for my personal tastes, I'm glad I have a PS4 this year rather than an Xbox One. They just waited so damn long to release any worthwhile games this year. Plus, the PS4 has gotten a ton of really good digital exclusives this year.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Just saw an error in the list!

Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn is listed for PS4 in 2014, but there isn't Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward in June 2015, in retail too...

Samus Aran said:
The_BlackHeart
Here come the "Quality over Quantity" XBox excuse.

What they don't want to is that the PS4 currently has more 90+ scored games that both XB1 and WiiU together.

Total games per platform

PS4: 10
WiiU: 7
XB1: 2

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4/filtered?sort=desc

PS4 = Quality . PS4 = Quantity.

GTA V: a last-gen remaster, also on xbone.

TLOU R: a last-gen remaster of a one year old PS3 game.

Journey: another PS3 game...

Bloodborne: wow, an original game in this list!

TW3: also on xbone...

Shovel Knight: also on xbone and Wii U, the exact same game but isn't 90+ on those other consoles. This should tell you how useless metacritic is.

Flower: a mere PS3 port...

Diablo III: a remaster of a PS3 game, also on xbone...

Fez: a mere PS3 port...

Rayman Legends: also on Wii U and Xbone...

What a truly pathetic list. Should we count the Wii U VC and BC as well now? 9 out of 11 games are also on the PS3 lol. 5 of them are also on the XBONE.

This is exactly why these lists are stupid. Not only do they prove arrogance but also prove how unintellangent some people are. List wars are broken and from the post above shows that even the exact same games released on both platforms can have different meta scores. Apart from Bloodborne the X1 1st party games have all recieved better reviews if we are comparing game to game like DriveClub vs Horizon 2 or Killzone SF vs Halo MCC or Infamous SS vs Sunset Overdrive etc.

If you want to start comparing Remasters then ill be including BC games aswell, theres some nice 360 games available for the X1 like Halo Reach and the entire Gears collection which have all recieved 90+ meta scores and thats just those games. There a hell of alot more.

Azzanation said:
Samus Aran said:
The_BlackHeart
Here come the "Quality over Quantity" XBox excuse.

What they don't want to is that the PS4 currently has more 90+ scored games that both XB1 and WiiU together.

Total games per platform

PS4: 10
WiiU: 7
XB1: 2

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4/filtered?sort=desc

PS4 = Quality . PS4 = Quantity.

GTA V: a last-gen remaster, also on xbone.

TLOU R: a last-gen remaster of a one year old PS3 game.

Journey: another PS3 game...

Bloodborne: wow, an original game in this list!

TW3: also on xbone...

Shovel Knight: also on xbone and Wii U, the exact same game but isn't 90+ on those other consoles. This should tell you how useless metacritic is.

Diablo III: a remaster of a PS3 game, also on xbone...

Fez: a mere PS3 port...

Rayman Legends: also on Wii U and Xbone...

What a truly pathetic list. Should we count the Wii U VC and BC as well now? 9 out of 11 games are also on the PS3 lol. 5 of them are also on the XBONE.

This is exactly why these lists are stupid. Not only do they prove arrogance but also prove how unintellangent some people are. List wars are broken and from the post above shows that even the exact same games released on both platforms can have different meta scores. Apart from Bloodborne the X1 1st party games have all recieved better reviews if we are comparing game to game like DriveClub vs Horizon 2 or Killzone SF vs Halo MCC or Infamous SS vs Sunset Overdrive etc.

Sunset Overdrive isn't first party, and it's metacritc is only 1 point higher than Infamous SS (and it's user score is lower). Plus, How can you complain about remasters and then hold up Halo MCC to the same level as a full fledged next-gen game?

Other than those two things, I agree that list wars over the quality of games is pretty silly. As you said, some multiplatform games get different scores for different systems, and usually the most popular platform has way more reviews of the same games. Most importantly though, is that people have different tastes. What makes a lineup better for you, might make it worse for me.

I do think list wars can be entertaining, but I don't think comparing quality really makes any sense. Popularity maybe, but not quality.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Azzanation said:

Sunset Overdrive isn't first party, and it's metacritc is only 1 point higher than Infamous SS (and it's user score is lower). Plus, How can you complain about remasters and then hold up Halo MCC to the same level as a full fledged next-gen game?

Other than those two things, I agree that list wars over the quality of games is pretty silly. As you said, some multiplatform games get different scores for different systems, and usually the most popular platform has way more reviews of the same games. Most importantly though, is that people have different tastes. What makes a lineup better for you, might make it worse for me.

