By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How should we look at the backward compatible games?

We don't count PSNow titles as exclusives (at least the majority don't seem do, there's inevitably a minority that do), nor Wii titles WiiU exclusives, so i don't see why we would here.

I consider something like the MCC or TLOU:R a console exclusive since they're still exclusive to their respective brands (in one form or another), and they providing an experience completely out of reach for the PS3/360 (usually in the form of a significant performance and/or graphics upgrade), but that's not the case with the X1's BC. Currently it at most provides a modest upgrade through stuff like v-sync (making the performance hit worthwhile for tearing-heavy games like PDZ), but those upgrades aren't out of reach for the 360. It's simply that the games in question don't make very good use of the 360's hardware, usually because of their age.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:

Should MS create a market place for it on X1 so that people who never owned a 360 can buy in on this treasure of games from MS?

I kinda assumed that this will happen anyway. Since they are already making an effort to make those games playable, why not make some extra money, $5-10 per game or something.

You were able to buy OG XB games on X360, so they should do this as well.

Should Xbox 360 exclusives be counted an XB1 exclusives? Definitely not. They are Xbox 360 exclusives, end of. The same way that Digital titles that are 'exclusive' to PS4 but have already been out on Xbox 360 for years prior, are not exclusive.

I would love to see an Xbox 360 marketplace on the XB1, but yeah, they shouldn't be given any credit in terms of 'this is a platform exclusive to XB1'.

XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN

LudicrousSpeed said:
Looking at the amount of cheap indie PC ports people here have been throwing around in list wars as "PS4 exclusives", I have no qualms with including gems like Mass Effect 1 and Toy Soldiers as Xbone exclusives.

I joked about list wars dying when MS announced BC but it all depends on whether one side wants to answer pettiness with more pettiness.

This is kind of my point with this thread. The focus is way to much on trying to squeeze the word "exclusive" into a personal definition of what it is instead of discussing what we view as the best system. People use quantative numbers as indicative of quality, which is the same as fooling yourself. If every little indie title should be included, why not include the 360 games aswell, along with remakes and such? Then it will be almost impossible to define what console has the most exclusives.

Same way we look at PSNow games, Wii-U backwards compatibility, and more...

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Should they count as exclusives for Xbox One? Have games playable with backwards compatibility been counted as exclusive for any other console that has ever had backwards compatibility? No, so why should this time be any different?

At the same time Perfect Dark has received a Clear visual upgrade although not on the same level as, say TLoU. As far as I can tell, the games are reprogrammed by MS themselves, I cannot put the original game in the tray and play from the disc, so it does not seem to be actual BC.

But you do have to insert the disc in order to play the game unless you bought it digitally.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Well I will be adding all of the Rare 30 games to the list.

Puppyroach said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Looking at the amount of cheap indie PC ports people here have been throwing around in list wars as "PS4 exclusives", I have no qualms with including gems like Mass Effect 1 and Toy Soldiers as Xbone exclusives.

I joked about list wars dying when MS announced BC but it all depends on whether one side wants to answer pettiness with more pettiness.

This is kind of my point with this thread. The focus is way to much on trying to squeeze the word "exclusive" into a personal definition of what it is instead of discussing what we view as the best system. People use quantative numbers as indicative of quality, which is the same as fooling yourself. If every little indie title should be included, why not include the 360 games aswell, along with remakes and such? Then it will be almost impossible to define what console has the most exclusives.

Yes, so I will make a massive list just because so many have before us, while using indies from PC to prove thier point, so If that gets a list, so does this. Personally i don't think indies should be counted at all, so this is fair game.