By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony isn't 100% sure The Last Guardian will release next year

Are you still excited?

Yes 107 50.23%

No 41 19.25%

So much hype out of nothing... 65 30.52%

Total:213
Torillian said:
DonFerrari said:

That is a lie... TheDrill was permabanned after he lost the bet with me about X1 outselling PS4 globally in USA before April 2015.

While I might be mistaken about this (this is based mostly on Craig's old standby answers that I'm remembering and no recollection of Smeags changing things) the example you cite doesn't really seem to work with that.  

This is TheDrill's ban note: "Permaban - Trolling (As you wrote, all good things must come to an end. Your tenure on this forum has come to an end, as well. This OP is one massive trolling attempt against Xbox fans and devotees. In fact, based on your admission in this thread, your entire posting career on this site has been an elaborate troll attempt. That history of trolling, combined with the language on your wall ("Seeing how the mods treat me I'm afraid I might get banned if I do that. Many mods are big fanboys. Of all the forums I frequent I think this one has the most corrupt mods ever.") and the fact that you reposted a locked thread leads us to believe you're not ready to be a member of this community. Goodbye.) "

no mention of a bet to my knowledge, I can check though his history in general later out of curiosity.  

No need, I was joking with you... in the end he didn't accept my bet, but a few days after the bet ended he was finally banned since the mods finally saw his purpouse on the site wasn't very healthy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Torillian said:

While I might be mistaken about this (this is based mostly on Craig's old standby answers that I'm remembering and no recollection of Smeags changing things) the example you cite doesn't really seem to work with that.  

This is TheDrill's ban note: "Permaban - Trolling (As you wrote, all good things must come to an end. Your tenure on this forum has come to an end, as well. This OP is one massive trolling attempt against Xbox fans and devotees. In fact, based on your admission in this thread, your entire posting career on this site has been an elaborate troll attempt. That history of trolling, combined with the language on your wall ("Seeing how the mods treat me I'm afraid I might get banned if I do that. Many mods are big fanboys. Of all the forums I frequent I think this one has the most corrupt mods ever.") and the fact that you reposted a locked thread leads us to believe you're not ready to be a member of this community. Goodbye.) "

no mention of a bet to my knowledge, I can check though his history in general later out of curiosity.  

No need, I was joking with you... in the end he didn't accept my bet, but a few days after the bet ended he was finally banned since the mods finally saw his purpouse on the site wasn't very healthy.

ah yeah, I recall that now.  Apologies for missing the joke.  Sometimes tough to keep up with intentions through text.  

Hiku said:
jlmurph2 said:

Are you 100% sure about that?

Paradox!

Torillian said:
DonFerrari said:

ah yeah, I recall that now.  Apologies for missing the joke.  Sometimes tough to keep up with intentions through text.  

no problem. but in the past mods banned for bet request right?? and nowadays if someone request a time-off you still do?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Torillian said:

no problem. but in the past mods banned for bet request right?? and nowadays if someone request a time-off you still do?

I think some ban requests for time-off are honored, but I don't know that for a fact.  We'd have to get one of the head mods in here to specify the current situation, but it's been a while since I've seen a ban bet honored so I don't think those are done.  

Around the Network

This thread would've been locked in gaf. Never change Vgchartz. :p

Torillian said:
DonFerrari said:

I think some ban requests for time-off are honored, but I don't know that for a fact.  We'd have to get one of the head mods in here to specify the current situation, but it's been a while since I've seen a ban bet honored so I don't think those are done.  

Last I remember was an post from Smeags or axumblade saying that they wouldn't perma or long ban people out of request.

Its amazing to see how some people think PS4 exclusives which had gameplay shown would be delayed to 2017. I wonder if they think that about XB1 exclusives, the ones where gameplay wasn't even shown.

GameMasterPC said:
Its amazing to see how some people think PS4 exclusives which had gameplay shown would be delayed to 2017. I wonder if they think that about XB1 exclusives, the ones where gameplay wasn't even shown.

Uncharted got delayed and that had gameplay videos last year. Zelda got delayed and that had gameplay shown last year as well. Don't think this is a case of double standards. It can happen, also I wouldn't blame them if it did, a small delay for polish is greatly appriciated, as long as that delay is a year max. Witcher 3 was delayed a couple of times, and while I was disappointed at first, I understand that some games need that extra polish. 

Acevil said:
GameMasterPC said:

Uncharted got delayed and that had gameplay videos last year. Zelda got delayed and that had gameplay shown last year as well. Don't think this is a case of double standards. It can happen, also I wouldn't blame them if it did, a small delay for polish is greatly appriciated, as long as that delay is a year max. Witcher 3 was delayed, and while I was disappointed at first, I understand that some games need that extra polish. 

When people are already making bets that these games will be delayed without any sign of those happening it just comes off as wishful thinking. We can't predict if it will be delayed or not but to bet your horses on it points towards an agenda.