By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: I think it is very fair to say that if a game is indie, it's indicative of its poor quality

I think the purpose of indies are just to create a new concept that bigger studios can expand upon if they fail at executing it.

Around the Network

GribbleGrunger said:

Trust me, it matters. I'm sure lots of posters who come to this thread during the day will fully understand why I've asked that question.

Ahhh, I get what you mean.

You are right that a lot of indies are uninteresting, but they are a good change of pace from the usual billion dollar AAA games.

GribbleGrunger said:
Trunkin said:
GribbleGrunger said:
What console do you own?

Most Indies can be played on a $200 windows 8 tablet, lol. I don't think it really matters.

Trust me, it matters. I'm sure lots of posters who come to this thread during the day will fully understand why I've asked that question.

Ya, I think lawlight is the opposite of what you are trying to imply. 

Commenting my true opinions on the OP could get me banned, or at least warned.

So I'll just sensor myself. That's pretty silly.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
You should play Journey. That's a true quality title, regardless of wether it's a indie game or a 'normal' game.

Don't trust this man. Journey is okay, but nowhere the quality of the developers previous work, Flower. Play that one instead.

Wright said:
Teeqoz said:
You should play Journey. That's a true quality title, regardless of wether it's a indie game or a 'normal' game.

Don't trust this man. Journey is okay, but nowhere the quality of the developers previous work, Flower. Play that one instead.

Don't listen to this man, he loves Resi 5 and 6. He clearly has horrible taste.

Yeah I'm not gonna say that as a blanket statement. However I must say that indie games' reviews are totally untrustworthy. While I've greatly enjoyed Unfinished Swan, Journey, Flower, and a few others the amount of 80+ meta indie games that I've found to be the most uninteresting pieces of garbage is really staggering.

I am Iron Man

Teeqoz said:

I think there is a difference between 'indie' and an indie game that has received help from a bigger developer/publisher. Admittedly some indie titles are fantastic, but most 'Indie' games people love received backing from a bigger studio, Journey is a perfect example of that.

XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN

I definitely disagree with your thesis.

Sure, there are a lot of poor "indie" games. But there are a lot of crummy "AAA" games, too. I've said it a million times: you need to know where to look.