By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If History Repeats Itself, The NX May Sell Less Than The WII U!

Tagged games:

I completely agree with you on this. I just don't thnk Nntendo has the resources to compete with Sony, Microsoft, Apple, and Google in the home media center market.

For the NX to succeed they have to bring a better platform than the PS4 and XBO, and at this point I don't see any way they can do this. The only way they have a chance is major partnerships with 3rd parties, and multimedia providers. The problem with that, however, is the lack of a userbase. Sony and MS have to battle to get content because there are competitors with much larger userbases than even 360 or PS4. It has taken Sony 18 months to start getting scoring partnerships, and it is going to take another 18 months before all of these partenerships come to fruition.

I could be way off, but I think NX will struggle to reach 10M units even if it last 5+ years on the market. This will be Nintendos last platform, both home and mobile markets will be lost, and they will have to go 2nd or 3rd party.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

If history repeats itself we may get 100 more stupid topics predicting the sales of a console we know nothing about.

This is getting way, way out of hand. NX topics are poluting the hot topics every time I come on here.

So by following the chart (ignoring the Wii) looks like their next home system will sell at most 1M (dropping by ~10M per gen) Nintendo is doomed for sure :/

But seriously. We have no idea what their next console is so it's way to early to tell

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Mummelmann said:
This is getting way, way out of hand. NX topics are poluting the hot topics every time I come on here.

Now that the Wii U is on its way out, expect many more to come...hey, eventually we´ll probably get a John Lucas thread about how the NX will sell 300 million or something.

Around the Network

I simply love all these NX threads.. I can't even imagine how many threads there are going to be when Nintendo starts talking about it!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

How dare someone talk about a sequence which has been happening ever since Nintendo started in the home console business and then state that there could be a possibility of that same sequence continuing with Nintendo's next system. How dare they >_>.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

It may. I don't think it will.

One thing's for sure. Nintendo can't just rely on their fans alone to purchase NX. Look where that got the WiiU.

In their credit. Nintendo did try to tap into an audience of tablet users... from a gaming perspective which exploded in their face.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

RolStoppable said:
Mr.Playstation said:

How dare someone talk about a sequence which has been happening ever since Nintendo started in the home console business and then state that there could be a possibility of that same sequence continuing with Nintendo's next system. How dare they >_>.

Not a strong defense for your reasoning.

How exactly?

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P