I do think list wars can be entertaining, but I don't think comparing quality really makes any sense. Popularity maybe, but not quality.

Halo 2 is technically a remake. However, I find it sad when people include ps3 games to boost ps4 library then go bc doesn't count because the games don't have the xbox one label hur dur.

Around the Network

I'd really like to play TLOU, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Dreamfall Chapters and maybe InFamous, but Xbox has the better lineup for me. And with Gears4 incoming, also for 2016 :P

Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:

Halo 2 is technically a remake. However, I find it sad when people include ps3 games to boost ps4 library then go bc doesn't count because the games don't have the xbox one label hur dur.

But there is a difference between a remastered version of a game, and just being able to play an old game on new hardware. I'll explain.

If Halo 3 had launched on the Xbox One instead of the 360, but still looked like it did on the 360, it would have been panned for looking like garbage for a $60 game. The same goes for games like TLOU. Take Mario 64, that game got great reviews when it came out on the N64. But if it had launched on the Wii U, it would have been murdered. Games are reviewed relative to their time.

Remastered games actually do have to stand on their own merit aswell. Take GOWIIIR. On the PS3, it reviewed really well (92 on meta), but the remastered version didn't get significant enough changes to justify it, and so it's score dropped to 81. Rare Replay is another good example. It's score is lower than the score of several of the games included and that's because times have changed and the industry has moved on.

P.S. Halo 2 may be a remake, but it's still a 360 game and it's still certainly not made to the level of  8th gen games.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Kyuu said:
Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:

Nobody listed PS1/PS2 games during the 6th and 7th gen as part of PS2 and PS3 libraries. So why are we doing this now? Remastering games, doubling resolution/framerate isn't the equivalent of a straight port or a compatible game from an older generation.

Still the same game just uprez and better fps. Technically speaking, that would make all pc games exclusives. The only reason we are listing 360 games as part of the xbox one library is because ps fans are listing a bunch of old ps3 games for the ps4 that has been ported with little to no changes. 

Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

But there is a difference between a remastered version of a game, and just being able to play an old game on new hardware. I'll explain.

If Halo 3 had launched on the Xbox One instead of the 360, but still looked like it did on the 360, it would have been panned for looking like garbage for a $60 game. The same goes for games like TLOU. Take Mario 64, that game got great reviews when it came out on the N64. But if it had launched on the Wii U, it would have been murdered. Games are reviewed relative to their time.

Remastered games actually do have to stand on their own merit aswell. Take GOWIIIR. On the PS3, it reviewed really well (92 on meta), but the remastered version didn't get significant enough changes to justify it, and so it's score dropped to 81. Rare Replay is another good example. It's score is lower than the score of several of the games included and that's because times have changed and the industry has moved on.

P.S. Halo 2 may be a remake, but it's still a 360 game and it's still certainly not made to the level of  8th gen games.

I am sorry but Halo 2 is a remake. Just because its bundled in with 4 other Halo games doesnt mean there all just upscaled versions. Halo 2 looks better then most next gen FPS games. Those screen shots above are very misleading as Killzone single player mode averages 30 to 45 frames where as Halo 2 is a flat 60. Very poor comparison.

Framerate Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkQxzPVzweU (Killzone Shadowfall)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=20&v=4R6nB6YU8gk (Halo 2 Anniversary)

Quote *P.S. Halo 2 may be a remake, but it's still a 360 game and it's still certainly not made to the level of  8th gen games.* Lol really?

I can argue that i think Halo 2 Anniversary looks just as good as Killzone SF.

Still these lists are just bia fanboy nonsense trying to justify there purchase. If i wanted to, i can make a list for PC and show the world how many exclusives PC gamers have, but to me thats not what makes a great machine.

Snoopy said:
Kyuu said:
Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:

Nobody listed PS1/PS2 games during the 6th and 7th gen as part of PS2 and PS3 libraries. So why are we doing this now? Remastering games, doubling resolution/framerate isn't the equivalent of a straight port or a compatible game from an older generation.

Still the same game just uprez and better fps. Technically speaking, that would make all pc games exclusives. The only reason we are listing 360 games as part of the xbox one library is because ps fans are listing a bunch of old ps3 games for the ps4 that has been ported with little to no changes. 

You say this a lot, and people explain to you that this isn't true pretty much every time...

Bet with Adamblaziken: